Miller Outer Loop race video in Pfadt ST1 car

aaronpfadt

We are getting our new Pfadt C6Z racer ready to try to defend our Championship in ST1. I had it out for it's maiden race last weekend with MPRA (Miller Park Race Association) on the 'Outer Loop' configuration of the Miller track. That is the exact configuration that we will be running at NASA Nationals.

Our car in front of our garage before the race

IMG_0582_1_.JPG

Below is some video of the first 4 laps of the race.

Some background on the cars you see. The yellow Corvette belongs to George Smith, a local racer and contender for ST1 this year. He ran a 1:59.xx in this race, so that gives you an idea where ST1 cars will need to be. The two 996 Porsche's are above average for 996 cars in terms of prep. The one is in RSR trim and both are faster than production 997 Cup cars. The faster of the two qualified at a 1:55.xx. The EVO is driven by a local Pro and is obviously fast and aggressive. I make a decision to get away from him in the beginning of the race to work on getting used to the car. It was it's first race, I didn't want to tangle it up already. He has a wild spin next to me at the end of the front straight just before the end of the video.

I put down a 2:04.xx in the race, clearly not Nationals contending yet. The Z right now is completely stock except for cage and Pfadt suspension. I even have the stock exhaust manifolds, cats and mufflers on the car. This car does not have so much as a tune or aftermarket air intake. It is amazing how much of a beast a stock Z is right out of the box. I was pulling 155 or so at the end of the front straight.

The brakes eventually failed in dramatic fashion and took me out of the race. I felt them going so I was able to keep the car on the tarmac and bring it in safely. You can hear them on in the video.

Here are some other cool photos from the weekend.

The calipers overheated so much that the pins backed out and I eventually lost a couple of those little 'padlets'.

IMG_0601_1_.JPG

See the mark on the rotor where the piston is hitting the rotor

IMG_0599_1_.JPG

On grid

IMG_0591_1_.JPG

JR and George on grid

IMG_0592_1_.JPG

George's car in the paddock with Josh, JR and I standing behind it

IMG_0588_1_.JPG

JR's car in the paddock with Jordan inspecting the wheel

IMG_0589_1_.JPG

Here is the video you have been actually looking for! Enjoy

Aaron Pfadt

Great perspective from the lens. Perfect display of the driver steering control. That was a a real embarrassing mistake by the Evo driver.....

Aaron....Thanks so much for posting the video, and the insight on the Outer Loop configuration. It's great to see some pics/video of George Smith too. He's a racer friend from way back, and we're looking forward to catching up with him at Miller. The competition this year promises to be tough, and it's gonna be great watching you guys go for it at Nationals! Good luck to everyone!

Karen Salvaggio

Thunder Valley Racing

FFR Challenge Series #28

2009 CA Pony Cup Champion

www.thundervalleyracing.com

www.teamcobra25hours.com