2005 rules. Your constructive, clear, brief input requested.

Tim Comeau

Weight reduction is something that takes time and thought. Pull EVERYTHING that does not make the car go.

Jason I have to add 70lbs to my car to make weight. I try to be at 2610-2620 at the end of each race with virually no fuel. So lets say I come it at 2620 lbs and therefore have 50lbs of real ballast and 20 lbs of "just incase".

So I could then easily run at 2550lbs. Take out my weight - 155 lbs

and the car is 2400lbs.

So lets look at your car. 2680 lbs. Driver... I'd figure between 150- 200 (you should be in that range since you are not big). So Car is at 2480 to 2530 lbs with no driver. Hmm so you have at least 80 lbs more in the car than I do. How is that possible? I have full doors and working power windows with stock glass. I have my heater box and blower motor as well. So that means to me there is s----load of stuff still i there. Now you will not have a 20-30 lbs part still in the car, but alot of 2-3 items.

One place to pull weight is the rubber firewall sheilding. That is probably worth 10 lbs. Bring your car out this weekend I can help you look for more places to pull out the lbs.

PS... I can tell the difference between my car with ballast and without.

Last febuary I ran a best of 1:12.9 in qualfying with out my 70lbs ballast at the PCA Club race. Best practice lap the next weekend in similar weather condidtions at the NASA race was 1:13.3. So that is about 0.4 sec from 70 lbs.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spec-944#70

• PeanutinCA

• n wright

• greg f