TurboShortBus

Sebring Time Trial RESULTS for October 03, 2009

32EVOIX
I've got to look at the classification rules to figure out what I need to do to qualify for TTA. I would be jumping in with you and Jim. I might sneak up on it and look at a slower classification. Right now, I don't even know where I would fall bone stock.

Scott, for someone who drives a Ford you talk a lot Trash. The Sept event was the first time that a Mustang has ever beat me on the track (road course, drag strip, Open Road Race) and I can't drive worth a crap and I'm older than most everyones father out their on the track. Von had to spend a whole heap of money to do it and I was running stock tires and stock pads. Hell, Jared ran better times in his old C5 vette than you and those 'Stangs' do.

Thing I worry about with the MR is where I can dump a lot of weight. Thing weighs way to much. Perhaps Jim will share some secrets with me.

I got to go back to work now so I can pay for all the mods I will need to do.

2007 Z06

2008 Evo MR

I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED

Harry,

I would be more that happy to help you any way I can PM me and we'll talk. For starters don't let the weight scare you the minimum competition weight is 3263 which is easy to reach, at the nationals I weighed in at 3270lbs with a ¼ tank and my fat ass 205 in the car, by just taking out the seats and replacing the battery with one of those miniscule things. By the way the MR weight is 3285.

The MR gives you a classification disadvantage though because you have to take more points at base for the upgraded shocks (you need to throw those things away anyway), the six speed transmission (which is actually worthless around the track) and the vortex generator on the roof. The cost is +7 points where I only take points for the vortex generator with the standard IX.

Lastly, you are going to love driving this car it is totally different than what you are used too but it is a heavily under-steering car which takes some different technique to drive. But the car is cable of doing 2:35's around Sebring in stock form with street tires.

Let me know how I can help.

32EVOIX
Jimmy, please please please put down the hash pipe and just walk away from it. That stuff is bad for you. "The Real Fast Drivers" - in TT? Really? I think you ingested some nutsak that had LSD on it, because you are all crazied up.

Just look at the times on mylaps, you will get all you answers there.

TurboShortBus

Jimmy...there is a separate classification for a 2008 Lancer Evo X MR AWD like Harry has. The base weight is pretty damn heavy, though.

One of our other Evo drivers received approval from Greg to "dumb his car down" from an MR to a regular Evo by replacing the MR-specific parts with regular Evo parts (except the 6-speed tranny, which he pays "extra gear in transmission" points for), so the car's base class is just a regular Evo now. It might or might not be worth considering.

Mark

Balroks

Talk with Manny too, as he drives an Evo X GSR in PTA. He and Japtrix can help you out with what they've learned on the new chassis i'm sure. Just don't let him drive

obzezzed350

+1 on Japtrix. Roger, the owner, knows everything about the evo.

4Goingfast

Jimmy, Mark, and all the others, thanks for your input. I'm not sure that I can figure out all this adding points for this and that. That is what I liked about the Z06. It was automatically in TTU, and I could have added a lot of HP and still be in TTU. Now I have to learn how to add and subtract again to figure out what to add, or take off to get the car in TTA what to do to keep it in TTB.

Scott, what is the matter, the racing guys aren't smart enough to have their own forum? You have so much spare time that you have to use our forum to feel like you belong? Perhaps driving those Ford powered cars has given you a complex that you have to pick on Jimmy and Derik who run as quick as you do. Any way, we enjoy having you contribute to our fun.

I don't mind being called old, and yes, I do remember when dirt was invented. Just hope you are still coming to the track when you are my age.

Are you going to go to the Lemon's in SC this year? That was fun stuff.

Jimmy. I'll send you a pm with some questions.

BigKeyserSoze

I will indeed make at least one trip to South Carolina for Lemons this year, but they are also running PBIR December 30 and 31, 2010, and I will make that for sure as well.

If I'm not dead, I do hope to be at the track at your age.

Racin44
Nick, make these fools a deal on renting a Pink Pig so we can do this. I'll leave my cars at home and rent one, too, if we get a few of these rented so we can go wheel to wheel. Get your damage deposits handy, since the TT tribe isn't going to be ready to have their apex grabbed at the last minute.

Are we talking about racing or HPDE? If racing, they'll need to get comp licenses first. Our cars are equal to each other, so it would be a true evaluation. And guys, racing wheel to wheel is significantly different than TT. Damage deposits would indeed apply!

BigKeyserSoze

Come on boys, lets do this. Get with Barbara and Steve to get real race licenses and lets rent the pink pigs!

32EVOIX
Come on boys, lets do this. Get with Barbara and Steve to get real race licenses and lets rent the pink pigs!

So let me see if I understand this correctly. You want us to rent slow cars for thousands of dollars to race against you when your best time EVER around Sebring is 4-5 seconds slower than ours with similarly classified cars. Your claim is that your car is miss-classed, but even if you are correct I can assure you it is not 4-5 seconds slower. So what is going to happen in reality is that we are going to qualify way ahead of you, you will never see us but with the pace difference between you and us there is a good possibility that we will lap you, and that is about as close as you are going to get.

I have a better idea, since you are so gun-ho to show your driving prowess why don’t you run one session it TT and than let us drive one session in your car that way it is all fair. That way the stop watches will tell the tale.

32EVOIX
Jimmy...there is a separate classification for a 2008 Lancer Evo X MR AWD like Harry has. The base weight is pretty damn heavy, though.

One of our other Evo drivers received approval from Greg to "dumb his car down" from an MR to a regular Evo by replacing the MR-specific parts with regular Evo parts (except the 6-speed tranny, which he pays "extra gear in transmission" points for), so the car's base class is just a regular Evo now. It might or might not be worth considering.

Mark

I thought he got an EVO IX not a X, Harry what car did you get exactly?

BigKeyserSoze

Jimmy, I wouldn't let you anywhere near the driver's seat of my car because you have no real skills. But, since you are so sure, I'll make you this deal. While don't we just place a wager, we race Nick's pink pigs in a real race, loser pays the winners rental. Sound good? You won't even be on the same straight when the race is over.

TurboShortBus
I thought he got an EVO IX not a X, Harry what car did you get exactly?

I read this earlier in this thread:

2007 Z06

2008 Evo MR

Per some searches, I found:

Evo IX = 2005-2007

Evo X = 2008-present

Mark

Balroks

2007 Z06

2008 Evo MR

Per some searches, I found:

Evo IX = 2005-2007

Evo X = 2008-present

Mark

Evo 8 = 2003-2005 (2005 split it between the RS and the MR)

Evo 9 = 2006 only (RS, MR, SE, and standard GSR)

Evo 10 = 2008+ (RS only in Japan, GSR with a MT, MR with the paddles late '08)

No evo's were released for 2007.

4Goingfast

I have a 2008 Evo X MR.

Mark, the Big Rear Wing which is standard on the OEM MR. I'm hoping that means that means I don't have to add the 4 points for a spoiler. However, I'm probably wrong as the rules read the base OEM model. The base Evo does not have a spoiler.

TurboShortBus

Harry:

The base listing for your car reads as:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X MR ('08)(AWD) TTB** 3500

Based on this portion of TT Rules section 6.1.1:

Unless otherwise specified in the base class listing, a vehicle’s base trim package/model (U.S. Domestic Market), without factory upgrades or options, will be used for purposes of base classing and modification points assessment.

I do not believe that you would take points for your rear wing, as long as that wing is standard equipment for your 2008 Evo X MR package and is not an option above and beyond the base classification listed for your vehicle as shown above.

As an example, if your car did not come with a wing from the factory for your particular model as listed in the base classification table, but you ordered the optional Sopwith Camel rear spoiler from the factory, then you would be hit with +4 points.

If you put on a smaller wing, bigger wing, modify the existing wing, or remove the wing altogether, then you will be assessed +4 points based on an exchange that I had with the national TT director a while back.

For what it's worth, I am not paying any points for the original tack-on functionless joke of a rear spoiler on my Mustang, as was supplied on all Mustang GTs. However, I think it's hideous and I would like to remove it, but I was told that removing it means I would be hit with +4. I suppose that also means that Mustangs with the "rear spoiler delete option" (it was available, and they are out there) would pay +4 points, although I never received a clear answer on this.

Mark

32EVOIX
Jimmy, I wouldn't let you anywhere near the driver's seat of my car because you have no real skills. But, since you are so sure, I'll make you this deal. While don't we just place a wager, we race Nick's pink pigs in a real race, loser pays the winners rental. Sound good? You won't even be on the same straight when the race is over.

I am not sure, I make no claims beyond what the official times are, you as a lawyer should appreciate the facts. I would take you up on the offer but I don't have the cash to lay out. But it seems to me that is what you were counting on, my way it costs no money. We could do it with my car in TT but my transmission cannot take someone that cannot rev-match. No worries though Derik is coming to play in PTA and on that day you will not have to call your mom, 'cause Derik will be taking you to school. It is no coincidence that when any accomplished TT'r steps up to WTW they kick butt. Excelent smack talking session though.

BigKeyserSoze

Jimmy, I knew when the going got tough you'd back down. Call me when you get off food stamps and we'll run that bet for sure big fella.

32EVOIX
Jimmy, I knew when the going got tough you'd back down. Call me when you get off food stamps and we'll run that bet for sure big fella.

I love you man!

Gators2001

Damn I missed alot!

and now Im late to work.

911s

I think the Pink Pig showdown would be a tremendous amount of fun and would make Nick really happy.

I realize it's a big nut up front, but I don't feel it is too bad if you are honest about what it takes to run an event.

Once I get off my girlfriend's WIC checks and work my way way back up to food stamps, I will be good to go.

Tentatively, any event after the January 2010 NASA deal should be good for me.

We could all rent racing radios so we could converse on track. That way anyone who gets passed early on can spend the rest of the race laying out the excuses as to why.

It would especially look forward to a live narrative of having my apex stolen, racing room violated and why class V over revs don't affect Nick's cars.

Keep it coming. As long as there are three of us running in any TT or race group, I'm happy.

TurboShortBus
Once I get off my girlfriend's WIC checks and work my way way back up to food stamps, I will be good to go.

I just spit government cheese all over my monitor.

Mark

Racin44

Our cars all have radios and hook ups installed. All you'd need is for your helmet to have the IMSA-style plug, or bring a NASCAR to IMSA adapter. All radios could be put on channel one, and you could talk smack to each other live, as events unfold...

Derik, thanks for doing some real math and figuring out that the cost isn't out of line. We would also be willing to make some adjustment for a package deal.

BigKeyserSoze

I really think we should do this. Nick puts a good show together.

32EVOIX

I agree it would be a blast, it is a great idea, I would love to do it, but just do not have the coin right now.