Best tires for E2 Road Atlanta enduro

bnewport

Any ideas on tires for this event in December? Will a set of hoosiers last the full distance on a 944 spec car, would R888 full thread, would shaved RA1s and so on? Any tips appreciated.

4/32 ra1s just barely lasted on the front of my h2, e1 car last year, they should do fine on a more balanced and lower hp car. My rear tires looked almost new after the race.

I had a set of Hoosiers that went through Sat/Sun at Nationals to start the 8 hour last year. They lasted about 5 hrs before we changed them, but there was still rubber left. I think we could have gone all 8 hrs on them before the circumferential grooves on the inside and the wear bars on the outside were totally gone.

Tires shops are saying 2 maybe 3 sets of hoosiers for 9 hours. Nitto NT01s look best tire in unshaved form followed by 5/32 or 6/32 RA1s. Trailing in a sorry last is the R888 unshaved.

Makes me wonder about the hoosiers though given the miata post. Miata is 130hp/2300lbs right running on 205s. 944 is 155hp/2600lbs running on 245s.

Makes me wonder about the hoosiers though given the miata post. Miata is 130hp/2300lbs right running on 205s. 944 is 155hp/2600lbs running on 245s.

Mine is 2380 lbs comp weight running on 225/45 15's. We could have gone the whole race for sure on at least 3 of them. The front left would be a question mark but if you rotated halfway through or flipped sides it would have been fine.

Patrick