so i started my AI build

AJ Hartman

1 vote for AeroCatch hood latches... no pins to forget on the ground, under the hood or hanging on cables. But like was mentioned make it a habit to latch them ANY time the hood goes down.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJ Hartman

• ST#97

• Mystic_Cobra

• 99cobra2881

1 vote for AeroCatch hood latches... no pins to forget on the ground, under the hood or hanging on cables. But like was mentioned make it a habit to latch them ANY time the hood goes down.

+1 to this. If you have them unlatched you see the back end staring up at you. They are a PITA to install but I am glad I did it now.

so those aero catch latches, if you leave them up does the wind push them down?

No, theyre not a 100% fix, they can be left undone just like any other hood pin. One advantage is they have a catch on them that is more like when a stock hood is open but not latched. If the aerocatch is in the middle unlocked position the hood is in effect latched.

***Edit***

Speaking of leaving hood pins out, anyone else watch the Grand Am race at Barber? About midway through a Porsche GT3 RSR is leaving the pits then WHAM the hood flys up!! It can happen to anyone.

• 1 month later...

Figured I ought to do a follow up on this. I have the aerocatchs installed on the car. I will say they are sooo easy to close that there is no reason to not latch them any time the hood goes down. Hood is an 03 cobra lift off hood made by cervinis.

Install was a very long, measure, remeasure, measure again, reposition templates, measure again etc etc etc, repeat then 4+ hours later theyre installed.

firstdayofschool002.jpg

I feel your pain. Put a set on my CMC car and it took an entire afternoon. Now that they are in though I wouldnt give for them! Great product.

• 1 month later...

Finally getting around to fixing my car. Have a few other projects going on so I pretty much took everything out/off the car that is bolted on minus front right fender and rear bumper. New roof is almost ready to go on. Gonna take it to work to use the spot welder rather than mig it all on.

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

Removed 13lbs of wires according to my bathroom scale!

IMG_0373.jpg

• 4 weeks later...