Sebring Time Trial RESULTS for October 03, 2009

obzezzed350

Mark dropping the HAMMER!!!

TurboShortBus
You are a cold man!

Hey, rules is rules!

"There's a new sheriff in town..."

sheriff-bart_l.jpg

After weighing everybody except uber cheater Steve Nix, we now have a pretty good idea of where everybody's cars are. I let a couple of cars slide here and there for being a handful of pounds off if they had points to spare to cover the difference. However, one car was 147 lbs light, and his times were DQed for the day. I will say, though, that the track record cars ended up being heavy.

To those who may say that penalties were not administered to every last letter of the law (penalty points plus weight reassessment points), I won't argue with you. However, I feel that we are now much more informed than we were, and I will start swinging the "big stick" at people at the next event. This goes for people whose minimum competition weights are off as well as people who haven't submitted your TT paperwork to me yet (you know who you are, and I have asked several times and I will continue to ask before the next event; there will be zero tolerance starting at Homestead on December 12).

Mark

kbrew8991

crack that whip fun isn't it

Gators2001

Thanks Jimmy and Derik.

damn!!! Mark is laying the law down!

So I hear someone else is starting preparation for PTA? So I will have someone to race, and have to run harder the whole time! Looks like my putting around will come to an end... three peepz in PTA will be fun!

TurboShortBus
So I hear someone else is starting preparation for PTA? So I will have someone to race, and have to run harder the whole time! Looks like my putting around will come to an end... three peepz in PTA will be fun!

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, then I hope the rest of the PTA field can find a way to get around Sebring in 2:25 or less...

Mark

Revolution Mini

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, then I hope the rest of the PTA field can find a way to get around Sebring in 2:25 or less...

Mark

is the car YELLOW?

TurboShortBus
is the car YELLOW?

Actually, no...Ian is "only" moving up to TTB at the next event.

The one I'm thinking of is black.

Mark

Gators2001

damn 2:25 every lap? for 55 mins?

I have to find a short cut....

kbrew8991

A, B, A, B, Up, Down, Up, Down, Select, Start

obzezzed350

25s?!?!?!!?!

Manny and I are going to have to pull some SHAKE AND BAKE/SLINGSHOT ENGAGE to break into the 29s!!!

911s

25s?!?!?!!?!

Manny and I are going to have to pull some SHAKE AND BAKE/SLINGSHOT ENGAGE to break into the 29s!!!

I wouldn't be too concerned. It has been clearly established earlier in this thread that I can't stay on track for more than two laps at anything resembling that pace.

55 minutes is too long for anything I do except sleep. I have to fund the cage and associated safety items, so it may be a few months before I get it figured out. As long as there are three or more of us in whatever class, I'm happy.

TurboShortBus
55 minutes is too long for anything I do except sleep.

Is this the part where we start comparing you to Harry? lol

Mark

911s
55 minutes is too long for anything I do except sleep.

Is this the part where we start comparing you to Harry? lol

Mark

I have engaged Harry as my trainer.

TurboShortBus
I have engaged Harry as my trainer.

im-a-mac-robert-loggia.jpg

Mrsideways
The track action photos will be posted here in a day or so:

Santiago will send me the TT awards photos soon, which will be posted here.

Mark

Dude, this guy doesn't like the Mini. This is the 2nd event he didn't snap one photo of me.

Revolution Mini

Mark

Dude, this guy doesn't like the Mini. This is the 2nd event he didn't snap one photo of me.

LOL..............

Gators2001

Mark

u need to slow down so he can snap one of you....

Revolution Mini

Mark

u need to slow down so he can snap one of you....

very possible

TurboShortBus

Did you fill out his request sheet with your car number on it?

Mark

Mrsideways

*insert scooby doo noise*

4Goingfast

Okay, Derik and Mark, I know that I am a little on the out of control side, but I do try.

In fact, I have to decided to retire the Yellow Z06 from TT and turn it into a strett car again. I'll race it in December, just to protect my lead. If Jero could have come to as many events as I have run, he would be way ahead.

Reasons for giving up on the Z06 is cost per event, and I think it is getting to be more car than I can handle at my age.

So, I have gone over to the dark side and bought something that should be easier to drive. No Mark, it is not a Mustang, nor Derik it is not a PorshA, it is a 2008 Evo MR. I need all the help I can get, and the computer assisted controls on each wheel, yaw control and the TCSST clutch might help an old man get around the track.

So I hope that with the MR, Derik won't have anyone to entertain him when he is following me around the track.

I'm off to Texas tomorrow driving the MR. I have to pay for it with the consulting gig I have in Austin.

See you guys in Dec.

TurboShortBus

Whoooooo is this person on the internet who sounds like he might be Harry Butler? Could it be a Harry impersonator with a keyboard? hehe

See you in December!

Mark

911s
Okay, Derik and Mark, I know that I am a little on the out of control side, but I do try.

In fact, I have to decided to retire the Yellow Z06 from TT and turn it into a strett car again. I'll race it in December, just to protect my lead. If Jero could have come to as many events as I have run, he would be way ahead.

Reasons for giving up on the Z06 is cost per event, and I think it is getting to be more car than I can handle at my age.

So, I have gone over to the dark side and bought something that should be easier to drive. No Mark, it is not a Mustang, nor Derik it is not a PorshA, it is a 2008 Evo MR. I need all the help I can get, and the computer assisted controls on each wheel, yaw control and the TCSST clutch might help an old man get around the track.

So I hope that with the MR, Derik won't have anyone to entertain him when he is following me around the track.

I'm off to Texas tomorrow driving the MR. I have to pay for it with the consulting gig I have in Austin.

See you guys in Dec.

Harry, whatever gets you to the track is cool with me.

Evo Schmeevo. It's always good to have you there no matter what you drive.

I'll bring two reclining lounges for Homestead now that I know you will be there.

obzezzed350

Nice!

Gators2001

sweet more evos!