• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DaveWright

• clock

• slammed_93_hatch

• Redstone

6:30am. Finally some time to do a write up on the weekend.

Dave and I had a pretty interesting contest going right from the start. I almost jumped the start! So when I got back to gas, I quickly spun the tires. It took a second to get traction back, and by that time Dave was cleanly by me. I had my opportunity to take back 2nd going into turn 11 and took it. But then, I noticed something different...

I has been a while since I have been in a heads up with Dave, maybe even as far back as Thill CW in 2007, I can't remember, but it's been awhile. Anyway, old Dave, when I made my pop, would have been all over the road defending his line. "New Dave" calmly left me the corner. This didn't give me a good feeling. Even though I was now in front, New Dave was on my bumper now. I had never raced New Dave before.

On the next Turn 11, it was his turn to pop. He had drafted up just enough to stick his nose in but not enough get alongside. I left a little room, because he had left me some. I kinda expected him to shove it in, but New Dave knew something. He didn't have to. He knew I was about to miss my shift to third. Dammit! I missed it!

Of course, this pleased the Z, for us to be harrassing each other on every 11. I decided that New Dave could wait for a few laps. We need to catch up to Z. So for the next 2 laps, there was very little attempt to pass, though I took a look on the exit of 7 once, Dave was plowing there.

2 laps later, we were going up Turn 2 like normal. I thought Dave had waited a little too long to brake, but that was ok, I had to brake myself. So I started to brake, and shifted to third, and gave some trail brake on entry before going to gas. I already knew something was wrong because whent he clutch went out, the engine went silent. I assumed I had been a dork and went to 5th. Ok so I went to 5th, I will drive it out and shift after apex. I touched the gas, and suddenly had a sick feeling in my stomach, because I felt no drive! And the car was already starting to spin due to that turn in I had initiated.

Crap. Now I know I am going wide. I am up on the crest, sideways. I counter steer, and catch the first slide. That's when I notice that Dave has also gone horribly wide. He's in the marbles, trying to wrestle it back on line. Now I am worried. What started out as going wide or an innocent off, suddenly is an impending collision. I instintively try 3rd, trying to find a gear that works. Nothing. I am screwed, I can't brake on the crest because I will just spin backwards and hit him, so I try to "shimmy" around behind him. Maybe I will find the traction in time. For a second I thought I might have, till my final tank slap understeered my nose into his door.

I spin, ending up on the inside of 2. I tried to get back in the fight. But no drive. Still a box of neutrals. so I let gravity back me down into the tire wall.

Mike's inspection revealed the passenger side axle had snapped, presumably on that downshift, which is why I couln't find a gear. Well I was finding gears, they just weren't working.

The silver lining here is that Dave continued, and his car is fixable. And also that Mike is going to build a Prelude now, since he has already used all the del sol fenders in NorCal this year...

The silver lining here is that Dave continued, and his car is fixable. And also that Mike is going to build a Prelude now, since he has already used all the del sol fenders in NorCal this year...

Also, I'm teaching a suspension damage/allignment class at work next week, and my boss was happy to hear that I have a freshly damaged car to use.

Yeah, it is a sad day, my car is easily fixible, but Mike U is giving me too good a deal on his Prelude project to put any amount of money back into the goblin. That being said, I have some stuff for sale...

Front LCA's w/ spherical bearings EG, DC, EK, $175,

Rear LCA's, a/m w/ spericals $150

koni 3011's 2.5 years old, $1250

Fire system, $250

10 rota slips, 15x7, $50 ea

4 RA-1's 4/32", $100 ea

Question is, will you have a lude for august?

...should...I think I'm going to paint it green!

dude, you did the green thing... go purple!

starting at 16:57

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seriously??? While this isn't as bad as it has been was anything done about that?

Question is, will you have a lude for august?

...should...I think I'm going to paint it green!

And I will break your legs!!!!!!! But we should give it a good paint job.

Well I went to the shop today and they pulled the rocker panel out. But the car is a little worse than we thought. Looks like parts maybe getting cut and replaced. I trust these guys and they said it will be fixed. I keep updating throughout the week.

Ouch! That was a pretty hard hit. Nice save! Damn bodywork. Who owns that orange civic hatch? Looks cool in the video. Great driving Dave.

Devin

HC #6 Civic si

Victor L. Chalk is the owner (snagged the name off of mylaps.com)

I think he was an SCCA guy, he came to the last event with Ron and Donna, and seemed to have a good time. And he came back again.

IIRC its a built B18c

Victor L. Chalk is the owner (snagged the name off of mylaps.com)

I think he was an SCCA guy, he came to the last event with Ron and Donna, and seemed to have a good time. And he came back again.

IIRC its a built B18c

he said its an LS-VTEC with forged internals. Pretty sure the car weights just under 2300 lbs too. He's also running Hankook Z-214 tires.

Car looks great, never got to see the inside tho.

Is that Mike U's old car? Its the same chassis, paint scheme, and white wheels.

John

No that isn't Mikes old car. Mikes car is down south if I am correct.

Ouch! That was a pretty hard hit. Nice save! Damn bodywork. Who owns that orange civic hatch? Looks cool in the video. Great driving Dave.

Devin

HC #6 Civic si

Thanks Devin. I just picked up the incar from Mikes car in both races. Here is the one from Sunday because it was faster to upload. I will put Mikes race on Saturday up tomorrow after work.

almost sounds like the axle pops when chris tries to turn the car back around. The steering is at fully to the left and theres a "pop" sound just after he lets out the clutch. The car moves just a bit, then you hear the sound.

Either way, situation sucks. How badly damaged is the Delly? Doesn't sounds like the damage was too bad, if anything Dave's 1/4 panel took the brunt of it.

thanks for posting. gave me somthing to watch at 3am!

It is actually not too bad. Fender, bumper cover, headlight, little hood and a little frame. Totally fixible, but I can't refuse the mike U's lude any longer. Anyone out there want a totally fixible del sol racing shell? $750

Is that Mike U's old car? Its the same chassis, paint scheme, and white wheels.

John

No that isn't Mikes old car. Mikes car is down south if I am correct.

You are correct.

Jeremy C. bought it and some one has been running it. Here is a picture from this past weekend..

RESIZEBW1ccw6-27-09015.jpg