• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• trhoads

• SilverEIGHT

• Chris04Z4

• drivinhardz06

That is such a cool photo. Thanks for your professional photo skills. I plan to get an enlargement of this pic blown up to 4' wide and put in my new garage. Awesome!

I am glad you like it, and well, flattered that you would grace the walls of your new garage with one of my images.

#88 Black Acura NSX. Sat/Sun HPDE 2. Love to buy some. TIA. Eiffel

Eiffel, you have a PM.

i.php?a=motorsports-photography%2FNASA-Road+Atlanta-August+2009%2FWeb+Shots&i=NSX02.JPG&s=700

Love those cars, they look so nice, and sound amazing on track.

RickJones209

Got any of the very dirty and crapily-driven black Mustang in DE1? It was #209. It was ususally towards the back of the pack except for when Mr Turnipseed and Mr Rankin were pushing me to drive less crappy

Got any of the very dirty and crapily-driven black Mustang in DE1? It was #209. It was ususally towards the back of the pack except for when Mr Turnipseed and Mr Rankin were pushing me to drive less crappy

I will look through the files this evening, and let you know.

chuck hannah

pictures look awesome, but i guess i should have waited for the watermarkle$$ bandwagon before being so gung-ho about inquiring about any of my $hot$?!?

i was just hoping for new wallpaper for the computer, and something to show some friends who couldn't make it...wish i would have know people would actually pay for these things before i just threw up my 300+ from the last event

ugh...PM pricing please??

pictures look awesome, but i guess i should have waited for the watermarkle$$ bandwagon before being so gung-ho about inquiring about any of my $hot$?!?

i was just hoping for new wallpaper for the computer, and something to show some friends who couldn't make it...wish i would have know people would actually pay for these things before i just threw up my 300+ from the last event

Chuck, or to anyone else,

I apologize if at any point anyone here was mislead into thinking that images would be handed out at no cost. I wish I could do that. But I can't. It is an enormous undertaking to try to offer this up to the general public. It is one thing to shoot for 5 or 6 cars, and only worry about them, but to try to cover the hundreds of cars at an event like this, is something else entirely. I was not driving at RA, I was covering the track, I hiked all but the back straight from the bridge to turn 10, and I did some parts of the track more than once. As a result, I had over 2500 images from RA and this event in 2 days. As it is, I have more than a full 50 hour work week involved in the shoot, the processing, the sorting, the responding to order inquiries, filling orders, and the paper work. At the rate I am going right now, I would be better off going to flip burgers, as my hourly rate on this is less than minimum wage when all is said and done. I am not doing this to make money, and capitalize on my fellow NASA drivers, racers and friends. But I would like to try to make up some of my cost, for my time, my gear, and effort, and to this point a few folks have found the pictures to be worth their money, and I sincerely appreciate that. This is an outlet for me to use my more creative side, and I try to cover a race event a little different than the average shooter, I work hard to put out unique images, and I don't let the bad stuff hit the public view. I sincerely apologize if anyone felt like they would receive an email, or a download link, with a file full of what I believe to be pro-grade images, for free. I feel like I offer my images up at a very reasonable cost, that makes it easy for someone to have a few good images of them on track, something that is sometimes hard to get. I offer up the original digital files, almost always worked on in expensive editing software, to make sure the best image possible goes out to my clients. For a small amount of money, you get digital files, no watermarks, no logos, no copyrights, you are free to do with it as you please. I have tried to make sure I offer the best deal, for a fair, and reasonable cost.

Again, sorry if anyone was mislead.

chuck hannah

I apologize if at any point anyone here was mislead into thinking that images would be handed out at no cost. I wish I could do that. But I can't. It is an enormous undertaking to try to offer this up to the general public. It is one thing to shoot for 5 or 6 cars, and only worry about them, but to try to cover the hundreds of cars at an event like this, is something else entirely. I was not driving at RA, I was covering the track, I hiked all but the back straight from the bridge to turn 10, and I did some parts of the track more than once. As a result, I had over 2500 images from RA and this event in 2 days. As it is, I have more than a full 50 hour work week involved in the shoot, the processing, the sorting, the responding to order inquiries, filling orders, and the paper work. At the rate I am going right now, I would be better off going to flip burgers, as my hourly rate on this is less than minimum wage when all is said and done. I am not doing this to make money, and capitalize on my fellow NASA drivers, racers and friends. But I would like to try to make up some of my cost, for my time, my gear, and effort, and to this point a few folks have found the pictures to be worth their money, and I sincerely appreciate that. This is an outlet for me to use my more creative side, and I try to cover a race event a little different than the average shooter, I work hard to put out unique images, and I don't let the bad stuff hit the public view. I sincerely apologize if anyone felt like they would receive an email, or a download link, with a file full of what I believe to be pro-grade images, for free. I feel like I offer my images up at a very reasonable cost, that makes it easy for someone to have a few good images of them on track, something that is sometimes hard to get. I offer up the original digital files, almost always worked on in expensive editing software, to make sure the best image possible goes out to my clients. For a small amount of money, you get digital files, no watermarks, no logos, no copyrights, you are free to do with it as you please. I have tried to make sure I offer the best deal, for a fair, and reasonable cost.

no biggie...was just hoping for one without the watermark like everyone who asked after me was seeming to get. i wasn't trying to make a poster or anything. you could put your logo EVERYWHERE else but the hood of that thing....was just trying to remember the moment...if the car looked like it was doing anything other than driving around the parking lot in any of them then the $$ would be worth it fo sho! (jabbing the driver (me) not the photog.)

...it was DE1 for petes sake...you probably should have just gone for a water break...was definitely hot as alllllll

no biggie...was just hoping for one without the watermark like everyone who asked after me was seeming to get. i wasn't trying to make a poster or anything. you could put your logo EVERYWHERE else but the hood of that thing....was just trying to remember the moment...if the car looked like it was doing anything other than driving around the parking lot in any of them then the $$ would be worth it fo sho! (jabbing the driver (me) not the photog.)

...it was DE1 for petes sake...you probably should have just gone for a water break...was definitely hot as alllllll

Hopefully we have taken care of this.

DDO, you have a PM.

Rick,

You have a PM.

i.php?a=motorsports-photography%2FNASA-Road+Atlanta-August+2009%2FWeb+Shots&i=209-Mustang.jpg&s=700

SilverEIGHT

Travis, my CD came in today and I'm soooooo confused. There are so many good pics, I don't know which I like best! Many thanks.

• 1 month later...
SilverEIGHT

Man, that's the first vid I've seen from your car and that was really cool. I met you in the paddock at that event and enjoyed talking with you. Driving that car looks almost effortless. I know you are working the wheel but it looks really smooth. I think that super wide angle on the camera is apparently making things look less traumatic. Almost to the point it almost straightens out the track (if that makes any sense). What camera are you using?

What kind of speeds are you seeing on the back straight and what are your lap times?

Very cool vid.

• 1 year later...

Hey there,

I was in DE1 for my very first event and would love to see a picture of my car on track. White E36 325 with #420.

Thanks much,

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there,

I was in DE1 for my very first event and would love to see a picture of my car on track. White E36 325 with #420.

Thanks much,

Are you referring to the Hotlanta Challenge event two years ago...2009? If so, I can go back and look them up.

Do you have any of #60 ST2 Red C5 corvette in Thunder Sat & Sunday? I have gotten cds from you I think the other 3 times I have been to Rd Atl. Hoping for some new angles. thanks!

There seems to be some confusion, I was not there in June. Sorry all. This thread was revived after nearly two years in the archives.