• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philstireservice

• Lemming

• cosm3os

• jrgordonsenior

ummm, where are Toyo's made?

I guess you're just saying that buying Toyo's supports NASA, which is good goal.

However, yokohama's contingency potentially increases participation in NASA, so that achieves a good end also.

bruce

Hinted at by Scotty B, but I'll be more direct:

How about some "Buy Amercian" loyalty? I'm not some political nut by any means, but why not support ourselves?

To those that can choose tire brand, how about it?

FYI, I am a very happy Toyo owner and have a set on my Ford Escape. Why? two reasons: They support NASA and They support NASA.

I am prepared to be roasted for my views. So be it.

Thank you for passing along his email address. I certainly encourage everyone here to write him with a Thank you. A ground-swell of thank yous is certainly warranted and if it also helps our cause, doubly worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a really nice thank you note from Jeff last week.

His response sounded encouraging and I expect that we'll be hearing good news soon.

It's not to late to write and thank them for their support!

• 2 weeks later...

Heard rumor today from industry source that it's going to be 7 in class for 2 tires, 1 tire for 3 in class. Hopefully that's incorrect but we'll see soon enough...

That's what I had heard...

Last year here in So Cal, the GTS3 class had 7 cars racing only 5 times out of 16 races. Out of those 5 races, 4 times the car that became the "7th" car only raced with us once all year. Weird statistic....

None of our other GTS classes came close to hitting 7 participants even once.

• Members
That's what I had heard...

Last year here in So Cal, the GTS3 class had 7 cars racing only 5 times out of 16 races. Out of those 5 races, 4 times the car that became the "7th" car only raced with us once all year. Weird statistic....

None of our other GTS classes came close to hitting 7 participants even once.

Here in MidAtlantic we get enough in GTS2 and GTS3 normally. Not so much for GTS4 or 5.

for what it's worth, I looked at the Great Lakes GTS events for last year and here are the particpication numbers by class by race:

GTS1: 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 3, 3, 9, 9, 0, 0

GTS2: 9, 9, 8, 10, 10, 0, 0, 2, 8, 8, 11, 9, 8, 8

GTS3: 3, 3, 3, 5, 3, 0, 3, 4, 6, 5, 7, 7, 7, 6

GTS4: 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 4, 3, 2

GTS5: 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 2, 0, 0, 1, 1, 4, 4

These are in season order. The three tracks here are Putnam (P), Mid-Ohio (M), and Grattan (G), in this order: M, M, M, P, P, G, G, G, M, M, M, M, P, P

Bold numbers are races that would be tire-eligible with the 2010 contingency. Bold red entries are at the higher 2010 contingency tier.

Clearly GTS2 and 3 are the places to be for tires in the Great Lakes region GTS. In fact, except for Grattan, all GTS2 races were contingency-eligible last year at the higher tier. For 2010, I think we're going to see larger GTS1 fields for most races which will make them pretty consistantly tire-eligible, too.

Wow, I have to say I'm really disappointed in our contingency compared to the SCCA's.

How so??.....very few of the NASA classed cars could race with SCCA National.

Gotta sell more tires than you give away !!!, or else it's not a win win !!

Wow, I have to say I'm really disappointed in our contingency compared to the SCCA's.

A national event is one thing, and that doesn't surprise me, but their regional events have a better contingency, whereas last year I believe they were the same. And I see your point about needing to sell more tires than they give away. Too bad AI, CMC, and 944Spec can't run them...

A national event is one thing, and that doesn't surprise me, but their regional events have a better contingency, whereas last year I believe they were the same. And I see your point about needing to sell more tires than they give away. Too bad AI, CMC, and 944Spec can't run them...

SCCA Regionals have no Hoosier contingency at all....

SCCA Regionals have no Hoosier contingency at all....

Hmm, I could have sworn I saw contingencies for regional events.

Ok, well, then I retract everything I said.

Yeay Hoosier!

Yokohama has a contingency out West for slicks with NASA. It takes 5 cars in class to qualify, but the winner gets 3 tires per day. Is that contingency valid in other parts of the country?

It's awfully tempting out West where we only had 4 GTS races with 7 cars in any class last year. I may switch to our ST2 class which usually gets 5 entries and I could run the Yokes. Based on last year times I would be competitive....