HPDE Harness question.

98integrals

Hey everyone!

I am planning on registering for the event at Mid Ohio in August, but before I do I am trying to make sure my car is good to go. So far everything looks good except for my harness. I seem to recall there being a 2-3 year period where a harness can be used in competition and was wondering if there is a similar rule for HPDE (mine are stamped '05). I don't see anything specifically mentioned in the CCR or on the tech sheet so I figured I should ask here to avoid any possible complications at the track.

Thanks in advance!

-Jack

Jack,

From the CCR regarding harnesses in HPDE:

"11.4.8 Seatbelts and Harnesses.

The seatbelts used should be in good condition. No damage may be present on the seatbelts and they must be factory configuration. Any harness or any restraint system, other than factory stock, shall conform to CCR section #15.5, in all respects except for the expiration regulations. Harnesses that are expired for racing may be used providing that they are in at least very good condition. Lap belts used without any shoulder restraints are not permitted."

You are good as long as the harness is good condition. So sign up and come play at Mid-O with us.

the tech inspector will also likely want to confirm that your seat/harness combination is appropriate and that the harness is installed per manufacturer's instructions (or his interpretation of them ...)

bruce

Jack,

From the CCR regarding harnesses in HPDE:

"11.4.8 Seatbelts and Harnesses.

The seatbelts used should be in good condition. No damage may be present on the seatbelts and they must be factory configuration. Any harness or any restraint system, other than factory stock, shall conform to CCR section #15.5, in all respects except for the expiration regulations. Harnesses that are expired for racing may be used providing that they are in at least very good condition. Lap belts used without any shoulder restraints are not permitted."

You are good as long as the harness is good condition. So sign up and come play at Mid-O with us.

I guess I was looking in the wrong spot . This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

If you see this box of slow in the paddock @ mid ohio feel free to stop by and say hey!

n574503012_1190358_5045.jpg

• 3 weeks later...