• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robbodleimages

• ST#97

• IGZOSTD

• nape

I think there is a race track somewhere in Indiana that is rather well known. That ring a bell with anyone?

not in the club racing world

might as well scratch Laguna off of that list while we're at it, I don't think you'll see any race cars on there at 90dB

I think there is a race track somewhere in Indiana that is rather well known. That ring a bell with anyone?

Putnam Park?

Nope. I was thinking of O'Reilly Raceway Park.

Well, we have "the fastest speedway in the world" at Texas World Speedway and Hallett. Until you run both, you have no idea what you are missing for a club racing weekend. Period.

TWS one hand.....Daytona or Sebring or Watkins Glen on the other hand.....

Hallett...thats like Lime Rock with rattle snakes...right?

Although, there is nothing like spending a weekend in College Station!!!

TWS one hand.....Daytona or Sebring or Watkins Glen on the other hand.....

Hallett...thats like Lime Rock with rattle snakes...right?

Although, there is nothing like spending a weekend in College Station!!!

Turtles actually. Don't hit one either because the green goo doesn't wash off!!!!

TURTLE STEW

1/4 lb. bacon (chopped)

2 turtles (cut into serving pieces)

1/2 c. flour (seasoned with 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper)

4 c. water

2 carrots (thick sliced)

4 lg. potatoes (peeled and cubed)

2 med. onions (coarse chopped)

1 (#2 1/2 can) tomatoes

2 tsp. thyme

1 tsp. marjoram

Salt and pepper to taste

Cook bacon in stew pot until done, remove bacon and set aside. Pour off grease except for 3 or 4 tablespoons.

Rinse turtle pieces in cold water. Drain, dredge in seasoned flour. Brown turtle pieces slowly in bacon grease over medium heat. Add 4 cups water (or to cover). Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until turtle is tender and can easily be removed from bone. Remove turtle. Allow to cool until meat can be handled.

Stir bacon, carrots, potatoes, onions, tomatoes and spices into stew pot. Cut tomatoes into chunks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are done. Remove meat from bones. Cut into chunks across grain. Stir into pot. Simmer additional 15 minutes. Taste stew, adjust seasonings as desired.

Enjoy!

so back on topic....no drive by wire systems? so how is an S197 going to run the STOCK 3V motor setup? there isn't a throttle body made that I know of to use a regular cable, and the car would require an aftermarket ECU to even run....furthering the problems.

I'd rather see "no aftermarket ECU's" and maybe a select list of MSD ignitions for the Carb'd cars. Every stock ECU on the market can do what we need it to do for the power levels in AI with a $500 chip/dyno tune....why all the bling bling unnecessary stuff that becomes nearly impossible to police....?

so back on topic....no drive by wire systems? so how is an S197 going to run the STOCK 3V motor setup? there isn't a throttle body made that I know of to use a regular cable, and the car would require an aftermarket ECU to even run....furthering the problems.

I'd rather see "no aftermarket ECU's" and maybe a select list of MSD ignitions for the Carb'd cars. Every stock ECU on the market can do what we need it to do for the power levels in AI with a $500 chip/dyno tune....why all the bling bling unnecessary stuff that becomes nearly impossible to police....?

Relax. Unmodified Stock OEM systems in the original cars will be okay. Wait for it, chill, make some yummy turtle soup.

The stock ecu is a horrible idea for two reasons. I don't have one and it will set me back about 2000 between buying, tuning and everything else that will go along with it. I am trying to make my first race this year and the stupid stock ecu rule will make that impossible.