RACE SHOES FOR WIDE FEET

ILikeEsses

I have been doing HPDE this year and need to get a pair of high top race shoes. However, I feel like sasquatch since I have an 11.5 wide foot. The challenge is no one seems to make wide shoes, and finding someone who can recommend brands that run wide are just as difficult.

Does anyone know which brands run toward wide feet?

Can you also recommend brands that give nice pedal feel?

Thanks.

Being a size 14 EE I feel your pain. I tried oakley and simpson, no good, I went with piloti and also found a pair of alpines that are great but I don't know how the new style fits. Also Stand 21 makes custom boots as well as standard sizes

I have been doing HPDE this year and need to get a pair of high top race shoes. However, I feel like sasquatch since I have an 11.5 wide foot. The challenge is no one seems to make wide shoes, and finding someone who can recommend brands that run wide are just as difficult.

Does anyone know which brands run toward wide feet?

Can you also recommend brands that give nice pedal feel?

Thanks.

I have wide size 12.5/13 feet and the race shoes that fit me the best are the Sparco ones that are american-sized not european-sized. Specifically these:

http://www.ogracing.com/catalog/1-Driver/25-Shoes/92-Sparco/97-Competition/item-1359-SPARCO-RACE-NOMEX-DRIVING-SHOES

I also fit great into any size 13 Piloti - they seem wider than the Sparcos linked above, but not by much.

As for someone who won't steer you wrong on subjects like this... call OG Racing and ask for Brian, 1-800-934-9112.

Hope it helps,

Jon

Try out the new Lico by Sparco. I was looking for race shoes and they are very wide (way to wide for me).

http://ogracing.com/catalog/1-Driver/25-Shoes/item-1779-LICO-HIGH-FIRE-DRIVING-SHOEonclick=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The person at OG Racing said the Lico stuff is supposed to be more of an American fit than European. Personally I would stay away from Piloti, because the soles are very thick compared to real racing shoes so you don't get as good pedal feel.

Justin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've always noticed that the "driving shoes" are exactly like the wrestling shoes I used when I was wrestling in middle school and high school.

I forget who makes them, but you can find them in any sporting goods store, so you can at least try them on before buying. Something I like to do with shoes that I can't do online.

the same but NOT fire proof

I've always noticed that the "driving shoes" are exactly like the wrestling shoes I used when I was wrestling in middle school and high school.

I forget who makes them, but you can find them in any sporting goods store, so you can at least try them on before buying. Something I like to do with shoes that I can't do online.

• 3 months later...