• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Greg G.

• MSP608

• drivinhardz06

R6's stay at +10 points.

A6's and C91 and C90 Z214 Hankooks move to +13 points.

Good to hear for those of us who don't like buying tires.

RA-1s move to +7 points (no more +5 category).
Hmm, sounds like *Specs and XSs are going to be more popular (which is fine with me, see above).

The only reason why I'm sad to see the +5 tires go away is that those of us blessed with two *'s and want to stay in our base class can only run the sticky stuff if we downsize by at least 20mm.

I haven't looked at the weights and all but I think the CR should probly be a * rather than a ** still with a 225 Hoosier and a free remap from that new hondata thing you should be hauling ass.

You and undersized tires!

Pre-Thanksgiving Giveaway (NOT OFFICIALLY APPROVED YET--but 99.9% chance):

1) Non-OEM shocks/struts/dampers with an external reservoir or more than two ranges of

adjustment—must still take points for springs below +10 (example: compression (bump)

and both high & low rebound adjustments).

2) Non-OEM shocks/struts/dampers with a “Piggyback” external reservoir or with shaft diameter 40mm or greater

—must still take additional points for the springs below +7

3) Non-OEM or modified/re-valved shocks/struts/dampers +3 (all others)(springs not included)

Get your list to Santa now!

I like the price limit removed. Is a Bilstein Sport Strut 40mm or slightly smaller? I think they measure 39.9 which explains the 40mm limit? I'll measure one tomorrow for grins.

EDIT: I measured an Evo X MR Bilstein and BMW E36 M3 Bilstein. Both were 39.90mm FWIW.

Pre-Thanksgiving Giveaway (NOT OFFICIALLY APPROVED YET--but 99.9% chance):

1) Non-OEM shocks/struts/dampers with an external reservoir or more than two ranges of

adjustment—must still take points for springs below +10 (example: compression (bump)

and both high & low rebound adjustments).

2) Non-OEM shocks/struts/dampers with a “Piggyback” external reservoir or with shaft diameter 40mm or greater

—must still take additional points for the springs below +7

3) Non-OEM or modified/re-valved shocks/struts/dampers +3 (all others)(springs not included)

Get your list to Santa now!

I like the price limit removed. Is a Bilstein Sport Strut 40mm or slightly smaller? I think they measure 39.9 which explains the 40mm limit? I'll measure one tomorrow for grins.

EDIT: I measured an Evo X MR Bilstein and BMW E36 M3 Bilstein. Both were 39.90mm FWIW.

Shaft diameter not the shock body. This rule looks like it was aimed @ the AST shocks with their large shaft.

Peter

• National Staff

No, we actually had the 40mm shaft language in a few of the drafts of the rules back in '06 and '07, but we elected to go with the dollar cap instead because there were a few "junk" shocks from overseas that had the larger shafts and cost way under the $3000 and $4200 caps. The dollar caps picked off all of the good shocks with the large shafts. Also, I think that the AST shocks in question earlier this year are smaller than 40mm anyway. I think it is their more expensive shocks that have the 40mm+ shafts.

Well, Between the AST's and the Alcohol removal the mini's not gonna be competitive unless I can figure out a way of using liquid nitrogen to cool the intake charge. That Tiny supercharger just creates to much heat.

• National Staff

What do the AST's have to do with it? If you had the 40mm+ shafts, then you should have been taking the +7 points already for going over the $3000 price cap. You can still run straight water injection if you want as well.

• National Staff

Hmmm, it looks like it depends on what car model you have whether or not the 5100's have the big shafts or not. Also, it looks like your model requires you to take the extra +1 for inverted shocks, while others do not.