ianacole

Shall we adopt the proposed rule?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we adopt the proposed rule?

• Yes
    • No

7.0 Car Markings

7.1 GTS Logos

All cars shall display the GTS logo on both sides of the car. The logo must remain in its original form, or can be altered to a single color to match the vehicles color scheme. The logo can be incorporated with other markings (e.g. number plate) so long as the logo remains easily identifiable.

7.2 Car Numbers

All cars shall display their car number in accordance with the CCR.

7.3 Car Classification Identification

All cars will display their class number, either in conjunction with the GTS logo, or other markings indicating the Series. Class identification is required on both sides of the car at a minimum, can can be included fore and aft.

6.0 Car Markings

6.1 GTS Logos

All cars shall display the GTS logo on both sides of the car. The logo must remain in its original form, or can be altered to a single color to match the vehicles color scheme. The logo can be incorporated with other markings (e.g. number plate) so long as the logo remains easily identifiable.

6.2 Car Numbers

All cars shall display their car number in accordance with the CCR.

6.3 Car Classification Identification

All cars will display their class number, either in conjunction with the GTS logo, or other markings indicating the Series. Class identification is required on both sides of the car at a minimum, can can be included fore and aft.

Shouldn't that be rule 7.0 as there already is a 6.0. That's a rule change/definition I can go along with. Though I think class markings of some sort should be on all 4 sides, so you wouldn't have to be along side someone to know what class they are in. Just a thought.

Thanks.

Scott B.

• Members

As long as the stickers are readily available in each region, or if they are not, you cant be protested

I always thought we required this, but I guess not, lol!

Ian,

How about an example of the current logo? I'm assuming that it is the one that you made for me, but want to check and others may want to know. I run the "new" logo that you made, but others in the SE still run the old.

Here's the new logo:

2s0b8l4.jpg

Never been mandatory ... I think it should be, obviously

Ian,

It's always been mandatory to have one GTS decal with class on each side of the car as well as the NASA decal on both sides and front and rear. I believe the GTS rule is stated in rule 1.0 in the GTS rules though it's a bit vague about the class designation.

-Scott B.

+1 for class on all 4 sides. ...looks like a lot for all 4 sides. does that mean a new poll needs to be started?

Joe,

What's going on man. Long time. How's my 930 you bought. I saw you stripped her down. Are you still racing her?

More importantly, are you coming to the Glen 10-3? I race the Orange/White 914-6 and it seems we are in the same class. Hmmm... Could be interesting...

Demetri

+1 for class on all 4 sides. ...looks like a lot for all 4 sides. does that mean a new poll needs to be started?

Nah, we'll do 4 sides.

As long as we're talking about class markings, I would like to see us adopt colored class-indicator stripes on the windshield. This has been discussed before http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=24103 and is something we have in place in Great Lakes as a recommended but not mandatory thing.

The stripes need be no wider than a couple of inches (mine is duct tape beneath my windshield banner) but will give spectators, in addition to ourselves, an easier way to know who's racing whom.

I don't know if this is a part of this discussion or should be a new topic, but here it is.

As long as we're talking about class markings, I would like to see us adopt colored class-indicator stripes on the windshield. This has been discussed before http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=24103 and is something we have in place in Great Lakes as a recommended but not mandatory thing.

The stripes need be no wider than a couple of inches (mine is duct tape beneath my windshield banner) but will give spectators, in addition to ourselves, an easier way to know who's racing whom.

I don't know if this is a part of this discussion or should be a new topic, but here it is.

Windshield??? Who runs with a windshield???

+1 for all 4 sides.

I like them on the windows Very easy to see. I like the idea of the color. Maybe just the color of the number on the front and the rear.

Either that, or everyone has to paint thier car the same color per your class. Whichever.

Ed Baus