Hoosier tire Contingency for 2010

rmj951

I'm definitely not a math major, but I did do well on the logic games portion of the LSAT. Of those 4 challengers won 2 free tires for taking seconds during the weekend. Hence, 14.

Aha....LOL....gotcha!

Damon in STL

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philstireservice

• Lemming

• cosm3os

• jrgordonsenior

Add me to the list of people that switched just for the contingency. By next spring, I will have purchased 15 tires and won only 1...

15 tires? 3 sets of 5?

You do know that you don't have to run with a spare tire right? Maybe that's why your car is so heavy.

You do know that you don't have to run with a spare tire right? Maybe that's why your car is so heavy.

Yeah, but you've got to admit...carrying a sticker Hoosier as your spare? That's pretty cool.

With 40 or so free tires, I think I have probably been one of the biggest beneficiaries of the Hoosier contingency plan over the last two years. I can't say how great both the contingency program is and how great the Hoosier folks have been to work with. I might not have raced last year if it weren't for this program.

Having said that, if this got cut way back and there was another company with a better contingency (and tires I figured were competitive), I hate to admit it but I'd probably run those. Please keep the contingency!

Add me to the list of people that switched just for the contingency. By next spring, I will have purchased 15 tires and won only 1...

15 tires? 3 sets of 5?

Now I'm concerned when the T&S guy can't add it up. I have four sets of tires. 1 I got on contingency, the other 15 I paid for.

PLEASE KEEP CONTINGENCY!

While I want to be brand and organization loyal, as financially draining as this hobby can be, I've got to go for the best contingencies whatever and wherever that may be. Otherwise, wouldn't be able justify or do this hobby in the first place.

Yeah, but you've got to admit...carrying a sticker Hoosier as your spare? That's pretty cool.

With 40 or so free tires, I think I have probably been one of the biggest beneficiaries of the Hoosier contingency plan over the last two years. I can't say how great both the contingency program is and how great the Hoosier folks have been to work with. I might not have raced last year if it weren't for this program.

Having said that, if this got cut way back and there was another company with a better contingency (and tires I figured were competitive), I hate to admit it but I'd probably run those. Please keep the contingency!

Having won about the same amount of tires give or take a few over the last couple of seasons I really appreciate what Hoosier has done for us racing at the club level. I ran Hoosiers for three + years before the contingency and will continue to run them either way, though I definitely want to see it continue.

Some of the other companies tires get scarce at times during the year if the containers don't make it from overseas. The fact that Hoosiers are made about 90 minutes up the road from where I live is another reason I run them. In almost six years of running them, they've never been unavailable when needed.

As Scott said it really made a big difference on the budget and the tech support from the Hoosier engineers was awesome, especially Jeff Speer. Please keep the contingency going , but either way I'll continue to support the Purple guys from Lakeville IN.

-Scott B.

BMW M3 #88 GTS-3

Great Lakes Region

15 tires? 3 sets of 5?

Now I'm concerned when the T&S guy can't add it up. I have four sets of tires. 1 I got on contingency, the other 15 I paid for.

It's like selective hearing; I ignored that part.

And as far as T&S goes, the computer does all the adding.

If anything is a threat to the program, it is from idiots like this guy:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/535008-fs-new-hoosier-tires.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Especially when one of their dealers read this......

and he signed his name to it....not too smart !!

Here's another example of Hoosier going above and beyond...

Jeff Speer had been contacted about the above Rennlist post and his reply was to have Scott Newton contact him and he would extend the contingency award to next year rather than have him sell or barter the tires. So would someone contact this gentleman and have him contact Jeff so he stays within the guidelines.....

Here's another example of Hoosier going above and beyond...

Jeff Speer had been contacted about the above Rennlist post and his reply was to have Scott Newton contact him and he would extend the contingency award to next year rather than have him sell or barter the tires. So would someone contact this gentleman and have him contact Jeff so he stays within the guidelines.....

I sent Scott the message.

For what it's worth, I know Scott and he's a good guy, he just wasn't aware of the rules. As soon as he saw the responses that he was in non-compliance of the rules he removed the post and apologized for his indiscretion.

he just wasn't aware of the rules. As soon as he saw the responses that he was in non-compliance of the rules he removed the post and apologized for his indiscretion.

Not saying he's not a good guy, but wouldn't a little common sense be enough to know that wasn't a very smart thing to do?

Dang, I sure hope Hoosier keeps their contingency. I too planned to run Hoosiers due to this. If there are other options with contingency I will be looking at all of them. I'd love to say that I plan to only buy 2 sets and get the rest for free but I'm a realist, I hope to get even a couple for free through the season. ; )

Cheers.

I hope that isn't true as I love running Hoosiers. But it they do, you should know that Yokohama is starting a new contingency program next year that will pay 3 tires for first place with a minimum of 5 cars in class. No that's not a missprint, 3 tires for first place each day. If Hoosier changes their format, I'll probably add some weight and run slicks next year....

I LOVE Hoosiers and hope I can continue to run them. But in light of what Yoko is doing I really hope they maintain the existing program. If first place becomes only 1 tire and Yoko gives 3, it would be hard not to switch. If I can win 1 or 2 as the current program offers, I'd be willing to stay on Hoosiers though.

I hope the tire companies also realize that its not just on race weekends where there is an impact. Whatever tire I race on will also be the tire I practice on during non-race track weekends, test & tunes, etc. I buy far more tires than I win.

I keep hearing about the Yoko contingency but cannot find anything on the web. Got a link?

There's this...http://www.tracksideperformance.com/contingent_NASA.htm

I keep hearing about the Yoko contingency but cannot find anything on the web. Got a link?

There's this...http://www.tracksideperformance.com/contingent_NASA.htm

Looks like it is only for slicks (A005), not Dot R, bummer.

Their DOT R's aren't really close to being competitive anyway. The slicks are a tick slower than some of the fastest, but the R-comps seem to be way off the pace (more like Toyo's, less like Hoosiers/Hankooks).

Their DOT R's aren't really close to being competitive anyway. The slicks are a tick slower than some of the fastest, but the R-comps seem to be way off the pace (more like Toyo's, less like Hoosiers/Hankooks).

Good to know, there DotR's are the about the same price as R6's

• 2 weeks later...

Hinted at by Scotty B, but I'll be more direct:

How about some "Buy Amercian" loyalty? I'm not some political nut by any means, but why not support ourselves?

To those that can choose tire brand, how about it?

FYI, I am a very happy Toyo owner and have a set on my Ford Escape. Why? two reasons: They support NASA and They support NASA.

I am prepared to be roasted for my views. So be it.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard via e-mail from Jeff Speer our Hoosier rep for NASA. He said:

"We will finalize our contingency programs for 2010 next month and hopefully can post something on our website. I do not have any specifics as to what will change since we have yet to meet internally to decide".

If you care about the contingency please take a minute to write to Jeff and let him know how important Hoosier's contingency is to you. The more drivers he hears from the better. Please be super polite and don't forget to add a big 'Thank You' for running the program for us this past year....

JRG

Edited by Guest

I heard via e-mail from Jeff Speer our Hoosier rep for NASA. He said:

"We will finalize our contingency programs for 2010 next month and hopefully can post something on our website. I do not have any specifics as to what will change since we have yet to meet internally to decide".

If you care about the comtengency please take a minute to write to Jeff and let him know how important Hoosier's contingency is to you. The more drivers he hears from the better. Please be super polite and don't forget to add a big 'Thank You' for running the program for us this past year....

JRG

Can you post his email address?