Parking at Road Atlanta

Firebird Man

Fred Crawford

Jimbo,

looking at the map..... why does GTS have to park so far from the bathrooms... doesn't seem fair. Can I suggest a move... Put us where the Nasa Trailer normally sits.. thats a great spot for us.

Fc

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fred Crawford

• mcmmotorsports

• kbrew8991

• Firebird Man

Really? 'cause four cylinder jettas have no problem with them

[mumbling quietly to myself]do NOT post video of "the turbo jetta" sitting on the side of the track at road atlanta for two races....do NOT post video of "the turbo jetta" sitting on the side of the track at road atlanta for two races....[/mumbling]

Oh yeah that Blue one? What the heck was up with that car? Im glad I didn't buy it, I bought a green one

• Members
Hey, at least you guys have a spot on the paddock map. sulk.gif

McM

Never getting any paddock love for 944-SPEC

whatchutalkinaboutwillis?

2009SantasToyRunPaddock800.jpg

I was going to put you on the hill with the Sparkle Pony Cup but I hear you have issues with him

lol

don't encourage him

btw - Jim - I request Sparkle Pony Cup to be parked over aross the street at Lanier Speedway. I want to make sure my posse can all park together with no one else in the way

Jimbo,

looking at the map..... why does GTS have to park so far from the bathrooms... doesn't seem fair. Can I suggest a move... Put us where the Nasa Trailer normally sits.. thats a great spot for us.

you want to hang out at the Pantas house while we are all racing?

• Members
Jimbo,

Fc

Sure, but you'll be blocked in by the NASA trailer - we are moving it out into the paddock a little to ease congestion in that area...

Firebird Man
Jimbo,

looking at the map..... why does GTS have to park so far from the bathrooms... doesn't seem fair.

Fc

Get Ron at Discovery to carry these for you old timers. old.gif

depends.jpg

[i was going to put you on the hill with the [color=#FF00FF]Sparkle Pony Cup[/color] but I hear you have issues with him

They'd crash their trailers.

mcmmotorsports
[i was going to put you on the hill with the [color=#FF00FF]Sparkle Pony Cup[/color] but I hear you have issues with him

They'd crash their trailers.

Hey, trailers I have no problems with.

Jim, the only way to solve this problem is to recommend the HPDE folks pit on the outside, and recommend the racing folks pit on the inside (Pro paddock) an after that just let people park where they want.

It certainly can't be any worse than all the whining that has gone on in this 12 page thread and the countless other pages in the 5 other parking threads.

Unless you are prepared to mark out individual parking spots and manually park everyone, there will always be someone unhappy with something.

But hey, what do I know really, I just the guy that arrives to the track very early (prior planning) to get ensure that I can park in a location that fits my needs best (bathrooms for those with terrible knees/hips, flat pavement for pit work) ect.

Fred Crawford
Jim, the only way to solve this problem is to recommend the HPDE folks pit on the outside, and recommend the racing folks pit on the inside (Pro paddock) an after that just let people park where they want.

It certainly can't be any worse than all the whining that has gone on in this 12 page thread and the countless other pages in the 5 other parking threads.

Unless you are prepared to mark out individual parking spots and manually park everyone, there will always be someone unhappy with something.

But hey, what do I know really, I just the guy that arrives to the track very early (prior planning) to get ensure that I can park in a location that fits my needs best (bathrooms for those with terrible knees/hips, flat pavement for pit work) ect.

Thats the very reason why you are always punished..... you plan....... others don't and they are upset, you planned... they did not.... your in the spot.... that they didn't plan for.... sounds like our current government...

To keep it interesting, what about every time you come off track, you get to select any space that's available....like musical chairs? You see your neighbor with a really nice awning or tent set up and if his/her car isn't there when you come off the track....that spot is yours, and so on.

Fred Crawford
To keep it interesting, what about every time you come off track, you get to select any space that's available....like musical chairs? You see your neighbor with a really nice awning or tent set up and if his/her car isn't there when you come off the track....that spot is yours, and so on.

Only if they assume all debt with that spot...... and the old lady too

Fc

Did we ever get the parking situation fixed........ please someone......

Fc

no it didn't get solved at all. I'm having to park all the way in Texas for this event

Jason, Jeff, Khoi, etc:

Hey guys, I was going to watch the end of the Enduro Friday. Probably get there between 3 and 4.

Should I bring something to save yall some spaces?

Lucid Moments
Did we ever get the parking situation fixed........ please someone......

Fc

no it didn't get solved at all. I'm having to park all the way in Texas for this event

We did too get it solved. That is why you are parking in Texas for this event.

• Members

Parking Update: The concert will be in the pavillion - so if we could leave the area right in front of the pavillion open for concert spectators that would be a good thing. We will attempt to rope that area off but with all we have to do on Friday it might get overlooked. Besides, you wouldn't want concert spectators sitting on your car to see the show

Fred Crawford
Parking Update: The concert will be in the pavillion - so if we could leave the area right in front of the pavillion open for concert spectators that would be a good thing. We will attempt to rope that area off but with all we have to do on Friday it might get overlooked. Besides, you wouldn't want concert spectators sitting on your car to see the show

Sorry Jim I have that spot already desinated for GTS party... Please pick another area.

Fc