Mrsideways

Who from florida is going to the big show? (nationals)

Mrsideways

God it looks like a long tow, I'm thinking leave saturday the 5th to get their tuesday night.

I know Mark would leave tuesday morning and get there tuesday night.

kbrew8991

I'm closer and leaving on Saturday as well... going to use Monday to see a bit of SLC and relax.

Where are you planning on staying?

Balroks

That would be the only advantage of living here, your hella far away from everything...but it's the same distance regardless.

Mrsideways

haven't even looked at hotels yet.

32EVOIX

There is nobody going, did you see the entry list? It was big mistake to take out there, too long and too much money. I think Scott and Andrew are going with their ff 5's that is all I know. There are some cars going from Southeast, I think Jim said he had two trailers. But for the most part everyone out east is staying home. I hope the CA boys are happy competing against each other.

kbrew8991

and TX, RM, and MidWest, and I think its economy thats hurting entry counts...

Mid-O is only 200mi closer for me from Houston, prob equal distance from Dallas

Ian - I posted a link to the place where I'm staying in the Nationals forum - $60ish/night. Everywhere else is price gouging starting at $110/night. DO NOT mention racing when talking to them

BlkGt3

When we did the One Lap to Miller in 07 the Hotels close to the track were uber expensive. We wound up staying by the airport. Remember when Ken.

Peter

kbrew8991

I remember that day especially from OLOA. I wish I had a worthy car, I am so sick of begging for rides that I don't even think I'll try next year. Wouldn't turn down anything that fell in my lap without taking a look though, heh.

I found a place closer and cheap - its about 10 mi from the track iirc considering we'll probably be doing that drive 2-4 times a day for a week

obzezzed350

Is next year back at Mid O?

kbrew8991

2011 & 2012 are at Mid-O

they're giving Miller a 2 year shot, we'll see how it ends up

obzezzed350

Damn, was hoping to head up to Nats in 2010

Mrsideways

Come on, it's only 2400 miles from florida. That's 800 miles a day for 3 days. Average 65 mph thats 3 days at 12.5 hrs of towing... That's just a short trip.

And the last 8 hours or so are over 5000 ft... so the gas mileage will really suck.

Ken, I failed to find the linky to cheap hotel.

obzezzed350

If I ever made it, my dad would come to support so we would share the driving and probably only have to stop for 1 night. Maybe Ill make the journey next year.

Edited by Guest

Mrsideways

U coming to the UTCC tomorrow. If so I'll get your beer there!

kbrew8991

too far from TX, didn't even enter. I got to do it in '07 though nothing like bringing a butterknife to a hand grenade battle

BigKeyserSoze

I have already contracted with OPM Autosports to ship my car to Utah, and I will fly in for the event. Andrew Switlyk was going to go, but some personal issues are going to prevent him from making it. Watching some video of the track now to try to learn it, and will be part of the early track rental the days before to try to get this right. I have never been there and the California crowd calls that place home, so we shall see.

-Scott