Firebird Man

Parking at Road Atlanta

Jim P.

WOW! I go look at a track one day and whammo! Next thing you know we'll have a thread about nothing!

No one ever follows the NASA-SE parking plan. Its rather like a tradition. I'm not really sure why Jim continues to publish one

It's an exercise in futility - I am thinking about getting a Segway for Miguel and having him be "Paddock Police"

mcmmotorsports
WOW! I go look at a track one day and whammo! Next thing you know we'll have a thread about nothing!

Serves you right for leaving us alone for a couple of hours.

McM

When the cats away......

Oh yeah, btw, we already have a thread about nuttin:

Falcon and Deere's Portal to the Universe

Firebird Man

Serves you right for leaving us alone for a couple of hours.

McM

Reminds me of school, the teacher steps out for one minute and the spit balls start flying.

Z06RACER

It's an exercise in futility - I am thinking about getting a Segway for Miguel and having him be "Paddock Police"

You guys be careful about all this bitching about where you park. We have parking police in the SCCA at Road Atlanta. You get parked by the type of trailer you have. Friends.....he don't care about your stinking friends. He parks the trailers one at a time. He has a distance wheel and you only get so many feet between trailers.......and he will have you jockey that trailer until you are right. Then he will get the next guy and go thru the whole thing again. The trailers are lined up from the gas pumps all the way back to the highway 2-3 wide. It can take 4-5 hrs to get yourself parked.

So quit bitching about the parking ...................................

Firebird Man

I just asked what I thought was a simple question, how best to park on the hill, parallel or perpendicular as I've seen both?

Still don't have an answer.

Lucid Moments

I just asked what I thought was a simple question, how best to park on the hill, parallel or perpendicular as I've seen both?

Still don't have an answer.

You were the one that started those spitball fights in school too weren't you?

mcmmotorsports

Gordon, this is a sore subject here in the SE, kinda like talking about how much the managment @ Roebling enjoys having Fred at their track.

Firebird Man

You were the one that started those spitball fights in school too weren't you?

No, not me.

Fred Crawford
Gordon, this is a sore subject here in the SE, kinda like talking about how much the managment @ Roebling enjoys having Fred at their track.

That HURT man.....

Ok this is what we do...

1 Nasa mandate Family and Friends cell phone plans... so even if you can't park beside your bud, you can talk to him for free

2 Nasa mandate red Speedos to all drivers.... so they will be to ashamned to jump outtta of their trailer and bitche about no power.

3 Nasa require a background check on all participants, let us all park together and fight it out for the spot

4 Put Falcon and Fred in their hot tub with the trophy girls at the gate, let us tell everybody where to go..................

Fc

Parking Police

gimpstang

Just so long as people don't park smack dab in the middle of the entrance to Grid again! I mean seriously ... did you not notice the cars all gridding next to you, and they had to drive around your paddock space to get to grid? Oh and the entire space was marked off on the map as grid as well.

Scott G.

I predict that the SpecE30 area at RA will be full of enduro participants. As a result we will be scattered about the 944Cup and Miata areas, and they will be scattered all the way down to GTS. Further, I predict that 1/2 of the CMC field will be in the pro pits as opposed to where they are supposed to be.

There IS merit in helping the classes park together because it creates social critical mass, and "social" is what NASA is all about. I mean other then sleeping with each other's wives, girlfriends and daughters.

http://nasa-se.com/i/events/2009SantasToyRunPaddock.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lemming

I plan on parking in the middle of the Miatas, not because I particularly like Miata drivers, but I do like like being close to the toilet

Fred Crawford
I predict that the SpecE30 area at RA will be full of enduro participants. As a result we will be scattered about the 944Cup and Miata areas, and they will be scattered all the way down to GTS. Further, I predict that 1/2 of the CMC field will be in the pro pits as opposed to where they are supposed to be.

There IS merit in helping the classes park together because it creates social critical mass, and "social" is what NASA is all about. I mean other then sleeping with each other's wives, girlfriends and daughters.

http://nasa-se.com/i/events/2009SantasToyRunPaddock.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do what other folks do.... early bird gets worm.... have someone from your group go early and ROPE off an area.......

Also some folks like me, for instance, have friends in multiple classes, we have a mixed crowd, I may not want to park with winners all the time. sometime I like to park with Falcon.....

Fc

Parking Police

Shawn T.
Do what other folks do.... early bird gets the worm....

I have to agree with Fred on this one. We plan to arrive early and enjoy the Friday festivities (and the access to power!).

Although it is not our preferred spot, we will park on the cliff and share in the brotherhood that is AI/AIX/CMC.

Shawn

AI #76

kbrew8991

http://nasa-se.com/i/events/2009SantasToyRunPaddock.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tried directing a response without calling you out, but now I am. If you want your clique to be all together - PICK AN LESS DESIRABLE LOCATION.

if you pick the spot close to the bathroom with shade thats close to grid and then hog it all for the SpecE30 people don't be surprised when other people try and sneak in

(/rant)

- KB, who likes the SpecE30 people... but you gotta be logical & far too...

Fred Crawford
Do what other folks do.... early bird gets the worm....

I have to agree with Fred on this one. We plan to arrive early and enjoy the Friday festivities (and the access to power!).

Although it is not our preferred spot, we will park on the cliff and share in the brotherhood that is AI/AIX/CMC.

Shawn

AI #76

Dear Shawn,

Thanks for aggreeing with me, you get one free beer at RA. The reason the moosetang boys park on the cliff is so after a night of partying they can fall down hill to their trailer..

Fc

Lucid Moments

I like my plan best (of course we all like our own plan best)

Show up when I show up, park where ever I can find a spot. If I know the folks next to me fine. If I don't then I get to know them.

That is about a social as I know how to be.

Scott G.

I tried directing a response without calling you out, but now I am. If you want your clique to be all together - PICK AN LESS DESIRABLE LOCATION.

if you pick the spot close to the bathroom with shade thats close to grid and then hog it all for the SpecE30 people don't be surprised when other people try and sneak in

(/rant)

- KB, who likes the SpecE30 people... but you gotta be logical & far too...

Ken, what's your malfunction? "Clique"? "PICK A LESS DESIRABLE LOCATION"?

There is a parking plan.

I don't make the plan.

Having a plan is often good.

If there is a decent plan we should at least "attempt" to adhere to it. If it's a bad plan we should s***can it.

Edited by Guest

kbrew8991

its really not that hard - if you don't want people in your space ask Jim to trade your group's spot with another

Fred Crawford

Can I request a fly by

Fc

Should of Locked it

kbrew8991

there's still time to re-lock it

Scott G.
its really not that hard - if you don't want people in your space ask Jim to trade your group's spot with another

Changing a plan that is roundly ignored is no solution. And it's just not that hard to remind folks. A good fraction of those reminded at the front gate, for example, would then park where they are supposed to. That ought to get us to a 2/3rds solution which is all that's worth doing. What we had at CMP was a 10% solution.

In any event, I've said my piece. I don't think that we're going to discover anything new here on the subject.

Fred Crawford

Come on folks....... after 8 pages and one guy sitting in Texas giving advice this is just to good...... don't let it die....

Fc

Paddock Police

kbrew8991

I'd be there if I could Fred, its Road Atlanta after all

Fred Crawford
I'd be there if I could Fred, its Road Atlanta after all

I still love ya.... Kenny

Fc

Falcons Friend