American Iron - State of the Union

tacovini

From the outside looking, this forum hurts your series more than it helps it. I am sure you already know that and/or most of you don't care but the image you project should be important to you if you want the class to grow. Most of the bickering could easily be kept to emails and remain invisible to AI hopefuls.

Steve

Some see bickering...... I see passion......................well, most of the time.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robbodleimages

• ST#97

• IGZOSTD

• nape

From the outside looking, this forum hurts your series more than it helps it. I am sure you already know that and/or most of you don't care but the image you project should be important to you if you want the class to grow. Most of the bickering could easily be kept to emails and remain invisible to AI hopefuls.

Steve

[/quote

Steve, The bickering you see going on between these guys will also be the same guys lying under each others car at 10:30 at night with flashlights helping one another get a car fixed for the next days race. Don't read into very much.

popping more popcorn

I race a Factory Five in the FFC/FFR class, so I guess my vote really doesn't count. ... I also think the pull off front ends are similarly asenine. ...Finally, I believe the powers that be should fully ignore all of my comments from the decision because I do not race an AI car. I also believe, respectfully, that you should virtually ignore anyone elses comments that do not regularly field a car, or that do not have a reasonable plan to regularly field a car (my heart really goes out to the poor sap that is assembling the turbo-4 car - give that guy some slack). ....

-Scott

Come on dude. It's "asinine" and "condemn." I thought every good attorney had a GED

Take your own advice and get back to the FF forum.

Steve

Some see bickering...... I see passion......................well, most of the time.

Hopefully this display of passion will help your car counts.

Every class in racing has this kind of thing going on. Anybody who would be turned off by internet BS doesn't have what it takes to be a racer and if it keeps them from showing up, it's no great loss. Get off your ass and come to the track and see what it's really like, then make a decision.

Steve, The bickering you see going on between these guys will also be the same guys lying under each others car at 10:30 at night with flashlights helping one another get a car fixed for the next days race. Don't read into very much.

popping more popcorn

Ditto pop2.gif

Every class in racing has this kind of thing going on. Anybody who would be turned off by internet BS doesn't have what it takes to be a racer and if it keeps them from showing up, it's no great loss. Get off your ass and come to the track and see what it's really like, then make a decision.

Matt,

First Impressions, you know.

I did show up and I ended up drinking beer with CMC guys.

Ha, Pat and Bruce chiming in. With the whips you two boys bring to the track, you'd both be better off racing 1978 Plymouth Volares. Truth be told, if I had caged and run a bone stock Volare in AI Florida this year I'd be the champ with all the DNS and DNF's you boys posted. All the rule changes in the world wouldn't help.

-Scott

While we patiently wait, why not add or update your profile on http://www.americanironracing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You are probably right....it still has a picture of my car without a wing and says I'm married...LOL!

Rules? My guess is the turkey killed the AI board and they slept through all the holiday rules meetings.

Dave, yep, it's passion for this sport. Sadly, it's starting to turn into disappointment....at least for me.

BTW, Mike, check your PM's on the TX board after lunch.

Thanks.

• Members
Ha, Pat and Bruce chiming in. With the whips you two boys bring to the track, you'd both be better off racing 1978 Plymouth Volares. Truth be told, if I had caged and run a bone stock Volare in AI Florida this year I'd be the champ with all the DNS and DNF's you boys posted. All the rule changes in the world wouldn't help.

-Scott

Oh Puleeze! not another "I am so fast i could beat you in a 78 Plymouth Volare with my eyes blindfolded" story...

- been hitting the Jack Daniels again Scott?

-Jimbob

Sebring, VIR and MMP drinking buddy

Pink Pantes chiming in, too. Come on, Jim. I could beat those two clownz with a Volare, fully equipped with a slant-6, at that.

The Jack? Nooo. Not tonight. Jim Beam my friend. But, they do all start to blend together when you have enough!

-Scott

• 5 weeks later...
Uh, both Road Atlanta, Road America (my average lap speed 102 MPH with the non-turbo car), Watkins Glen, are all better because there are not nearly as many liberal hippies like in California. Pelosi? Really? Is that the best you can do you bunch of left-coast-left-wing-gay-pride-tree-huggers? I can do this all day but my fingers would hurt from all the typing.

What are you guys going to do next out there? Outlaw Plasma TV's? Oh yeah, I guess you are.....

In 2009, the AI "Left-coast-left-wing-gay-pride-tree-huggers" Division produced the two fastest American Iron racers in the nation, also.

I agree B-Mac, everybody thinks all us cali people are like that. I use to like that a-hole a little, not now with that kind of attitude. Little he knows about us hillbillies.

Griz aren't you some kind of director or something?

Very LOW on my pole.