VIR WRX Crash July 26

mr. black

I was in the next to last session at VIR on the 26th. A blue WRX rolled over somewhere in turns 14a and 16. Does anybody know if the driver is o.k. and does anybody know what happened exactly? It was repeated how dangerous those particular turns are. I had no problems but I want to know how and why before I do have a problem. It was my first time at the track and would like to learn from others mistakes.

He's allready made a thread about it... he's fine. Car got loose as the turn transitioned to the off-camber section and he lost it. He was going a bit too fast by his own admission.

thanks. i found the link in the mid-atlantic section. i didn't have any problems with that turn and didn't realize you could get that much damage out that corner.

thanks. i found the link in the mid-atlantic section. i didn't have any problems with that turn and didn't realize you could get that much damage out that corner.

It happens often on that corner actually. I've gone off twice there and as stated in the other thread...if you're going off in that turn, just keep on going off and then recollect the car and head back on track. Saving the car on that turn puts you in some really not fun places to be...

I heard the same thing. I was generally puckered and focused on getting through the climbing esses in 5th, that 10 was pretty fun and easy. My car had settled by then. But then again, the WRX was a daily and I had a racer.