Nationals Entries

bpanther

Shouldn't the UTCC cars know not to block a car that says H? on the front? Maybe a special announcement should be made in our meeting about this issue. BTW, I have never run against UTCC cars, I'm just chimming in based on what I've read above.

Get ready for the intense out of class blocking!!!! LOL

And the much higher chance of contact, and passing their back markers in 3-4 laps...

I've had some pretty bad experiences with them, and I'm going to mirror Jimmy's response, because I've seen more then enough out of class blocking in our race group.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slammed_93_hatch

• jmeris

• bpanther

• jfo

Shouldn't the UTCC cars know not to block a car that says H? on the front? Maybe a special announcement should be made in our meeting about this issue. BTW, I have never run against UTCC cars, I'm just chimming in based on what I've read above.

Special announcements, talking to drivers, talking to their race officials, its all been done and none of it has worked. I have been dealing with this off and on for 2.5years, and others around the same time...

And the much higher chance of contact, and passing their back markers in 3-4 laps...

I've had some pretty bad experiences with them, and I'm going to mirror Jimmy's response, because I've seen more then enough out of class blocking in our race group.

They are UTCC Professional Racers (cough,cough) and there ego's can't let them get lapped by Honda Challenge guys... no way

Trust me it is briefed over and over again at the meeting and it goes in one ear and out the other.

You amatuer Honda Challenge racers should really consider what you guys are saying. USTCC is NASA's premeire road racing series (at least that was what I was told.) If a USTCC car is behind you in a race (regardless of whether or not their lap times are faster or slower than you), as an amatuer racer, you should let the USTCC pro racer pass you. I would hate to see the USTCC pro racers image get tarnished by a HC weekend warrior. In addition, it makes them look faster than they really are....because it is a pro series.

You amatuer Honda Challenge racers should really consider what you guys are saying. USTCC is NASA's premeire road racing series (at least that was what I was told.) If a USTCC car is behind you in a race (regardless of whether or not their lap times are faster or slower than you), as an amatuer racer, you should let the USTCC pro racer pass you. I would hate to see the USTCC pro racers image get tarnished by a HC weekend warrior. In addition, it makes them look faster than they really are....because it is a pro series.

Are you going to be at sears point next weekend??

You need to come out to more races!!!

Nice!!!!!

Us ametuer racers should park our cars in front of the podium after the race on Sunday and spray some champagne!!!! But we should use the smaller bottles so we don't step on any toes.

Us ametuer racers should park our cars in front of the podium after the race on Sunday and spray some champagne!!!! But we should use the smaller bottles so we don't step on any toes.

dude!!! you got it wrong!!

Saturday should be the Champagne day.

You see that is when the "lesser" not as top notch series race. You know like in NASCAR Nationwide races on saturday...

But really it means we can drink the champange, followed by beer saturday night and really enjoy ourselves.

I'm gonna switch to USTCC.

Seriously I would think that 2 groups would have separate standing starts and with a 3 mile course it will be a long time until one group catches another.

How did Rodney King say it?

dude!!! you got it wrong!!

Saturday should be the Champagne day.

You see that is when the "lesser" not as top notch series race. You know like in NASCAR Nationwide races on saturday...

But really it means we can drink the champange, followed by beer saturday night and really enjoy ourselves.

See I like the way you think. Saturday has my vote.

Probably not the right posting to start ripping other series especially within the same organization you race with. I am trying my hardest to solve the USTCC/HC and the other classes we race with. Me and Jimmy had a talk at the last event about this issue and it was dealt with at the track by myself after the fact. I am up in race control and I am telling our racers and they can read it here too, that if you race out of class I will make sure to black flag during the race and come in the pits to talk about it. I hope this will help and make it better. You have my word. i will try to see it on the track as it is happening. I will also keep reminding our racers as well (hopefully plug one ear so it doesn't go out the other)

Thank you Jimmy for pulling me aside after the race. That was a very professional way of handling it. I did. I am sorry I was not able to handle it during the race. And am sorry for what happened during the race.

Lets keep the series bashing down. Just because you have had personal issue within the series that is no reason to bash it and everyone else racing in it.

USTCC has done a lot both negative and positive. Believe me I have had my finger pointed and voice raised against the USTCC and the leadership. Better to put up then shut up so I did and now am trying to make it better. But with events like SJGP and ALMS at Portland it is good for NASA for the exposure that NASA receives which makes it way all the way down to every racer, TT and school group driver.

Thank you Jimmy for pulling me aside after the race. That was a very professional way of handling it. I did. I am sorry I was not able to handle it during the race. And am sorry for what happened during the race.

Lets keep the series bashing down. Just because you have had personal issue within the series that is no reason to bash it and everyone else racing in it.

Jeff,

Over the years I have directed HC I have spoken to the various directors of USTCC. Last year I was able to get USTCC's practice race to start behind the group A field and that help a lot, on Saturday's. I spoke to you earlier this year about out of class racing and you told me the same thing, that offending drivers will be punished. The very next race I was able to see the out of class racing happening again (and by one of the same people too).

If you REALLY want to improve out of class relations with USTCC you need to stick to your word! I have seen your class in the past promise to resolve problems, and nothing done. Even worse I have seen USTCC tell me one thing, and change their stories to NASA (I have witnessed this twice now). This is what is not helping the out of class relations.

That’s all I have to say about class relations.

No worries. i cannot speak for other directors or previous series. I still feel for you and your incident. AS for Jimmy's, the offending driver was already the last points/money position after the race. The ones behind him were fun runs.

Like I said if I see it happening IT WILL BE DEALT with. It I do not see it please approach as Jimmy did and video and then it will be dealt with. Let's work together on this as well because I would expect the same from you if this was to happen with HC cars (doubt it would)....but just in case.

This happens in Koni Challenge with the slow GS cars racing with the ST front ST cars. Grand-Am make the offending drivers do a drive through penalty. I don't think that is reasonable for us as trying to enforce a speed limit and such would be hard. So instead they can make a stop at the black flag station.

The out of class racing will stop, hopefully and we can make it happen.

To remain on topic GET YOUR NATIONAL ENTRIES IN. Especially with all the TV coverage now make sure we can justify it to the network and we will get a lot more exposure.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently registered for H1 in Nationals. Will we make the 4 car minimum for H1? Or will Graham continue to be the National Champ. by default?

H2 seems to be lacking #'s as well.

Hey,

I might have a spot in the trailer if anyone need transporting. I prefer small car. You can bring anything that you can fit in the car plus one set of tires. Just make sure the driver seat is empty for the driver.

Asking $700 for round trip. Car must be dropped off at my place in Concord, CA

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last 2 posts are H1 (cough-cough Andrie) what is the deal? Can we count on more registering soon?

Kevin Helms says he is coming

Honda R&D TL?

Hasport car(s)?

Downey?

Mike ??? Black Integra

I don't think there are any others coming from the East. I don't know if there are any in the South and who else am I forgetting on the West Coast?

Do I have it correct at a max of about 6 or 7?

Since the last 2 posts are H1 (cough-cough Andrie) what is the deal? Can we count on more registering soon?

Kevin Helms says he is coming

Honda R&D TL?

Hasport car(s)?

Downey?

Mike ??? Black Integra

I don't think there are any others coming from the East. I don't know if there are any in the South and who else am I forgetting on the West Coast?

Do I have it correct at a max of about 6 or 7?

I don't think there will be enough competitors in H1....Four is the minimum to have a champion, and we can't even get that.

Oldt-is registered

Meris-is registered

Graham Downey, the current champ-WILL register.

Helms-MAY go?

Other than that...it doesn't look like there will be anyone else. Brandon Kraus WAS going to go, but just recently backed out.

Anyone else?

Starting to look towards H2....or withdraw completely.

arrrrgh.........It is looking like I might back out too due to lack of competitors. My car can't go anything but H1.

I'll stay in until the drop dead date just in case we get a flood of entries.

arrrrgh.........It is looking like I might back out too due to lack of competitors. My car can't go anything but H1.

I'll stay in until the drop dead date just in case we get a flood of entries.

Great....Another one is going to bite the dust...

Like John, I too will stay in H1 until the drop dead date.

Looks like Graham is going to be Honda Challenge's FIRST back-to-back champ...by default

Some hope for H1 racers:

I talked to Kiwi today and he says that they'll probably have a pair of their Special Projects H1 cars going to Utah, one of which, he'll be racing.

And 2 local Utah H1 racers are tentatively going to be at their home track for nationals.

With me, Graham, Oldt, and maybe Helms, H1 might just have a whopping 7 racers!!