400 HP GTS3 car?

cstreit911

Just perusing my latest Grassroots MS mag. IN the classifieds is a 911 for sale, says it's a GTS3 winner. However it also says that it's got a 400HP engine in it. So the car weighs 4400#?

Just perusing my latest Grassroots MS mag. IN the classifieds is a 911 for sale, says it's a GTS3 winner. However it also says that it's got a 400HP engine in it. So the car weighs 4400#?

Car only weighs 3500, but the driver weighs 900 lbs.

What car is it? Details?

From the GRM ad:

930 Porsche Turbo: Guards red, 400hp

turbo, custom 3.2L intercooled engine has less

than 20 hours, 5 point cage, Brembo's, fuel cell,

chrome racing wheels, New Hoosier rears, much

more, over $100,000 invested, body and paint

in excellent condition, NASA GTS3 winner. Seller

motivated. Bargain at $34,000. Contact Terry

at ...

What the hell is a 5-point cage?!?

Chrome racing wheels?

• Members

I guess it IS a turbo so you could limit boost? Hard to imagine a 400hp car would come close to goinginto GTS3. Maybe there were no GTS3 entrants that event and he took the win

It's a car that is for sale here in CO. Here's the craigslist add. Can't figure out the GTS3 math myself, but then the car hasn't run locally since 2008 so maybe there have been some changes to the car since it was GTS3 legal. Pretty car though.

I too caught that 5-pt cage thing when I saw the ad in the magazine. That tipped me off right away that the guy doesn't have all his info. straight. Maybe a typo? Nonetheless, congrats on blowing $100K for something that appears to need some substantial adjustments for competitive use?

In my search for race cars recently, is it just me or is every car for sale (except those admitted turds and aborted projects) a class winner that can't be beat?

In all fairness, I can certainly appreciate someone's successes and pride in his car. Just find it funny that so many people's race car for sale ads come across as national champions. And don't get me started on the "race ready" street cars that DE champions have for sale. I've "won the DE" a few times (in a class of like........ four?) and drive good on a good day. So I know what it takes to win a DE- ain't much!

• Members

In my search for race cars recently, is it just me or is every car for sale (except those admitted turds and aborted projects) a class winner that can't be beat?

In all fairness, I can certainly appreciate someone's successes and pride in his car. Just find it funny that so many people's race car for sale ads come across as national champions. And don't get me started on the "race ready" street cars that DE champions have for sale. I've "won the DE" a few times (in a class of like........ four?) and drive good on a good day. So I know what it takes to win a DE- ain't much!

Depends. The following car is indeed well sorted and can be a champion car. Price isnt too bad either.

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1084/NASA_GTS_Challenge/post/1667395/1998-BMW-M3-BMW-CR-or-NASA.html

I figured my noob comments would raise an eyebrow or two. Those two racecars linked are indeed successful and appear quite nice. Those are the types i'm NOT referring to. The types i'm thinking of are along the same lines as cstreit first mentioned- alleged could be a successful car in the right hands, but never has actually happened yet.

Nice two cars linked by the way. But that 944S2 paint scheme hurts my eyes, and of course it's a NARP.

JUST KIDDING !!!!

(I have a 911 self-proclaimed DE champion "race" car ( it has harnesses and R comps, so it must be a racecar), so I can say that tongue-in-cheek....... I think )

Depends. The following car is indeed well sorted and can be a champion car. Price isnt too bad either.

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1084/NASA_GTS_Challenge/post/1667395/1998-BMW-M3-BMW-CR-or-NASA.html

Didn't know Davis's car was for sale. Definitely a fast and well sorted car. It has a slight aversion to Mid-Ohio, but that's a whole other story..

And Scott Goods Porsche has won just a couple of races/championships.... It cause he's so smooth.......

-Scott B.

And Scott Goods Porsche has won just a couple of races/championships.... It cause he's so smooth.......

-Scott B.

I hear his driving's not bad either!

400hp in GTS3 is kind of like former PCA stock class cars that go up for sale. Ran in a stock class their whole life then suddenly have a long list of mods in their For Sale listing

The ad clearly says it's a new motor. We have no idea what kind of power the car was running when it ran GTS3...perhaps it was on the old motor? For all we know it runs a different tune in GTS3 just like we do to run GTS4. No need to keep accusing the driver of cheating unless someone has some actual evidence of it.

The ad clearly says it's a new motor. We have no idea what kind of power the car was running when it ran GTS3...perhaps it was on the old motor? For all we know it runs a different tune in GTS3 just like we do to run GTS4. No need to keep accusing the driver of cheating unless someone has some actual evidence of it.

Yipe! I was just having some fun... I didn't actually see the new motor thing... ...but it obviously had to have one. Never intended to suggest that the owner was cheating! I'm sure he was just stating the provenance of the car with the prior engine hence the GTS3 reference....