• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philstireservice

• Lemming

• cosm3os

• jrgordonsenior

I hope that isn't true as I love running Hoosiers. But it they do, you should know that Yokohama is starting a new contingency program next year that will pay 3 tires for first place with a minimum of 5 cars in class. No that's not a missprint, 3 tires for first place each day. If Hoosier changes their format, I'll probably add some weight and run slicks next year....

If they want to reduce the amount of tires they are giving out but still keep a presence, 1 tire for 1st place with 3 entrants, and 2 for 1st and 1 for 2nd with 5 entrants would be fair enough I think.

I would imagine they give out a BUNCH more 2 tires for 1st on 3 entrants, than 2 tires for 1st on 5 entrants

If they want to reduce the amount of tires they are giving out but still keep a presence, 1 tire for 1st place with 3 entrants, and 2 for 1st and 1 for 2nd with 5 entrants would be fair enough I think.

Wouldn't that result in more tires being given out than last year? Rather than just paying 3 tires total for 5 entrants, now they'd also be paying a tire for races with only 3 entrants.

Wouldn't that result in more tires being given out than last year? Rather than just paying 3 tires total for 5 entrants, now they'd also be paying a tire for races with only 3 entrants.

Actually that would be less than they do right now. The current contingency is 1st. place with 3 entrants got 2 tires. If there were 5 entrants or more they gave 2 for 1st. and 1 for 2nd.

I hope Hoosier Tire continues with their current contingency, it's an awesome program for club level racers.

-Scott B.

I really hope they continue the program as-is. Nearly everyone will run a Hoosier here for a chance at qualifying for the contingency. If they reduce the incentive it may very well invite folks to purchase other brands. I imagine the net-loss will be greater for them.

I'm actually switching from another brand to Hoosier as a result of the contingency. Should that be reduced, the incentive isn't there and the net affect to them is negative sales.

The top 9 Modified cars on the BMW CCA grid at our recent "National" Oktoberfest race were running on Hoosiers. We brought the Hoosiers over into BMW CCA after winning them in NASA and they quickly caught on due to their speed/price. We won a few sets last season, but Hoosier easily got paid back times 2-4 on what we got for free based on that one race alone. It was a good program for them. Hope to see it continue.

For that matter, it's a money maker for NASA. I know multiple folks who enter multiple classes to increase their chances of winning tires. We ran TT and GTS this season with two drivers at the VIR race in an effort to maximize our tire take home. We will definitely do that again this season if the contingency continues.

I will say though it was very very generous......very generous.

Everyone has to benefit though......just sayin'

Edited by Guest

It wasn't a money maker for Hoosier.....or their dealers.

Just curious...exactly how do they determine that? Seems like it would take a hell of a survey of every NASA customer to figure out their reason for choosing Hoosiers over something else.

Reading through the lines, it sounds like the contingency may not be happening this year. Back to slow Yoko's for us? Phil, are the Hankook F200's any good?

It wasn't a money maker for Hoosier.....or their dealers.

Just curious...exactly how do they determine that? Seems like it would take a hell of a survey of every NASA customer to figure out their reason for choosing Hoosiers over something else.

Reading through the lines, it sounds like the contingency may not be happening this year. Back to slow Yoko's for us? Phil, are the Hankook F200's any good?

F200's are good.....if they are available. Hankook is planning some sort of contingency again too.

First off there will be a Hoosier contingency program next year...what it is ?? I have no idea.

Here is some interesting info - read down a bit

http://www.supertouringracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20

"not being a money maker" would be hard to measure in immediate hard/soft costs vs sales, since it's a PR/advertising campaign. hard to measure the effect through metrics, long term, of the advertising part of it.

and yes, it has been very generous.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am buying Hoosiers this year instead of Dunlops because of the contingency. If it weren't for the contingency, I wouldn't switch. So there's one more customer because of the contingency.

THe program is very generous. I hope that they change it in such a way that it's not just the first place guy getting all the tires as this will benefit very few people.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am buying Hoosiers this year instead of Dunlops because of the contingency. If it weren't for the contingency, I wouldn't switch. So there's one more customer because of the contingency.

THe program is very generous. I hope that they change it in such a way that it's not just the first place guy getting all the tires as this will benefit very few people.

I know of one fella (maybe 2) ordering up a set of stickers right now, knowing that the only way for a crack at another set of stickers, is to bring some stickers to the fight

dangling the carrot is always a good sales scheme

Add me to the list of people that switched just for the contingency. By next spring, I will have purchased 15 tires and won only 1.

Yah, theyare giving away a lot of tires, but for every guy winning 4 in a weekend, by definition there are 4 guys buying 14 tires to keep up.

Just for the record....

We PhilsTireService is not against or down on the contingency at all...in fact, being a racer, we think it's great !!! Hell, I personally spent hours and hours trying to get this for NASA !!!

We really just have a problem with how it is administered......which is not a racers issue

So ......keep on keepin on !!!

So is there anyone that might know someone that knows anybody that might actually be able to contact anyone that may actually know what the deal is for next year?

So is there anyone that might know someone that knows anybody that might actually be able to contact anyone that may actually know what the deal is for next year?

Hoosier will announce the plans in January or early February.

Add me to the list of people that switched just for the contingency. By next spring, I will have purchased 15 tires and won only 1.

Yah, theyare giving away a lot of tires, but for every guy winning 4 in a weekend, by definition there are 4 guys buying 14 tires to keep up.

Um....Kyle....I take it you were not a math major? 4x4=16

I left hankook because they dropped the contingency last year......

Damon in STL

Hoosier will announce the plans in January or early February.

hopefully retroactive back to people's first events in the warmer regions of the country...

I'm definitely not a math major, but I did do well on the logic games portion of the LSAT. Of those 4 challengers won 2 free tires for taking seconds during the weekend. Hence, 14.