05 Mustang GT Suspension question

I have a basically stock suspension ( adjustable front & rear sway bars ) on my 05 GT Mustang. Use is primarily road coarse DE ( Watkins Glen ) . Need specific damper & spring recommendations to reduce body roll during cornering . Grip is good now , not under or over steering . Car feels balanced - just too high

H& R RSS kit?

Eibach R2 kit ?

Thanks

Can run with most of the Porsches in my group - but cornering stability can definitely use improvement .

What kind of wheel and tires are you running? does the car drive on the street as well? what are the ultimate goals for the vehicle? If you are trying to build a dual purpose car everything will be a compromise, if you are trying to go racing then everything should be built towards a rule set.

Steeda Ultra lite wheels 18 "

Nitto NT 05 275/ 40 /18

As stated - primarily track use DEs ,still need to be able to drive to the track & LIMITED around town.

I bought Koni SA shocks/struts and Vogtland "leveling" springs from Sam Strano based on his posts here.

Although he is a national champion autocrosser in a Shelby GT, he has a good idea what it takes to get an S197 around a road course. I would suggest that you give him a call, explain where you are and what you want to change, and let him make some specific suggestions.

- Wayne

- '07 Mustang GT

- NASA TTC

I bought Koni SA shocks/struts and Vogtland "leveling" springs from Sam Strano based on his posts here.

Although he is a national champion autocrosser in a Shelby GT, he has a good idea what it takes to get an S197 around a road course. I would suggest that you give him a call, explain where you are and what you want to change, and let him make some specific suggestions.

- Wayne

- '07 Mustang GT

- NASA TTC

I second Sam Strano's knowledge. He posts on other forums and many respect what it is he has to say!

... Grip is good now , not under or over steering .

I would leave it alone then. Once the performance level of the driver increases beyond that of the car, you may have some of each of those conditions at higher corner speeds.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a basically stock suspension ( adjustable front & rear sway bars ) on my 05 GT Mustang. Use is primarily road coarse DE ( Watkins Glen ) . Need specific damper & spring recommendations to reduce body roll during cornering . Grip is good now , not under or over steering . Car feels balanced - just too high

H& R RSS kit?

Eibach R2 kit ?

Thanks

Can run with most of the Porsches in my group - but cornering stability can definitely use improvement .

No question here... if you want to do it right, do it once, and be fast, it's Griggs Racing (griggsracing.com or 707-939-2244)!

... Grip is good now , not under or over steering .

I would leave it alone then. Once the performance level of the driver increases beyond that of the car, you may have some of each of those conditions at higher corner speeds.

I agree. Even more so If you are not competing. Spend the money on more days at the track.

...I agree. Even more so If you are not competing. Spend the money on more days at the track.

This is the most important thing to remember. Plus what one of the previous posters said.....change it once. Just dont do it just yet.

What run group are you in?

What is your long term goal with the car?

What is your goal for you as a driver?

These questions should weigh in your decision to drop $$ into what seems like a car that is working as it is.