SVT Lightning Class

Muchaka1976

I'm new to the forum and would like to know what class would I be able to race my 1999 for SVT Lightning. Are there groups that race these?

• National Staff
I'm new to the forum and would like to know what class would I be able to race my 1999 for SVT Lightning. Are there groups that race these?

They are eligible for Time Trial (TTE* base class), Performance Touring (PTE* base class), Super Touring, and Super Unlimited.

• National Staff

4670 lb base weight. We put it in there when someone asked, but I'm not sure if anyone has driven one in competition yet. We can always adjust as needed in the future.

Not to burst your bubble...but trucks are meant for towing racecars. You'll end up spending stupid amounts of money trying to get this thing to handle only to realize that you've spent your last nickle buying tires and brakepads for a 5,000 lb. rolling chicane!

Buy a Mustang and an open trailer!

Sidney Franklin

CMC #64

Not to burst your bubble...but trucks are meant for towing racecars.

Sidney Franklin

CMC #64

You're right.

dmax.jpg

You think this guy's got Gail Banks sponsoring his Lightning? Don't think so. We're not doing this person any good "helping" him find a class for a vehicle that was never meant to be road raced. He'll end up spending gobs of money, will not be competitive, burn through tires and brake pads at every event, then run out of money and leave with a terrible memory of road racing.

If he wants a taste, sure, let him run HPDE1 with his parts hauler then send him home to find a proper track car. The amount of money it would take to make his pickup survive a weekend of racing would pay for a CMC Mustang.

Sorry to be so harsh but we've seen this before,

Sidney Franklin