2009 NASA Championships ST Race coverage live?

Jeremy C.

• National Staff

Hey all,

I've been working on getting everything setup for the Championship video's.

The ST class is shaping up to be a great race and I'd like to try and find the funding required to include ST1 and ST2 in the NASA Championship DVD and live coverage from the event as well as making the race coverage available on demand after the event.

Last year, a number of the ST class participants stepped up and made it happen.

I'm looking for any leads you guys might have on anyone willing to help cover the costs for this year.

I've already got a few that have expressed interest in ensuring that ST1 and ST2 is one of the races that receives coverage!

Of course, we do have in car cameras we can choose to put in specific cars and the first of them will go to the person in racing at the event that helps with the most funding! I think it's only fair right?

With the expanded coverage being offered this year, the budget is slight more than last year, but not much.

I need to find $4500 to include ST in the event coverage for this year!

I can offer 3 of the main sponsors advertising spots on the page that will be used to view the race on demand after the event.

We also have the opportunity to take the ST race to television, but that will require quite a bit of additional funding that we will need a presenting sponsor for that!

Anyone that has any interest in helping or has a lead for me on a company that might be interested in sponsoring the class can post here or PM me directly.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Hey Jeremy, it would be really cool if the ST2 race is included. We have a pretty decent sized field considering its a higher class series. And iirc there were close to 20 ST2 cars last year? But i dont recall seeing much of the ST2 race on that footage that was prepared. It was primarily the SU battles and little bit of ST1. Maybe a sprinkle of ST2? The economy is killing everyone, but it looks like ST2 will still have a decent sized field this year. Just promise me that regardless of how far back in the pack i am, ill still be on TV.

LoL, we're racers, we're spending enough as it is just to get TO the race, you PR guys are supposed to hook that up ....pretty please.

TR Glenn is loaded!

Not true! Don't you Texas boys have all the oil? Surely you can divert some of those profits to support needy racers. I seem to remember you having so much one year you used it to coat the track.

LoL, we're racers, we're spending enough as it is just to get TO the race, you PR guys are supposed to hook that up ....pretty please.

Are you coming?

• National Staff
Jeremy, so without $4,500 the ST race will not be on TV?

Bueller,

The $4500 gets the class covered for live coverage that your family can view through the speedcast website using your silver membership!

It also gets the class included in the NASA DVD from the Championships as well as the video produced and available online after the event.

It does not allow the class to go to TV. The TV option is an additional $7500 on top of the $4500! Hope that clears up any confusion.

I should note, someone contacted me already and we have our first Class supporter!

As I'm not sure he wants recognition, I will leave it anonymous for the moment!

Jeremy

• National Staff

I'm still working on it!

Who knows the ST class better than it's racers?

That's why I'm asking in addition to any help ones might want to provide themselves if any of you have any ideas about a company that's interested in sponsoring the ST race coverage!

No one eh?

Last year was easy to cover with the help of all you ST racers!

I would be happy to do my part, FYI last year we were told that the class that had the most supporters would be covered and there would be some coverage of all classes, neither orf those things happened so a bad taste was left.

ST2 had the most cars and the most people putting money in = no coverage at all.

I'm still working on it!

Who knows the ST class better than it's racers?

That's why I'm asking in addition to any help ones might want to provide themselves if any of you have any ideas about a company that's interested in sponsoring the ST race coverage!

Have you contacted Pfadt? It's there home track.

No one eh?

I would be happy to do my part, FYI last year we were told that the class that had the most supporters would be covered and there would be some coverage of all classes, neither orf those things happened so a bad taste was left.

ST2 had the most cars and the most people putting money in = no coverage at all.

Ken, I dont want to start anything but I organized the video last year and the deal was the most contribution dollars not the best turn out of racers or the most individual contributions. SU and ST1 paid the most for the video in the shortest amount of time and thus they got the coverage. ST1 paid the most at $2k (8 contributors), ST2 (7 contributors) and SU (2 contributors but 1 person paid for 7 others so 9 contributors adjusted) tied at $1k each (PTA&B had 2 combined). But if you remember Norm (SU) paid $900 to secure all of us getting a video and securing the SU coverage and an in car video. Without Norm paying $900 the video would have been cancelled because I did not have enough contributions by the deadline and I was only willing to contribute $1k. So, to have the facts 100%, ST1 and SU had more individual contributors (adjusted of course ) and were the first to secure enough money to lock in the production (timeing was the most important). It was a first come first serve and I was very clear that this would not cover all 5 classes. Coverage was the biggest dollars and a tie would be settled by the contribution timing.

I will agree that we were told that they would "TRY" to at least post the ST2 running order thruoght the race which I dont think they did. Overall I thought they did exactly what they said and it was well worth the money!

Personally, I think I got the most coverage (not the way I wanted too but coverage is coverage ).

No one eh?

Ken

Thats not exactly true. They were never going to tape the Group D race. We heard about it at the last minute and Brian Goldburg (ST1) did lots of scrambling w/the video company to get a quote and then get people to "pony up" the money. The problem was the video company can only cover 1-2 race groups effectively. Brian didn't have alot of time to solicit every group etc. He asked for donations and 3-4 of us from ST1 and 2-3 from SU put up ALL the money and the deal was done.

I was one of those people who put up the money. It was well worth it.

With as many ST2 guys as you have you should easily be able to get all the guys to chip in and get your race covered. Good luck.

don't get me wrong it was impressive that Brian was able to get it done last year at all, awesome effort especially as last minute as it was.

• National Staff

Ya'll,

Anymore interest in this?

I guess if no one has any interest in this, I can just pass this opportunity onto another class.

I just thought ST would be a great battle this year to cover.

Thank you to the people that have offered to support the class thus far!

Jeremy

Ya'll,

Anymore interest in this?

I guess if no one has any interest in this, I can just pass this opportunity onto another class.

I just thought ST would be a great battle this year to cover.

Thank you to the people that have offered to support the class thus far!

Jeremy

Jeremy, I would if I was going! I cannot believe the ones that are going wont dig in. Its just another tire and you dont have to get it mounted!!!! Good luck!

• National Staff

Jeremy, I would if I was going! I cannot believe the ones that are going wont dig in. Its just another tire and you dont have to get it mounted!!!! Good luck!

Thanks man!

I'm surprised too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • National Staff

Guys/Gals,

Update!

I'm half-way there now for the ST classes!

Anyone wanna help out with the other half? We are getting closer!!!

Have you tried sending out an e-mail to the two classes that would be covered? I would be willing to give my part. Figure out what is need per person and let us know.

• National Staff
Have you tried sending out an e-mail to the two classes that would be covered? I would be willing to give my part. Figure out what is need per person and let us know.

Will do! Thanks..

• 2 weeks later...