kbrew8991

I'm already making plans for RA next year to make up for missing this one

Fred Crawford

Come on this year.... you just may not be able to park

Fc

Mothers Little Helper

Falcon

I'm going down next Tuesday and claim a spot, and it's going to be right where Jim says for us to park.

I've got to agree with Ranger on what he is saying. For those of you who have paid attention over the years, you have noticed a bond amongst the Spec E30 crowd that none of the other race groups can match. There's a closeness there that can't be duplicated by GTS, SM, AI or anyone. I love being paddocked near them because you never know what zany shlt they are going to do next. They've created more laughs and good times after the racing's done than any professional stage show could hope to do. Last week I didn't get to CMP until Saturday morning, so I missed their bonfire and wrapping Al in a trap, but it would have been worth the price of admission. I'll never intentionally park in their corral since I don't want to interfere with what it's taken them years to forge.

I'll continue to slum it with Fred, Redneck Randy and the other more sedate crowd.

kbrew8991

Come on this year.... you just may not be able to park

Fc

Mothers Little Helper

I'll park at Lanier Speedway if I have to its ROAD ATLANTA!!!

Firebird Man

This thread may be 8 pages and counting, but probably only 1 page worth is actual posts on the subject, the rest is complaining and whining about the thread.

kbrew8991
This thread may be 8 pages and counting, but probably only 1 page worth is actual posts on the subject, the rest is complaining and whining about the thread.

welcome to the Southeast section

have you read the thread about nothing?

Scott G.
I'm going down next Tuesday and claim a spot, and it's going to be right where Jim says for us to park.

I've got to agree with Ranger on what he is saying. For those of you who have paid attention over the years, you have noticed a bond amongst the Spec E30 crowd that none of the other race groups can match. There's a closeness there that can't be duplicated by GTS, SM, AI or anyone. I love being paddocked near them because you never know what zany shlt they are going to do next. They've created more laughs and good times after the racing's done than any professional stage show could hope to do. Last week I didn't get to CMP until Saturday morning, so I missed their bonfire and wrapping Al in a trap, but it would have been worth the price of admission. I'll never intentionally park in their corral since I don't want to interfere with what it's taken them years to forge.

I'll continue to slum it with Fred, Redneck Randy and the other more sedate crowd.

Anyone else want to use Falcon's password? I'm done with it now.

Seriously tho, there is so little hate and sarcasm in that post that it's almost out of place in this forum. It's kind of, jarring.

Edited by Guest

jason

We should be able to keep this going until March.

kbrew8991

I don't fault you guys for wanting to hang out together, just saying that you probably want to get with Jim to find a spot besides right next to grid, bathrooms, etc so you don't need 345,812 armed gaurds to keep it SpecE30 only

Scott G.
I don't fault you guys for wanting to hang out together, just saying that you probably want to get with Jim to find a spot besides right next to grid, bathrooms, etc so you don't need 345,812 armed gaurds to keep it SpecE30 only

I hear ya, but that's what caused the goatscrew at CMP. Our parking area got moved to the other side of the paddock, but few read the plan, so only 4 of us got in before the area was packed cheek-to-jowel. When folks are used to parking in a certain area, there is inertia. That makes it hard to get that 2/3rd compliance.

mcmmotorsports

Here is an idea, Jim published a paddock map, adhere to it, if you don't, expect to be asked to move.

Scott G.
Here is an idea, Jim published a paddock map, adhere to it, if you don't, expect to be asked to move.

IMHO enforcement of the parking plan is too draconian. And I'm the one doing the bitching.

We can get the low hanging fruit with simple encouragement. Making someone mad is kinda the antithesis of what the weekend is supposed to be about. Of course I reserve the right to turn into a raving axe-murderer should a Miata punt me into a wall.

mcmmotorsports

I believe it can be more about expectation than enforcement. In addition, the series directors should get together to work out a parking plan that appeases everyone. Once the expectation is in place, there should be no one mad at the result. In fact, we should be applauded for our superb organizational skillz which, after all, is what everyone thinks when they hear NASA-SE.

Spiritgeezer

Hey Firebird Man. If I attach a couple of pistons to my engine with bailing wire to make up for my short comings, can I run AI/V and PARK up on the cliff with the big kids?

Drumrboy
We should be able to keep this going until March.

I thought this was about the March Road Atlanta event....we really need to stake out our spaces for that...to keep us out of the wind and rain....

jason

I thought this was about the March Road Atlanta event....we really need to stake out our spaces for that...to keep us out of the wind and rain....

I'm going to armour plate my trailer incase of another hail storm.

Lucid Moments

I'm going to armour plate my trailer incase of another hail storm.

You might want to work out a good way to anchor it down also. Won't do you any good to have a dent free trailer if it gets taken to Oz.

LMan

Man, you guys could make ANYthing complicated

Firebird Man
Hey Firebird Man. If I attach a couple of pistons to my engine with bailing wire to make up for my short comings, can I run AI/V and PARK up on the cliff with the big kids?

Absolutely.

And since you have many years driving experience over me your 6 vs my 8 might even things out.

jason
And since you have many years driving experience over me your 6 vs my 8 might even things out.

It'll take more than the weight of 2 pistons to slow him down enough for you to keep up.

mpowers

And since you have many years experience over me your 6 vs my 8 might even things out.

That's what she said

Jim P.

2009SantasToyRunPaddock800.jpg

Folks,

I know you think that the Paddock Maps are random but there are reasons for where folks are placed:

SpecE30: Robert & Laura have to make 3-4 trips a day over to the HPDE grid to handle HPDE 1 - so they are closest to the HPDE grid.

Time Trials: The majority of TTer's are also instructors - again closest to the grid

AI/CMC/AIX: They had a huge turnout for AIECCS and will have the same scenario next year

GTS: I try to put Drew & crew where I think the paddock is the most level

ST/SU & GTS: I want to keep Jody & Fc as far away from the spectators as possible*

*okay, that last criteria was a joke

Miguel has volunteered numerous times to be the Paddock Police - I'd be happy to give him the bullhorn and golfcart and set him loose...

Jim P.

I would paint it Pink - 6 cyl Pink cars have no problem keeping up with old firechickens*

*this post was 100% pure grade humor

gimpstang

I would paint it Pink - 6 cyl Pink cars have no problem keeping up with old firechickens*

Really? 'cause four cylinder jettas have no problem with them

Jim P.
Really? 'cause four cylinder jettas have no problem with them

[mumbling quietly to myself]do NOT post video of "the turbo jetta" sitting on the side of the track at road atlanta for two races....do NOT post video of "the turbo jetta" sitting on the side of the track at road atlanta for two races....[/mumbling]