what class should I be?

oddballmotorsports

I have a 1996 Acura Integra gsr and it makes about 178hp to the wheels. I race mostly up at Mosport Intl raceway (canada) and want to run in the 10hour race at road Atlanta in December. I have a 32 gallon fuel cell in it and am not sure what class I should enter it in. What kind of cars run in the ES class and what kind of mods do they have? I like eveyone just want to have fun and be competitive. I'm open to any ideas because its along way for me to come and have the car set up for a class I can't even be competitive. Thank you in advance!!!

assuming it is a stock/close to stock GSR you could run E1 as a Honda challenge H2 car.

But you would only be able to fill 10gallons at pit stops. You could start the race with all 32 gallons in the fuel cell. If you have/use a dry break setup you HAVE to run ES.

ES cars are typically Corvettes, GT3 porches, daytona prototypes, and similar cars

DP's are ESR. WE have run against them all the time. Check your fueling rulse and tire rules in the class that you would normally drive. You could be penalizee for having alarge cell right now in E2or bump to E1. There are disadvantages in the lower classes with the fuel limitations and not taking advantage of the capacity. Next is if your drivers can run afull stint on that tamk. Running ES, gives you that advantage of filling the tank full at that time and take on tires (4) where other classes only permit one at a time

Richard www.pdg4.com

Thank you guys!! I'm not sure what to do just yet, but that's why i'm asking so many questions. Even with my long fuel stints I don't think I can compete with such fast cars. I would love to come down and run Es, but it's a long way to come and run at the back of the class. I have lots of time before the race and can't wait!! I will keep asking questions as they come to me and I hope to make the right choices. Thanks again guys!!

Hi,

I saw that you said if you have a dry break system in the car you have to run ES, why is that? My car is a 06 MX5 and would get killed by those cars.

Thanks for you help.

RJ

the E0-E3 classes are refueled through more traditional means

I've seen many a SpecMiata run very well overall even with E2 refueling rules, I would think with a faster MX5 Cup car that got similar gas mileage and more open fueling rules it wouldn't be as big a handicap as you think... esp for longer (ie real ) enduros

didn't an MX5 win or place very well at last years 25hr? Or am I remembering completely wrong

didn't an MX5 win or place very well at last years 25hr? Or am I remembering completely wrong

3rd overall in 07

Yes, an ES Miata won the ES and the overall in the 08 25 hour endurance race. They made no mistakes and ran a good clean race. We were in line for the win and then suffere a failed alternator and had 3 unexpected battery pit stops. We run ES.

Running any other than ES with that tank is not taking advantage of its size. Ifyou run E2 and all the other E2 cars' rules have tank size like 12 gal then you can only start the race with the same fuel capacity. We ran a CMC Mustang in E1 and had a 22 gal cell. We could only start the race with a 16 gal load as the rules call out cell size maximum for the class in which it normally runs. You must co,ply to the rules of class that the car identifies with.