"Test and Tune" or PAID Practice?

jmeris

you say that not having done OneLap and seeing the guys with money that are average drivers that pre-drove the entire schedule

That's not true. I was with Doug & Topspeed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• bpanther

• 944-Spec#94

• Greg G.

there are many people that pre-drive at least the "hard" tracks. sorry if you didn't talk to any that did, or if you don't think people would do the same if Nationals was a multi-course format. Hell people will do it if its a one course format, its just not as much of an advantage to do so.

If we are talking strickly Time Trials - I would venture to say less than 20% of drivers would run on all 3 - in preparation for Nationals, within the timeframe the courses are released. And those people would be just the locals. The majority would be learning in the morning practice sessions.

Not many venues offer a true multi-config format like Miller. I just think we could use it to break up the "1 fast lap in 4 days" program. I just dont see those running below TTA with deep pockets.

How many people have signed up for the Wednesday Test and Tune day? Most importantly, how big is each group? There are many different classed cars that are combined into 4 groups. What if 1 group has 60 cars, and another group has only 20 cars? Will they even out the groups if something like that happens?

I just signed up for Wedensday. I figured it would be the best use of my time for the main 944 race rather than to cram in more track time each day that I may not be able use as effectively.

What if 1 group has 60 cars, and another group has only 20 cars? Will they even out the groups if something like that happens?

Come on guys.... I ain't stupid.

To answer the other question, about 30 have signed up so far. I imagine it'll be about 100 cars or so that will take advantge of the T&T.

What if 1 group has 60 cars, and another group has only 20 cars? Will they even out the groups if something like that happens?

To answer the other question, about 30 have signed up so far. I imagine it'll be about 100 cars or so that will take advantge of the T&T.

Dave, im sure youre a brilliant man, but i still have to ask. Besides, based on the currently noted entry list, the group that im in can potentially have 90+ cars.

Dave, im sure youre a brilliant man, but i still have to ask. Besides, based on the currently noted entry list, the group that im in can potentially have 90+ cars.

Dang.... I am in that same group. No worries, we will even it out.

There is also the stigma of racing Sat instead of Sunday. When does college football play and when do the pros take the field?

What?? So are you saying that people think college players are less talented because they play on Saturday instead of Sunday? Most of them are less spoiled than the pros but playing on Saturday doesn't diminish their talent and ability anymore than someone racing on Saturday will diminish their abilities. And let's keep in mind that NASCAR CUP drivers do race on Saturdays on occasion, at night even! Not sure I buy some perceived "stigma" as a reason not to split races between Sat/Sun.

Saturday night in prime time... little difference there

and they always race after the "feeder" series (trucks, busch/nationwide/sponsoroftheweek, etc) so even if its not the day itself, its still the order...