• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fred Crawford

• mcmmotorsports

• kbrew8991

• Firebird Man

I was just curious how the parking was at Road Atlanta this past event.......

Wide open spaces on our side of the fence. How was it over there in the ghetto?

Fred Crawford
I was just curious how the parking was at Road Atlanta this past event.......

Wide open spaces on our side of the fence. How was it over there in the ghetto?

Missing power many places..... water was good.... not much grass for the doggie business..... we had a roped off area....... because of thinking ahead

Fc

Firebird Man

Missing power many places.....

Fc

What's the deal with that anyway? Nothing but empty and open (and hot) panels. Probably 200 amp. You have to make a widow maker and bring your own breaker.

IMO that's about as ludicrous and dangerous as you can have anywhere. While some of us may know how to work in a hot panel, that's just asking for trouble, most of us are car guys, not electricians.

Up in the AI area not only where they open and hot, but you had to stand in water to work on it.

All jokes aside, someone will get killed doing this. It's not a question of if, but when.

Does the ownership at RA think an injured person is cheaper than fixing the panels and providing safe power?

mcmmotorsports
Well its the quality of the person who gets injured. A GTS driver being injured is much more serious than one of those pesky 944-SPEC drivers.

surrender.gif

• 2 months later...
Fred Crawford

Ok..... its time again. I say let the people with all the problems in the past , have their spot. All spec E30 guys park at the lower section away from the crowded paddock area. Lots of room down there. Jim who is directing parking spots on the way in.... I don't want to break the rules....

Fc

Obama Parking Rules

Everybody Equal

Early Bird Gives away worm

Fred Crawford
I call dibs on the best spot, even though I'll be in Texas...

Sorry u cant do that,,,,, we have to wait on others. Planning and forsight are prohibited.

Fc

Color Coded Cones & Name Tages

Fred Crawford
I plan to arrive early and hog at least 3 spots

DON'T do it....................

The paddock police will get you......

Fc

Shame on Planning Ahead

• Members

Ill be coming down for this... I am guessing we are to follow the map posted? or am I missing something here?

Lucid Moments
Ill be coming down for this... I am guessing we are to follow the map posted? or am I missing something here?

Pretty much nobody follows the map posted. For the most part nobody cares, but some people have had recurring complaints about parking. Now that we are using both sides of the paddock I really don't see it as a problem but you know how some people are. Not happy unless they are complaining.

Or like Fred not happy unless they are stirring stuff up.

Eric,

Not sure if you know this or not but if you run out of region, you are not eligible to win tires from Hoosier. However, your car does count in the GTS3 ranks to help those of us in region win tires. Just wanted to let you know ahead of time

Fred Crawford

Eric,

Good to hear from you again, thanks for coming down. Since you are out of your region, you need to park next to the SpecE30 guys. See map.

Thanks Fc

Fred Crawford

Pretty much nobody follows the map posted. For the most part nobody cares, but some people have had recurring complaints about parking. Now that we are using both sides of the paddock I really don't see it as a problem but you know how some people are. Not happy unless they are complaining.

Lucidio,

I am always happy. However........ I do find it amusing all the bi*ching about Parking at this track.......its just to good to pass up.

Fc

Paddock Police

Lucid Moments

Lucidio,

I am always happy. However........ I do find it amusing all the bi*ching about Parking at this track.......its just to good to pass up.

Fc

Paddock Police

I understand completely. And agree. It is pretty darn funny.

Bearcatracing

Isn't it odd that this (newer and now merged) thread was started by someone to start bichen about the bichin, and that he's bichen about the bichen before any bichen began?

But if no one bich's about the parking and no one biches about the bichen then what would he have to be bichen about?

BTW, do the empty power panels at AI take GE 30 amp single pole breakers? Make your own widowmaker plug?

Edited by Guest
Fred Crawford

OK .... back to parking .... going forward....

Jim Pantas

Who is going to rope off each race series spots in the paddock.

How is each racer to get his or hers color coded entrance badge.

How is Nasa going to access penities for folks who refuse to co operate

Do bigger trailers get a choice inside the desinated areas.

Who is chairing the Greviance Committee.

If our desinated area turns out to small hoe do you provide additional space, will it come out of SpecE30

Thank you in advance

Fc

Lucid Moments
Can we get to page 3 before we get a whiny post about people blocking off space to park with their class?

Hey now I parked with the Spec E30 guys this weekend and nobody said a thing to me about it.

actually they parked with me, I was there first

Fred Crawford
Can we get to page 3 before we get a whiny post about people blocking off space to park with their class?

Hey now I parked with the Spec E30 guys this weekend and nobody said a thing to me about it.

actually they parked with me, I was there first

They felt sorry for you....

Fc