Question about car number

TT3

Hey I'm registered for the October 10-11 HPDE at VIR and I've never been to a NASA track day before. I went to a PCA track day a couple of weeks ago, also at VIR, and had a blast so I had to sign up for more track days. I had no idea what to put for the car number on my registration form, how do I check what's available? I put 18 because in auto-x I've been FS18 for awhile in my 335i. Can I just run the auto-x number plates that say FS18? Sorry for the noob question, I tried to search the nasa site.

if 18 was the number you ended up with that outta work - make sure they're big enough and a contrasting color so it can be read from far away as you're doing 150ish or so

Hey I'm registered for the October 10-11 HPDE at VIR and I've never been to a NASA track day before. I went to a PCA track day a couple of weeks ago, also at VIR, and had a blast so I had to sign up for more track days. I had no idea what to put for the car number on my registration form, how do I check what's available? I put 18 because in auto-x I've been FS18 for awhile in my 335i. Can I just run the auto-x number plates that say FS18? Sorry for the noob question, I tried to search the nasa site.

Presumably you requested three different car numbers when you registered, with #18 as your first choice? In mid-atlantic region, the entry list gets posted first without car numbers ( http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tbKYlyeVOvc6Sem5wJytuYw&output=html ) then about a week beforehand our esteemed registrar Sean Thompson goes through and adds the confirmed car numbers and re-posts at that same link. Usually if you get an email from Sean saying "change your number to ___" then that's what you do, otherwise, you can assume you got your first choice number. Either way be sure to check the entry list the week beforehand.

As for your autox number plates - how tall are the numbers? You'd want at least 8" for HPDE. Worst case, make bigger numbers with masking tape or painters tape on the doors.

Edit: also, it's never a bad idea to tape down the forward sides of your plates, if they are magnetic or static cling type. I have seen those things go flying many times, especially at fast tracks like VIR.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the replies guys. I only put one number, I'm going to change it to 3 numbers right now. The auto-x numbers are 8" plus so they should work if I get 18.

If you change car number requests globally in your nasaproracing.com profile it may not - in fact I'm pretty sure it will not - update in the next-weekend-specific database that Sean works from, because that registration has already gone through. Best thing to do is email Sean with your three number requests... registration (at) nasaracing (dot) net

Chances are probably good that you will get 18 or something similar like 118. I think only the really common number requests - 1, 111, 111, 7, 77, etc - are the ones that several people request, but who knows.