trhoads

NASA-Hotlanta Challenge Pictures

trhoads

Hello all.

I was out at the track all weekend with all of you, just not driving. I was behind the camera. With the wonderful access to the track granted to me by Jim and Tom, I was able to be in some unique places to cover the event. I took a little over 2500 pictures, and tried to get a couple of every car, but it can be tough. If you are interested, or want to see if I got any of you and your car, please feel free to post here, your group, and car make, color and number and I will look through the collection and see if I have any of you.

Thanks to Jim and Tom, I appreciated your allowing me access to the track.

robbodleimages

Any enduro pics of the #05 Cobra R?

chuck hannah

think i saw you outside of 7 a few sessions??

i was the green and chalk e36 running de1 sat and de2 sunday...always love your pictures!!

kevin.stjohn

Grey mustang TTB #107X

laze1

White BMW E36 #176...PTE/Lightning group

trhoads
Any enduro pics of the #05 Cobra R?

Unfortunately, I was not at the track for the Enduro. I was only there for the weekend, sorry.

trhoads
think i saw you outside of 7 a few sessions??

i was the green and chalk e36 running de1 sat and de2 sunday...always love your pictures!!

Yep, I was everywhere, outside 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10a,10b,12 and inside at 1,3,5,6,7, the back straight bridge, and 11. I hiked the wall the entire track perimter, except between back straight bridge and 10a. I think I have some of your car.

Edited by Guest

trhoads
Grey mustang TTB #107X

I will look. I know I have some from the June Jam, and will look through the ones from this weekend.

trhoads

I might, I will have to look, I had two clients that had contacted me ahead of time in Lighting, and they were in different classes, Lighting was pretty intense keeping up with them, but I will look.

laze1

BTW: The same car ran in DE3/4,,,

I might, I will have to look, I had two clients that had contacted me ahead of time in Lighting, and they were in different classes, Lighting was pretty intense keeping up with them, but I will look.

drivinhardz06

#71 TTA

Red C5 Z06

sperkins

Were you there Friday?

Jon62

#62, DE 2

Red Miata

trhoads
#71 TTA

Red C5 Z06

I think I have a couple, you guys at the front of TT on Saturday were crazy through Turn 3. I will look through, and let you know when they are up for viewing.

trhoads
Were you there Friday?

I was not, sorry. I was only there Saturday and Sunday.

trhoads
#62, DE 2

Red Miata

EDIT, I misread the car number on this one...'doh!

Edited by Guest

drivinhardz06
#71 TTA

Red C5 Z06

I think I have a couple, you guys at the front of TT on Saturday were crazy through Turn 3.

If it's paved, I use it. And if it ain't paved, I still use it

trhoads
#71 TTA

Red C5 Z06

I think I have a couple, you guys at the front of TT on Saturday were crazy through Turn 3.

If it's paved, I use it. And if it ain't paved, I still use it

I can attest to that. Between you and the TTA Porsche, the inside of 3 took a beating. I tried to catch it, hopefully I got one that turned out. Stay tuned.

The Parstgroup.com Team was one of my clients for the weekend, and going through the seemingly endless pages of images last night, this one jumped out at me, and while not all of the ones I take stand out to me as a WOW image, this one did, and it is what I strive for in all of them.

Partsgroup-RX-8-06.jpg_700.jpg

More to come, it just takes time.

drivinhardz06
Between you and the TTA Porsche, the inside of 3 took a beating.

Well, I am working on my frequent flyer miles for Salt Lake in 2010. I think I racked up 5,000 miles this weekend in T3

The Parstgroup.com Team was one of my clients for the weekend, and going through the seemingly endless pages of images last night, this one jumped out at me, and while not all of the ones I take stand out to me as a WOW image, this one did, and it is what I strive for in all of them.

Partsgroup-RX-8-06.jpg_700.jpg

More to come, it just takes time.

Great shot! I do video/media as my day job, and some still stuff as a hobby. That is a tough technique, you really have to play around with the shutter speed and pan speed to pull that off. Here's my best at that so far from Petite Lemans, thing with me is I have to take 50 tries at it just to get a couple of good ones. And those C6.R's haul arse, which doesn't make it any easier!

C6R2.jpg

trhoads

That is a nice shot you got there. Those slow shutter pans are tough, they are what I have been working on mostly now for a couple months. Some cars it is easier, Mr. Mayer was not so easy.

Photography is not my day job, at one time I wanted it to be, but this is a second job for me. Architecture is my day job, and well, right now, no one is building anything.

SilverEIGHT

Travis, you were really working your ass off out there. Can't wait to see the fruits of your labor.

trhoads
Travis, you were really working your ass off out there. Can't wait to see the fruits of your labor.

Thanks. An yeah, it was a lot of work. But, I enjoy it, and when people like the pictures of their car, it is worth it. And hey, great exercise too.

Drumrboy

Good to meet you. Good luck collating those 7 million pix.... but we thank you for the effort!

trhoads
Good to meet you. Good luck collating those 7 million pix.... but we thank you for the effort!

it was a good meeting you too. I thank you for your support, now and from the June event. It was a pleasure shooting your family and their weekend. Just looking through, I think you are going to be very happy with the results from the weekend.

b_tone

Travis, if you have any shots of the #47 Mustang (white w/gold stripes) from the Thunder race I'd appreciate seeing them. I did once notice you on the inside of T5 on the wall and had a brief "what the hell is that!" moment then I realized the it was a photographer.