Who needs some AMAZING TT Tires for Nationals?

1LapSRT

One set of C91 tires and One set of C51 tires are on their way to Nationals (via a nearby state)....

Only one set of each compound remaining!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1LapSRT

• kbrew8991

• phoenixR34

• Bueller

Like i said earlier, the C91s in 275/35/18 have been available for the public at least since 2008. And last i checked, they were still available during the former part of the 2009 season. Beyond that ive seen that size noted on the Hankook website, on Hankook tire vendor websites, and in Hankook pamphlets. Although, i dont know whats happened the last few months. Hope that was somewhat helpful.

A little off topic, but they're seem to be some people up to date on the C91 compound in this thread...

Are Hankook's other sizes available(or going to be available) in this particular compound? Im particularly interested in the smaller 16" sizes...

Is it true that the C71 is going away?

Last i spoke with Hankook, which was early 2009, they said theyre making big plans for 2010. Allegedly theyre trying to work things out, and theyre considering to only bring the C91s and C51s. But who knows whats really going to happen. Maybe theyll come back strong, or maybe they wont. We will have to wait and see.

This is probably not the right thread for it, but I think it would really be nice if TT rules didn't favor super-sticky tires like A6s and I guess some Hankook compounds (especially in the SUR classes). All other things equal, I think racers would rather be able to compete on a longer-lasting, less-expensive tire. I know I would.

you've got choices and lesser tires are availible at lower points. Thats about as good as its going to get with regards to letting everyone have their favorite cake and eat it too...

if you have some real world data that backs up tire points needing adjusted by all means submit it for Greg to review in the offseason - things might change in 2010

if you have some real world data that backs up tire points needing adjusted by all means submit it for Greg to review in the offseason - things might change in 2010

From what I understand its common knowledge that A6s are quicker than R6s? And the softer 'kooks are quicker than the harder ones? They are all the same points cost, and I'm sure Greg is aware of all this. I can't seem to find anything which quantifies how much quicker the A6s are, unfortunately.

I have a lot of tire data (a lot of which I've posted on C-C), but nothing on A6s and the like (mostly the best street tire and mild R-compounds like NT-01s and PSCs).

Of course I think it would be nice if the rules erred towards making the cheaper tires more competitive than vise-versa, but thats a philosophical decision for NASA.

it shouldn't It's about equal to an R6. I just found it's not very consistent over the course of a race. But for TT it's the same as an R6.

This is probably not the right thread for it, but I think it would really be nice if TT rules didn't favor super-sticky tires like A6s and I guess some Hankook compounds (especially in the SUR classes). All other things equal, I think racers would rather be able to compete on a longer-lasting, less-expensive tire. I know I would.

Not trying to hijack but the thing I like about TT/PT is that I can run whatever tire I want to pay for. What I will say is that you will have to run just about the same basic tire that your competitors are. If I could get the C91 in my size I would buy them....

--Doug

Not trying to hijack but the thing I like about TT/PT is that I can run whatever tire I want to pay for. What I will say is that you will have to run just about the same basic tire that your competitors are. If I could get the C91 in my size I would buy them....

--Doug

If I can get this size on a Neon, I am sure we can shoe horn them onto a Civic too....

'Other' Doug

Last set of C-51 are pending based on shipping quotes....

One set of C-91 is available for shipment before Nationals ! ! ! ! Get 'em while you can!

--Doug

If I can get this size on a Neon, I am sure we can shoe horn them onto a Civic too....

'Other' Doug

Yea but then I would be out of TTE and can't afford to prep the car for another class. I actually think your car is pretty awesome and I hate Neons....

--Doug

Last set of C-51 are pending based on shipping quotes....

One set of C-91 is available for shipment before Nationals ! ! ! ! Get 'em while you can!

C-51's bought and paid for.....

Only one set of (4) C-91's remain!

I do have a PAIR of C-51's left if anyone is interested....

--Doug

Agreed.

I'm not keen on buying these one-and-done tires without contingency - so its Hoosier for me

how soft are these Doug - longevity pretty good with 'em?

I'm not keen on buying these one-and-done tires without contingency - so its Hoosier for me

how soft are these Doug - longevity pretty good with 'em?

The Super Soft C-91 compound isn't known for it's longevity and thus is not a RACERS tire per-se.... But for the Time Trialer, this is an amazing piece of tire engineering! These tires have been run by top teams in Time Attack and individual drivers in NASA and have proven to have consistently lower lap times than ANY (DOT) tire on the market. And since they cost no more points than a "normal" R-Comp tire.... these give a driver looking for the win a definite advantage (as long as it is a competitive driver to start with....they don't perform miracles!) ...

Time is ALMOST up to get these delivered before Nationals!

Get them now before you regret going to SLC without them!

One set (4) of C-91 Compound are remaining..... $200ea OBO (plus shipping).

• 2 months later...

From what I understand its common knowledge that A6s are quicker than R6s? And the softer 'kooks are quicker than the harder ones? They are all the same points cost, and I'm sure Greg is aware of all this. I can't seem to find anything which quantifies how much quicker the A6s are, unfortunately.

I have a lot of tire data (a lot of which I've posted on C-C), but nothing on A6s and the like (mostly the best street tire and mild R-compounds like NT-01s and PSCs).

Of course I think it would be nice if the rules erred towards making the cheaper tires more competitive than vise-versa, but thats a philosophical decision for NASA.

Now I've run C50s & C70, R6s & A6s but no C90 data

C50 are close to a R6 & a C70 is close to a A6, C90 ?????

I have done back to back testing of a C50 & C70 and it's 1.6 seconds at Mid Ohio, many people have Data on Hoosiers and claim 2 seconds so I figure it's about the same. I'm guessing the C91 is rated the same as the A6(points) because nobody runs Hankook but from what has been said here the C91 is faster to the C71 and the C71 is very close to an A6 yet the C71 is the same points as the R6.

IMO it should be

C91 15 points

C71 & A6 13 points

C51 & R6 10 points

Either way Hankook doesn't make Adult size tires and they don't seem to have a interest in making them or selling them to Corvette owners.

IMO it should be

C91 15 points

C71 & A6 13 points

C51 & R6 10 points

While Im not at all opposed to that... where do the V710s fall in? They are generally considered faster than R6s but slower than A6s? 11 pts?

I also think that instead of moving the RA-1s to +7, all the +7 pt tires should have been moved to +5. Give people a real incentive to run something besides Hoosiers for TT...

I also think that instead of moving the RA-1s to +7, all the +7 pt tires should have been moved to +5. Give people a real incentive to run something besides Hoosiers for TT...

along the same lines you could say that having the lower-tier R-comps at +7 that you give incentive to use even cheaper, longer lasting, etc street tires

The last set of sticker C-91's (as was guessed...generally faster than the A6) just sold and will be delivered to Rd Atl this weekend....

I have one set of C-91 scrubs that were used ONLY 1 LAP and then pulled off the car. I think they have more rubber now than from the factory....LOL

$700 delivered to RA this weekend or $700 plus shipping to your door.