Road Atlanta 9 Hour roll call

robbodleimages

Its inside 4 weeks to the 2nd annual 8 hour + Endurance race at Road Atlanta. Plus meaning 8 hours last season and 9 for this year.

Who all is coming from outside NASA SE? Who all is coming that is outside NASA entirely?

I already see an ALMS team and a Koni Challenge GS team are on the entry list. Who is coming?

Now is a good time also to ask any questions that you might have.

The Midwest 944 Spec gang is bringing one, maybe two cars to run.

Dave Royce

Eric Kuhns

Ray Freundt

Neal Agran

? Kent Owen

I saw on another post the 10 gal fuel restriction & limit of one tire change per pt stop will be waived by supplemental rules for this event?

Thats correct. Our small bore racers have been very vocal about wanting even pit stop rules for all classes. Its easier for a small force to police just one set of pit rules as well.

We will see how it works.

I am looking forward to seeing you guys at RA south(RA north...Road America)

Rob.

Making the tire and fuel rule the same for all classes is a great idea! And keeping the class fuel cells the correct size. Now you are talking competitve enduro in the EO and E1 classes!

RM

We are trying to get the new Camaro ready to come down and use the enduro as a shakedown. We are at the mercy of getting backordered parts in time and getting everything finished up........crossing fingers..

Brian

Farnbacher Team Cayman will be there!

BTW, GTS3 goes into what Enduro class?

Few Questions:

- Is there a number of minimum mandatory pitstop?

- Is there a maximum length in time for each driver's turn?

- Didn't see a qualifying session in the schedule. How does it work (Grid starting place)?

web.jpg?ver=12556674600002

Edited by Guest

Good to see the Cayman in the lineup. We will grid by season and points, then by class by class speed.

look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks! It always helps to read the rules above first to find de answers!

I only did two NASA races this year (same weekend at LimeRock), so little points... This means starting from the back?

Rob,

Let me know about the 2010 endurance schedule as we are not running the SU series and focusing on endurance only and would like to do some national traveling around.

thanks, richard

Fuel spill penalty - does the 5 mintues start with the infraction, or after the pit stop is done?

Any time for recon laps?

Edited by Guest

We don't have the track on Thursday and the race is Friday from dawn to dusk. So, your guys will have to learn as they go.

The spill penalty will generally come after a black flag.

last year they had a few pace laps due to ice on the track in one little spot

other than that, play ALOT of Forza and bring your mountain bikes for ride around. You won't want to walk those hills

Just to clarify, my question was in regards to a refuelling spill. I'm wondering if work could be done on the car while serving the 5 minute penalty in the pits? Hopefully won't need this!

as a rule violations get a black flag to come back to the pits and then sit in lack of a better term a penalty box til the penalty is served. its not in your pit box.

• 2 weeks later...
Any tips on managing tires given the temperatures? Looks like about 30 ish when the race starts with a 40s high. R comps don't work in those temps.

they will be fine, there was ice on the track at the start of the race last year and no one had any major issues.

Which side of the front straight pits will we be using for the enduro? I've heard rumors using either of them. Just wanting to make sure we get our park accordingly.

Thank you,

We will use the pro pits and paddock. That is the pit lane and paddock on the inside of the race track.

BTW....Its the Grand Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge now.

We will use the pro pits and paddock. That is the pit lane and paddock on the inside of the race track.

BTW....Its the Grand Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge now.

Cool.

Nice work---Press Release just came out today. Send me your email address and I'll send you some interesting Grand-Am competitor info on this subject.

Eric

[email protected]