July - Lowe's - Track Config

drivinhardz06

drivinhardz06

Are we running the full oval/infield course that's something like ~2.25 mile? Are there going to be chicanes put in place on the oval? If not, that is going to be a mighty fast course. (pretty much open high banked oval from off T1 back to the end of the front straight)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivinhardz06

• sperkins

• kbrew8991

• smokinjoe

yup the full roval, and I dont believe there will be a chicane. I expect 150mph in my honda challenge car. Im glad its so slow.

drivinhardz06

any thought to putting in a chicane at the end of the backstraight before NASCAR T3? There will be a lot of 300/400/500 hp HPDE and TT cars with basically OEM safety gear (or slightly better) going really fast...

I just replaced my front right wheel bearing last week. I think I'm going to go ahead and put a new one on the right rear before Lowes.

drivinhardz06
I think I'm going to go ahead and put a new one on the right rear before Lowes.

Mine are good.

I'm going to bring 4 pair of underwear, a fresh pair for after every session.

Tirewarmer
any thought to putting in a chicane at the end of the backstraight before NASCAR T3? There will be a lot of 300/400/500 hp HPDE and TT cars with basically OEM safety gear (or slightly better) going really fast...

I'm glad that I'll have my rollbar out and full cage installed by then.

What does a miata do around Lowes? 135mph?

kbrew8991

Miatas can't go that fast in all seriousness I'd expect 110-120s out of your car maybe... depends on what kind of draft you can catch

the rest - well, thats why there isn't DE1 or DE2 at this event - at some point you just need to stop trying to save people from themselves...

Tirewarmer

At CMP, Traqmate data has me at 108 at the braking zone for turn 8 and 108 through the kink in fourth gear, I've seen 115 on the street very easily. I really hope that I don't get over 120 MPH.

kbrew8991

look again at that track map again and tell me you'd sit in the right-side seat of some noob in a Viper ACR

Chris04Z4

Think i might try to work this event if i can get off work.... i could feel like a nascar flaging guy person... lol

drivinhardz06

NASCAR 1&2 are 2,400 ft. Backstraight is 1,500 ft. So you'll be headed off into NASCAR 3 after running WOT for ~4,000 ft (same as the VIR backstraight, only you use the last 500 ft of that for thresh-hold braking and you start out much slower coming out of oak tree).

In this case you go into NASCAR 1 with a few mph momentum off the infield course, and stay WOT for nearly a mile, then get to sail off into a 24 degree banked corner, which a lot of cars won't even have to lift for. Ie, a lot of cars will be WOT for ~1.5 mile.

Z06RACER

When I raced there, I hit 153 going into turn 3 in my T1 corvette. I had to lift to make it aound the 3/4 complex. the turn into the infield section will really get your attention. Flat out in 4th gear, threshold brake and a 90' turn onto the road coarse between 2 NJ barriers. My friend shorten a BMW by about 3' trying to make that turn. (if you don't think you can make the turn, blow thru the cones and go straight into T1)

Of all the places we race...especially if you have a high HP car.....make sure you have every bit of safety equipment on your car, and check the car out completely. Mistakes here are costly and they hurt. It is a fun, fast place to race, and will give you a better appreciation for what the NASCAR guys do for 4-5 hrs!!

• Members
I'm going to bring 4 pair of underwear, a fresh pair for after every session.

The last time we ran there a friend asked me why flames kept shooting out of the tailpipes on my car along the back straight and NASCAR T3-T4 and I explained that I was bouncing off of the revlimiter in 5th! ohsnap.gif

Keith Andrews
When I raced there, I hit 153 going into turn 3 in my T1 corvette. I had to lift to make it aound the 3/4 complex. the turn into the infield section will really get your attention. Flat out in 4th gear, threshold brake and a 90' turn onto the road coarse between 2 NJ barriers. My friend shorten a BMW by about 3' trying to make that turn. (if you don't think you can make the turn, blow thru the cones and go straight into T1)

Of all the places we race...especially if you have a high HP car.....make sure you have every bit of safety equipment on your car, and check the car out completely. Mistakes here are costly and they hurt. It is a fun, fast place to race, and will give you a better appreciation for what the NASCAR guys do for 4-5 hrs!!

+1 What Bob said.

When you enter and exit the infield you go head on past concrete barriers that will get your attention. The good news is the oval is the smoothest surface I've ever driven on.

At the Rock I was going off into turn 1 WOT in my little corolla. I was wishing for more power and a longer straight...and Jim's gonna grant my wish (at lowe's I'll have both). Just tell Bob to starch the checkered flag so he can wave it or use it to scrape me off the wall. My thanks to jim & julie for making this happen, I can't wait!

Z06RACER
and I thought Daytona was fast track! too bad LMS is 8 hours from me as opposed to 3 minutes from Daytona

Daytona is alot faster!!!!!!!!!!

and I thought Daytona was fast track! too bad LMS is 8 hours from me as opposed to 3 minutes from Daytona

Daytona is alot faster!!!!!!!!!!

but daytona has that damn bus-stop at the end of the super stretch, you don't get the same feeling of approaching Nascar T3 at full bore after rocketing down the whole backstretch like you do at Lowes (just speculating, never been to LMS)

but daytona has that damn bus-stop at the end of the super stretch, you don't get the same feeling of approaching Nascar T3 at full bore after rocketing down the whole backstretch like you do at Lowes (just speculating, never been to LMS)

Driven on both Daytona and Charlotte. I was turning in at the "damn bus stop" at over 100mph and exiting just over 90mph in a 951. Still had enough track to bounce the rev limiter in 5th at start finish (165 mph). I think you can go just as fast at Daytona with the bus stop as Charlotte w/o. Unless you have ungodly horses, your car will drive itself through Nascar 3&4 but I'll bet you if you've never been there you'll be lifting those first couple laps!