Nationals Roll Call

kbrew8991

bringing this back.... We decided we are attending this year but plan on going to Mid-O in 2011 (did not go last year either)... ..but we would go to VIR or Road Atlanta if Nationals moved there FWIW....

The problem is there are no truely good tracks right smack in the middle of the country. I loved heartland park for the runoffs last year. But most people hated it. Hence why the SCCA moved to the Drag Strip known as road america.

SCCA moved to RA because they get the $$ from the competitors, 4 mile track means bigger fields and more $$$ for SCCA. Not saying that's a bad thing.

plus I heard the regional SCCA (Chicago) owns part of Road America... at least that is the word on the street...

True, but they are not a majority shareholder or anything.

I think the decision to move it to RA had more to do with car counts than anything.

That's why they changed the qualifying requirement to get to nationals from the usual top 3 in each region to just starting and finishing 4 national races.

IMO I think National kind of threw the regions under the bus.

Highjack over - Back to you regularly sceduled program

The problem is there are no truely good tracks right smack in the middle of the country. I loved heartland park for the runoffs last year. But most people hated it. Hence why the SCCA moved to the Drag Strip known as road america.

Don't need to be in the middle of the country but the middle of the population base, my goal was one of two years and since I made it in 2009.....

I wonder where NASA's population center is - who cares about overall?

That would be good to know, NASA Northeast is weak and that is where most people live. NASA Great Lakes, Midwest, Mid Atlantic & Southeast are pretty strong. I would guess Mid Ohio won't be that far off. Way more people came to Mid Ohio than Miller, I bet Mid Ohio in 2011 will have double the entrys as Miller (That is if they don't fill up.)

• 2 weeks later...
1 data point in a weak economy that saw race attendance overall slide downwards. Lets see about 2010

um yeah, economy is STILL weak in 2010..

I still see tons of homes for sale that have been on the market over a year now

I still have 5 friends and family folks I personally know out of work (laid off with no hope of being employeed any time soon in sight)

I still have no permanent job from my own layoff in 2008 (working a temp contract that ends june 30th and back to the unemployed pile I go)

It's a horrible thing to have all the time in the world to take trips/go to events like this but NO money to do it

It gets hard to justify doing fun stuff like this when you are struggling to pay the mortgage every month and keep that good credit rating in place

EDIT: Ironic though is if nationals was at MidO this year, we would go (and plan on going as of right now for 2011 when in MidO)