• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robbodleimages

• ST#97

• IGZOSTD

• nape

At least its chevy based and in the right chassis win

We have really been kicking around the idea of a eagle[its dodge] based 4 cyl turbo mill in a 2100lb sn95 ourselves.JWL told Pat it was ok for AIX

At least its chevy based and in the right chassis win

We have really been kicking around the idea of a eagle[its dodge] based 4 cyl turbo mill in a 2100lb sn95 ourselves.JWL told Pat it was ok for AIX

checked out some of your fab work.. looks like what i used to do for the ARCA and Crasftmen truck team i worked for. all the ducting and front end work. cars look sweet man no doubt.. hopefully they dont become illegal!

im sure as soon as someone dose it though im sure there will be a turbo size limit and a bann against an anti lag system

Wow....I left town for a few days and the forum erupted.

1) MFW (Aggie97)....pls stop spurring things into a frenzy. Yes, I went over the RCR list at the Texas AI/CMC awards banquet but I think you're taking some liberty with the interpretations and leading comments. Not everything you've posted is 100% accurate.

2) Tone/Feit....Yup, the rules are now overdue and definately another lesson learned in setting dates/timelines. First time I'm wrong again.

3) King Matt...thanks for the encouragement and agreed, some pullback on the rules are a good thing but....

...we're not looking to drastically change the rules, just put a stake in the ground and stop any further rules creep.

There's no interest in creating new classes or splitting existing classes.

There's no interest in adding a TT/PT "points system" for modifications.

We want rules that are stable & simple.

We want new cars to compete, but I don't believe in the "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" routine. Different platforms have different characteristics and if CMC and Grand Am can equalize the differences over the years, so can AI.

"Talent wins races" should be the sub-title for this thread.

The final rules package should be out shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Right, wrong or indifferent...I want to post my reasonings & intentions for the changes and vetting those with the right people is likely what is taking so long.

(No wonder they call this the "Silly Season"!!!)

-=- Todd Covini

ok...on a somewhat lighter level. Since we already have to run AI decals on both sides of the car and NASA on all four sides of the car, why are we also required to run a windshield banner? Just curious

ok...on a somewhat lighter level. Since we already have to run AI decals on both sides of the car and NASA on all four sides of the car, why are we also required to run a windshield banner? Just curious

because thats what the rules say! i kind of like what dean did on rustys car when he was forced to add the american iron window banner. just put it on the roof above the window banner he already had! i thought it was kind of funny

What Frenzy Todd...? I don't make shit up, I'm NOT that creative. Maybe you should write down what you say so you can remember it better. Maybe you volunteered for a job that nobody wanted...? Can't say this situation wasn't created by the AI Board because of the lack of information flowing our way at all.

Get the fuckin' rules out already before we get the rope again. I think we are getting a little tired of this shit. I realize you guys have lives outside of this racing thing, but so do we and need the time to make changes.

I love ya' man but come on....get these guys off their asses already.

TJ, please take said picture of rearward facing dash with extra steering wheel! Is 4 wheel steering illegal yet? I LOVE that idea!!! LOL!!!!

OK boys daddy is getting tired of all the fooling around!

POST THE RULES ALREADY!!!!!!!

It cant be this hard.............I dont even know what to say. Performance touring here I come, ST something, I dont know.

What is the hold up?

That's funny. New PT rules aren't out yet either...

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=31137&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

Only difference is they haven't promised them until Feb 1st...

Richard P.

I can't get the picture of TJ's cut up dash bolted to the back seat floor pan out of my head

And lets not be silly, ST2? You think you are spending money now? What do you think an unlimited except pwr/wt class is going to do for your budget trying to keep up with the vettes, vipers etc..

Guys,

I think we all need to take a step back and relax. I realize the rules may have an affect to some of you. Like Todd said, we need to look at what is good for the class growth. We need stable rules. We need to keep the racing fair. We need to keep costs down. I would like to point out again, that in 08 the top ten AI cars had closer fast lap times than the top ten Spec Miatas. I did not research the 09 Nationals yet to compare, but the top few times were actually pretty close on a very large track with a lot of turns. Whether you agree or not, our rule set IS working, and does have some of the best racing in any class.

We are glad that you are all passionate about our sport. However, we need to stop with the bickering, whining, threats of jumping ship, demanding rules, etc. This group is not acting like the professionals that you are. Yes, the rules are late. We apologize. Lets not loose the main focus of our sport, to have fun, close racing. Please don't suck the fun out of racing. If we suck the fun out, it becomes a job, and who wants treat racing like a job? Surely not I.

Please hang in there. Relax and act like professionals.

Thanks

Chris Griswold

Midwest AI/X Director

Can we just go RACE? All of this talk and my worst year (results wise) ever, has me on edge. We all know we are AI guy and aren't going anywhere else. Forget the damn rules changes, it doesn’t matter what they are anyway. You know we will just make the changes and drag it to the track, it's what we do. That’s what makes us racers.

Todd and Chris you damn voices of reason, don't try and spoil all the fun these boys are having what else is there to do? The next race isn’t for months........oh wait.......s#*t, it will take that long to put it back together, gota go!

Robin

Future AI ass kicker (2010)

Robin....Next race is next week. You are just to lazy to haul your S*#t to Atlanta and use it. Last I checked we had 15 AI/AIX/CMC cars lined up. I think Ed is grilling again.

Edited by Guest

TJ: The AI trophys next year for the Midwest region are Putnam: dress pants, Blackhawk: button shirts, Gateway: dress shoes, Brainerd: dark socks, Mid Ohio: belts, all in your size?

Robin....Next race is next week. You are just to lazy to haul your S*#t to Atlanta and use it. Last I checked we had 15 AI/AIX/CMC cars lined up. I think Ed is grilling again.

I wish I lived further south. Jersey sucks in the winter.

first of all I have two more mustang ss cars in my shop being built now how can you even think that its any advantage other than weight. If you allow the alum.351w than what could possibly be the problem with a ls??? that would just F me after all the work to make everything work right and now you talk of pushing us out is just purist bull crap ass far as min.wt not one car that has come or coming from my shop is over 2750 and we can only get up to like 2920 with a big batt. and glass. What just gets me is you guys dont seem to get is the more rules you make the more the money does good as for 18inch wheels let them have them anybody who runs them by choice is a fool they weigh more and the tires have a higher spring rate so go ahead as for abs some drivers can't drive so what ever makes me no differance to me

If you guys don't want the class to grow just put in these stupid ass rules we are talking about that basicly force us out of the series because we can read a book and build a car a lil different than you thats my job!!! any one of you could do the same like T.J said just try.

The bs of giving a heavy car a bigger tire is some crazy bull.

I realize you can fabricate just about anything, but can you fabricate a complete sentence with proper punctuation? I kid, I kid. Just trying to lighten up the mood of the thread. And to everyone complaining about getting to work on your cars, its a race car. I'm sure theres stuff that can or needs to be done that you know won't infringe on possible new rules.

Grew up in DC/MD. North Carolina is as good as it gets.....ok Florida is nice too.

There is still room. Come on down

up untill about a month ago I was seriously considering Florida. But deep south in florida like West palm/Ft. Lauderdale area. Some things happend that made now not the right time, but maybe eventually.

TJ: The AI trophys next year for the Midwest region are Putnam: dress pants, Blackhawk: button shirts, Gateway: dress shoes, Brainerd: dark socks, Mid Ohio: belts, all in your size?

What would I do with that stuff? What I need is a new going-out hat. My camo one has too many oil stains on it. Think you could find a camo hat up there behind the cheese curtain or are they all fluorescent orange now?

Come on rules, the heat is in the tools.

Bodle, right when I go to thinking you are totally soft, I learn that you used to live in Sarasota and I start to like you more. I live in Bradenton now and work in downtown Sarasota. Who knew.

-Scott

I lived in Nokomis in Sarasota County. I was the program director and the morning show host on the country station 106.5 WCTQ in Sarasota. 97-2001.

I really miss some that stuff there. Mr Bones rules.

From the outside looking, this forum hurts your series more than it helps it. I am sure you already know that and/or most of you don't care but the image you project should be important to you if you want the class to grow. Most of the bickering could easily be kept to emails and remain invisible to AI hopefuls.

Steve