HPDE & Z1R Helmets - Snell Question

DaPhatty

Apologies in advance if I've posted this in the wrong forum.

Does anyone know if Z1R Helmets (URL Below) have a suitable Snell rating for HPDE-1 events? A group of my friends and I are looking to purchase helmets for our first HPDE event (Northern California HPDE event @ Infineon Raceway in November) but we want to make sure we don't waste our money. The Z1R website doesn't seem to list any snell rating info and neither do the product manuals. The Z1R product lines offer a decent value for most of us since this event will likely be our "once in a lifetime" moment on a track. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

- Rob

http://www.z1rhelmets.com

Looks like some of them have a Snell rating. The only way to tell if they will work is find out what Snell rating you need. These look like Motorcycle helmets, I've seen them also carry an SA rating so that doesn't make them bad.

One thing you might want to try is contact the track and see if they rent helmets. Sometimes you can rent them pretty cheap for one weekend. Also check with the sponsoring organization to see if they rent helmets.

Rob-

Most of those look like they only have DOT ratings which won't work for the event. Check Bell Motorsports in Oakland and Wine Country Motorsports in Sonoma for local places to check fitment. You can also get great deals from OG Racing and they have a full line of legal helmets.

Good luck and have fun!

-JWL