Nationals Entries

bpanther

Well I picked up my car today and it really looks great. But due to the expenses getting it fixed I will not be making it this year to Nationals. Good luck to everyone!!!!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slammed_93_hatch

• jmeris

• bpanther

• jfo

Some hope for H1 racers:

I talked to Kiwi today and he says that they'll probably have a pair of their Special Projects H1 cars going to Utah, one of which, he'll be racing.

And 2 local Utah H1 racers are tentatively going to be at their home track for nationals.

With me, Graham, Oldt, and maybe Helms, H1 might just have a whopping 7 racers!!

Hey... that's a good start.

FWIW, I would really appreciate those on the fence waiting for more entries not cancelling until the last minute. By dropping out it just gets other to not sign up.

My hope is that if you stick around others will sign up and then you'll stay - if that makes sense.

There are supposedly 5 Utah Honda Chal racers. 4 H1 & 1 H2.

I am trying to convince them to buck up and not be afraid of the outsiders.

They're SCARED on their own home turf?

What I don't understand is when I look at the NorCal and SoCal points I see plenty of competitors in H2 and H4 and at least a few in H1 but there are only a few registered for Nationals.

I did not see the RM points.....who are these Honda racers you speak of? They are probably too slow anyway so they probably shouldn't even register.

Money is tight this year for a lot of us. I'm sure the low turnout is not a reflection on the facility or NASA, it has just been a tough year $$$ wise. It is going to be weird when the CA crossover event has twice the cars as nationals.

What I don't understand is when I look at the NorCal and SoCal points I see plenty of competitors in H2 and H4 and at least a few in H1 but there are only a few registered for Nationals.

I did not see the RM points.....who are these Honda racers you speak of? They are probably too slow anyway so they probably shouldn't even register.

H1 got it's balls cut off out here this year.

With andrie moving to a different series, Graham focusing on his other cars, and brandon building a brand new car. the other H1 guys (mike lock and Bob Gill) decided to switch to H2.

Out of the 6 H2 guys from norcal who could go as of now, 2 had some serious body work to take car of which took a hit to the budget, the other one spent a ton more money on transmission issues and the other owns a business and can't take the time off work. Another lost his job, and the last one is going just hasn't registered yet.

I think Chris smith is going to make it though, last i talked to him he thought he was going to make it (just has to race the next race to qualify.

I am sure many of the socal guys that can't go have similar issues.

They heard you were comin and bringing your A game!!! I think you are due for a championship.

They heard you were comin and bringing your A game!!! I think you are due for a championship.

one of there guys posts on HT

he said they were concerned about the metal to metal from last year...

With andrie moving to a different series, Graham focusing on his other cars, and brandon building a brand new car. the other H1 guys (mike lock and Bob Gill) decided to switch to H2.

Ahem...

With andrie moving to a different series, Graham focusing on his other cars, and brandon building a brand new car. the other H1 guys (mike lock and Bob Gill) decided to switch to H2. which left jmeris all by his lonesome in H1...

Ahem...

There ya go!!!

• National Staff
Money is tight this year for a lot of us. I'm sure the low turnout is not a reflection on the facility or NASA, it has just been a tough year $$$ wise. It is going to be weird when the CA crossover event has twice the cars as nationals.

That would be a pretty sad thing considering it would cost nearly the same to visit either event...

The way things are going with entries it may not be worth the trip out to Utah this year. If H2 entries don't pick up signifacantly in the next couple of weeks I will need to back out.

That would be a pretty sad thing considering it would cost nearly the same to visit either event...

Not really...

Just the 4 to 5 days off is a huge cost that a crossover wouldn't have. Not to mention the added track time which means more tires burned up, brakes, wheel bearings, ect ect ect. Then throw in the more expensive entry fee, much much longer tow for 95% of people, and Nationals is much more expensive then a crossover.

.....I can only eat burgers at Micky-D's so many times before I need a nice steak in a fancy restaurant.

Completely Agree!!

I was just running the minimum races to qualify for nationals so that i could afford to go. But blowing up two motors and hence not being able to meet the minimum race requirements im out...

Really wish i could go though, miller is a really cool track/facility. I enjoyed it when i was there working.

I agree that I would trade a crossover or 2 events out of region for a National event. As a matter of fact that was my plan.....until the engine blew up.

A crossover event while good wouldn't compare to drawing cars from far away regions and racing people you wouldn't normally race against at a National event.

If more "local" guys would have registered early I think more guys from further away would have registered. There is still time to register.

I am still not sure why the Downey's haven't registered..

H1 car H2 car and maybe a 3rd H2 is what they could bring/have said they might run

Hey John,

Sorry to hear about your engine....can't get another one for nats?

If not, looks like I'm the only entry for H1 huh....

Looks like its looking more and more that I'm just going to crew for my buddy in H2 and watch him take the victory.

With that said, I can't wait for Nationals '10!!!!!!! Where maybe we can get a dozen HC cars....IN ALL CLASSES.

See everyone there!!!

jmeris-

(who thinks the honda challenge field is at this year's nationals is PATHETIC)

With that said, I can't wait for Nationals '10!!!!!!! Where maybe we can get a dozen HC cars....IN ALL CLASSES.

See everyone there!!!

jmeris-

(who thinks the honda challenge field is at this year's nationals is PATHETIC)

Easy fix. Send nationals back to Ohio. Apparently that was the right formula.....Formula NASA.

John

Redstone is lagging on registration, but we'll be there. We'll have Graham in H1 (if there are enough entries) and me, Liam, in H2. Plan was to have Mark in the 2nd H2 car, but most likely he won't be out of his rookie status in time, so probably next year for him.

Not sure the switch from Mid-Ohio to Miller is the issue here, I'm guessing the combination of a sucky economy and a pretty poor HC turnout all year are the main factors.

Hey John,

Looks like its looking more and more that I'm just going to crew for my buddy in H2 and watch him take the victory.

quote]

Whoa! John? Throwing down the gauntlet this early....? He'll have to get past a few of us to take that trophy