Lap Timers

BrianZ

I am thinking of attending the HPDE on the 19th. Can I bring my infrared lap timer with me?

Edited by Guest

If you bring it, hide it. If they find out you have it you will probably be asked to put it away, if you don't then you may be asked to leave. Timing or scoring HPDE can jeopardize their insurance rates, there insurance rates determine the rate we pay for the HPDE and I don’t want to pay anymore than I already do.

--chad

Timing or scoring HPDE can jeopardize their insurance rates, there insurance rates determine the rate we pay for the HPDE and I don’t want to pay anymore than I already do.

But I can rent a transponder at a NASA event and have my times posted by Timing and Scoring. That would seem to imply that getting my lap times at a NASA event is condoned.

I do know that some BMWCCA events do not allow timing, although I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it.

Jason

Timing or scoring HPDE can jeopardize their insurance rates, there insurance rates determine the rate we pay for the HPDE and I don’t want to pay anymore than I already do.

But I can rent a transponder at a NASA event and have my times posted by Timing and Scoring. That would seem to imply that getting my lap times at a NASA event is condoned.

I do know that some BMWCCA events do not allow timing, although I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it.

Jason

When was the last time you did this?

--chad

When was the last time you did this?

--chad

May 24, 2003. I posted a 1:44:xx at Willow Springs.

This may be a difference between regions. I certainly don't want to lead anyone astray.

Jason

May 24, 2003. I posted a 1:44:xx at Willow Springs.

This may be a difference between regions. I certainly don't want to lead anyone astray.

Jason

It may be different. I just did one in mid June and they were harping on timing/scoring of HPDE's.

I decided to Email Nasa about this.. the reply i got back from Nasa Registration [[email protected]] was ....

Sure can, go for it!

-Reg

[email protected] wrote:

I was thinking of signing up for a HPDE event at the reno-fernly

raceway.. I have an infrared lap timer I would like to use. Am I

allowed to set up an inrared trasmiter next to the track to get

laptimes?

hey white_2kgt..

It could be a local thing... i know the other tracks and HPDE events i have gone to around this area let you use the timer. As long as you dont turn the HPDE into a race...