TurboShortBus

Sebring Time Trial RESULTS for October 03, 2009

TurboShortBus

Here are the complete Time Trials results from our event at Sebring International Raceway on October 03, 2009.

TTU

1. Jeronimo Esteve (#15X 1998 Toyota Supra); 2:26.055

TTS

1. Daniel Isaia (#33X 2005 Porsche GT3); 2:27.709

2. David Lashway (#1 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06); 2:29.439

3. Stephen Catena (#506X 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06); 2:30.955

4. George Gallier (#127 2004 Porsche 996); 2:31.541

TTA

1. Derik Royal (#27 2005 Porsche 911); 2:25.711, new track record

TTB

1. Santiago Pericas (#25X 2006 Mitsubishi Evo); 2:32.889

2. Fernando Carbone (#7X 2005 BMW M3); 2:40.168 (DQ for weight)

TTC

1. Ian Stewart (#210 2003 Mini Cooper S); 2:29.970, new track record

2. Victor Leo (#00X 1999 Mazda Miata); 2:31.036, would have been a new track record if Ian didn't show up

3. Luis Jimenez (#117X 2003 Nissan 350Z); 2:36.887

4. Ernesto Bianchi (#14X 2006 Nissan 350Z); 2:41.022

5. Steve Nix (#711 2002 Chevrolet Camaro); 2:42.216

TTE

1. Joshua Feingold (#176X 1993 Mazda Miata); 2:42.974

Results will be available on MyLaps.com in the next day or so.

Congratulations to our drivers! We'll see you at Homestead on December 12-13 for the season finale.

Mark

obzezzed350

Damn...Mini > Z06 lol

Balroks

Ya, Derik was movin too. Who's got the photo's this time?

TurboShortBus

The track action photos will be posted here in a day or so:

Santiago will send me the TT awards photos soon, which will be posted here.

Mark

Mrsideways

Big thanks to Mark for running a good event and finally getting us scaled. They didn't even weigh me in the southeast at Road Atlanta.

A proper impound always makes the event feel more .... "official".

32EVOIX

Good job boys wish I was there the times are getting fast and proper for each class. Typically I figure there should be around 2 to 2.5 seconds difference between each class.

911s
Good job boys wish I was there the times are getting fast and proper for each class. Typically I figure there should be around 2 to 2.5 seconds difference between each class.

Jimmy, it just wasn't the same without you. The download meetings were way too quiet.posting.php?mode=quote&f=22&p=221485#

I'm not sure what the reason was, but several people made significant improvements in their times. It wasn't the cool weather.

I can't say I was thrilled about tooling around by myself in TTA, but the overall pace of the whole group made things quite entertaining.

While my wallet is thankful for the November break, I'm not sure how to fill the need for the TT adrenaline rush between now and Homestead.

TurboShortBus
Big thanks to Mark for running a good event and finally getting us scaled. They didn't even weigh me in the southeast at Road Atlanta.

A proper impound always makes the event feel more .... "official".

It was my pleasure! Without my car there, I didn't have anything to do, so in addition to you feeling more "official," I felt more "useful."

But, when my car is back on track, I doubt that I'll have time for the same amount of tech inspection.

Mark

Gators2001

damn I didnt know u werent going....

32EVOIX

Jimmy, it just wasn't the same without you. The download meetings were way too quiet.posting.php?mode=quote&f=22&p=221485#

I'm not sure what the reason was, but several people made significant improvements in their times. It wasn't the cool weather.

I can't say I was thrilled about tooling around by myself in TTA, but the overall pace of the whole group made things quite entertaining.

While my wallet is thankful for the November break, I'm not sure how to fill the need for the TT adrenaline rush between now and Homestead.

Great job Derik, I told you the time should be around high 24 to low 25's for TTA. Great piece of driving. I do wish I could have been there I imagine it was quite without my big mounth around.

32EVOIX

Did you have the baby yet? I assume you did not go either. Did you see my email from Mark at chin?

QuicksilverZ06
Damn...Mini > Z06 lol

That's because the Dumass in the Z06 was spinning and collecting tires!

Stephen

911s
Damn...Mini > Z06 lol

That's because the Dumass in the Z06 was spinning and collecting tires!

Stephen

Stephan, did you make it home okay?

No troubles, fixable by Homestead?

I must say you were in a good frame of mind after the graphics change on your car.

I'm glad you could take it in stride, we do this for fun after all is said and done.

Revolution Mini

Congrats Ian..............

wonder what at TTA built Mini will run?

QuicksilverZ06

No problems Derik. Replacement parts on the way. $450 + paint. See you at Homestead.

Stephen

TurboShortBus

That's pretty good news, Stephen! I don't know anything about Corvettes, so I was expecting much worse.

See you in December!

Mark

kbrew8991

paint is the expensive part though...

TurboShortBus
paint is the expensive part though...

Not when I do it!

It depends on how nice you want the finished product to look. Knowing that it's a track car, I wouldn't go nuts with a high-quality paint job, but knowing that it's a Z06, I wouldn't take it to Earl Scheib, either.

Mark

Mrsideways

It's amazing how good you can make bondo+duplicolor look so long as you take your sweet time, use a lot of very fine grit (1500-2000) wetsand paper and really take your sweet time with the clear coat. However the duplicolor paint does wipe right off with just about any chemical you'd use to get the glue from stickers off.

I unfortunatly don't have a before picture but this left rear corner was pushed in from the tail light all the way to the gas door. This is Bondo and duplicolor....

PA020072.JPG

BlkGt3

Also never under estimate the value of well placed decals.

Peter

Gators2001

Did you have the baby yet? I assume you did not go either. Did you see my email from Mark at chin?

Yup my little girl has arrived!

I was allowed to go racing too.

The spark plug took a crap during the race....

TurboShortBus

Note that I just updated Derik's TTA record time. His 2:24.980 time in the 4th session was disqualified due to overshooting turn 7 and going into the runoff area in front of the hotel in this session. He also overshot turn 7 in the 3rd session, but his quickest time of that session was not a record nor was it his quickest of the day, so DQing his 3rd session doesn't affect anything. Per the TT rules, both occurrences are considered off-track excursions and the times from those entire sessions do not count.

Derik improved the TTA record to 2:25.711, so congratulations are still in order. He held the previous record at 2:25.920.

Ernesto's session when he spun in turn 10 will not be DQed because his power steering failed; mechanical failures are granted exemption from time disqualification due to going 4-off or spinning.

Mark

32EVOIX
Note that I just updated Derik's TTA record time. His 2:24.980 time in the 4th session was disqualified due to overshooting turn 7 and going into the runoff area in front of the hotel in this session. He also overshot turn 7 in the 3rd session, but his quickest time of that session was not a record nor was it his quickest of the day, so DQing his 3rd session doesn't affect anything. Per the TT rules, both occurrences are considered off-track excursions and the times from those entire sessions do not count.

Derik improved the TTA record to 2:25.711, so congratulations are still in order. He held the previous record at 2:25.920.

Ernesto's session when he spun in turn 10 will not be DQed because his power steering failed; mechanical failures are granted exemption from time disqualification due to going 4-off or spinning.

Mark

You are a cold man!

32EVOIX

Manny,

Conrats dude, call me so we can make some plans.

911s

Mark

"I learned something today."

Congratulations BTW Manny.