WERC 2005 schedule?

mtm68

• 3 weeks later...

I am also interested in the schedule.

This series is such a great concept. My team has pretty much just moonlighted it, and of course we do the 25. But the enduro is such a fun format, I would contemplate running a full season. What are the fields like? The last one a Buttonwillow I saw seemed pretty full, the last T-hill 3 hour seemed pretty empty.

How are the ES and ESR fields? Growing?

its posted now...

February 20th Thunderhill Raceway 3 Hour (Day)

April 9th Buttonwillow Raceway 3 Hour (Night)

June 11th Buttonwillow Raceway 3 Hour (Night)

October 8th Buttonwillow Raceway 3 Hour (Night)

October 29th Thunderhill Raceway 3 Hour (Day)

December 3rd-4th Thunderhill Raceway 25 Hour (non-points race)

M.

We're currently planning on running all the so. cal enduros this year in ESR and I believe a brand new british sports racer is going to compete in the full series. ES seems to have grown and at the last race there were at least 4 or 5 competitive ES cars including a Porsche turbo, Grand-Am 996 and Ferrari Challenge.

We don't run the Nor. Cal enduros any more but it seems like the so. cal. ones are pretty healthy.

its posted now...

February 20th Thunderhill Raceway 3 Hour (Day)

April 9th Buttonwillow Raceway 3 Hour (Night)

June 11th Buttonwillow Raceway 3 Hour (Night)

October 8th Buttonwillow Raceway 3 Hour (Night)

October 29th Thunderhill Raceway 3 Hour (Day)

December 3rd-4th Thunderhill Raceway 25 Hour (non-points race)

M.

I believe the April 9th at BRP is the same weekend as the POC Tribute to LeMans at Fontana.

I might try a new tactic for the Enduro Series this year.

According to the rules, if you turn one lap in an enduro, you get half the points of the last place finisher in your class.

I could go to all 5 races on the schedule, go out for 1 lap, park it, and collect good points at every event. By going to every event on the schedule, I could get 4th or 5th in the whole series!

I could let you guys work your butts off for 3 hours during each of the 5 enduros, while I'd be having beers and a warm dinner. I could also save 15 hours of wear and tear on my car. (tongue in cheek).

Me too! I knew that you had to finish half the laps of the winner in your class to be a finisher. (CCR's).

But being a finisher and getting points are obviously two different things!

I thought if you weren't classified a finisher, you didn't get squat, which is appropriate if you ask me. Why should I get something for little or no effort? Why should I get points for failing to finish?

• 1 month later...

We're currently planning on running all the so. cal enduros this year in ESR and I believe a brand new british sports racer is going to compete in the full series. ES seems to have grown and at the last race there were at least 4 or 5 competitive ES cars including a Porsche turbo, Grand-Am 996 and Ferrari Challenge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am planning on joining you in the ES class this year with my Renegade Hybrids powered ls-1 V8 944. I watched the last enduro in Buttonwillow and it was so cool to see the top 4 cars running so close for so long! Those were some fine vehicles and some excellent driving.

We just ran our car for its first full weekend at at LVMS with the POC and while the car still has the bone stock suspension, I must say, that it was a blast to drive. I think I was most excited when we corner weighed the car and it came out to 49.5%front / 50.5% rear with a half tank of gas.

Since Chevy is known for it's engine reliability, I figured that combine that with the 944 handling, and we could have a great enduro car...we'll just have to see...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to enjoying some great enduros together with NASA and in the ES class.

Steve