Firebird Man

Parking at Road Atlanta

Fred Crawford

OK girls and boys...... please park nice.........

Fc

Fred Crawford

I am looking for some parking feedback.......

Fc

Lucid Moments

Since you weren't there everything went fine.

Firebird Man
Since you weren't there everything went fine.

Well, mostly fine.

Back to the very first question of this 21 page thread.

We really do need to work out the AI pit, since we cannot drive through our spots most park long ways on the power side which takes up all the power side with only a few rigs, spectator street cars and tow vehicles lined the fence side leaving little room for rig parking there either.

If all AI and FFR's had tried to go there it would have been a huge mess.

Jim, we do need some parking help in that pit since it's sorta land locked. They didn't even unlock the back gate until Sunday.

Fred Crawford

Sorry to hear that Firebird........ yep parking is tough at Ra. Did you get a color coded badge.

Did anyone else have trouble. Did everybody get to park along side their friend. Did all the drop cords get plugged and played...... How far was the porta jon......

Fc

j Deere

Firebird Man

Fred, I made up a Widow maker with a breaker and plug up in AI, when I went to unplug Sunday afternoon someone along the way had plugged a power strip into my plug and started adding cords, looked like a freakin sub station. Slightly overloaded I'm sure, glad I used a 30 amp breaker.

Lemming
Sorry to hear that Firebird........ yep parking is tough at Ra. Did you get a color coded badge.

Did anyone else have trouble. Did everybody get to park along side their friend. Did all the drop cords get plugged and played...... How far was the porta jon......

Fc

j Deere

Fred, I got there early and took up at least 3 spots, I did leave a bit of room for Landon to park next to me. Not because I like Landon, but because I had hoped to get up to date weather information from Melinda

Below the two spots that Landon was occupying was the Falcon. You would have been proud of him, instead of pulling into the spot correctly, he was 90 degrees out of sync. This took up at least 7 spots that were strategically located next to two very clean porta potties.

All in all, we were very inefficient as usual.

Firebirdman - a bit off topic to parking, but something you may want to remember. When a certain red 4-cyl Porsche catches you coming out of T7, the proper thing to do is to tow it down the back straight. When the little red car jumps behind you on the straight, please do not slow down, it wants you to go, go, go Video will be posted soon.

Jim P.
Below the two spots that Landon was occupying was the Falcon. You would have been proud of him, instead of pulling into the spot correctly, he was 90 degrees out of sync.

That's because he needed room for the Locksmith to pull in and unlock his truck... old man that he is, he forgot to get his keys before locking his truck up. I offered a brick and suggested that a $100 window is cheaper than a $200 locksmith call but somehow he managed to get his personal locksmith to open it up...

Lucid Moments

Just for the record if somebody locks their keys somewhere while at Road Atlanta call me. I rent my basement out to a guy that is a locksmith. If Jody paid $200 I guarantee my guy would have done it for half that.

Fred Crawford

How in the heck old man DO you lock your keys in the truck........ do your children check on you at home..... do you wear one of those med alerts....... Help....... I've lock my keys in...... I can't get up....... have you put your dog tags back on, so you remember your name..

Fc

Deere

Firebird Man

I was in my trailer and noticed the door latch screws were loose so I tightened them, got ready and went out for the race. When I came back the door wouldn't open. I had to open the rear door, (which was 6" from the fence) squeeze in and unscrew the door latch.

I was looking up towards Normans pit and that locksmith truck myself there for awhile.

LMan
Below the two spots that Landon was occupying was the Falcon. You would have been proud of him, instead of pulling into the spot correctly, he was 90 degrees out of sync.

That's because he needed room for the Locksmith to pull in and unlock his truck... old man that he is, he forgot to get his keys before locking his truck up. I offered a brick and suggested that a $100 window is cheaper than a $200 locksmith call but somehow he managed to get his personal locksmith to open it up...

Does this mean I can finally turn over my 'NASA-SE Locksmith' brick I got at Nationals to someone else?

Falcon

Oh, it was a fvking mess Saturday evening!

Here stood 4 of us looking at the keys setting right there on the console, as if to say "come and get me, azzholes," while all the doors were locked. All of us were looking at each other as if we could shift the blame to the next guy.

I called OnStar (which I don't subscribe to, BTW), and asked them to unlock my truck since the keys were inside. They asked for all my information, i.e. name, address, etc.

After giving them that they said, "You aren't a subscriber, so we can't unlock the truck."

I said, "No problem, I'll buy a year's subscription right now, here's my credit card info..." Before I could give her all that info, she said, "Sir, that won't do me any good until you push the blue "OnStar" button on the mirror inside your vehicle."

I was dumbfounded! I said "But lady, I'm talking to you because I'm locked out of my vehicle and I can't get inside to press the blue "OnStar" button."

She said, "That's too bad, do you want us to call a locksmith?"

At that point I could see further logic was useless so I hung up.

Anyway, Ron Zappendorf told me to contact Norm Phelps and he could get into the truck.

Jim paged Norm and he got me back into the truck after he finished drinking all the liquor he could find. But that didn't matter, I'd consumed all the beer within sight.

2 lessons I've learned with NASA:

1.) Never get a drill bit near an aluminium radiator.

2.) Always bring an extra key to the racetrack.

Edited by Guest

kbrew8991

sounds like that button push is part of the activation process. What engineer thought that one up

Fred Crawford

If I'd been there that would not of happened, my little buddy.... I don't know why at this moment.... but it would not of......

Fc

Deere Key

Fred Crawford

Accually Falcon,

All you had to do was to go underneath tha truck.... there is a 4 inch drain cover in the floor board area with 1/4 20 bolts that come thru from the top side. Take pliers and back them out up thru the interior of the cab. push the 4 inch plug up and move you carpeting out of your way. Reach up thru the hole with your arm and remove the keys from the steering column.... open door and install plate and carpet back..... nothing 2 it.....

thats why I drive Porsches

Fc

The Man

Darrel
Accually Falcon,

All you had to do was to go underneath tha truck.... there is a 4 inch drain cover in the floor board area with 1/4 20 bolts that come thru from the top side. Take pliers and back them out up thru the interior of the cab. push the 4 inch plug up and move you carpeting out of your way. Reach up thru the hole with your arm and remove the keys from the steering column.... open door and install plate and carpet back..... nothing 2 it.....

Fc

The Man

And you think he could do that after the 24 beers he had drank from my cooler?

Fred Crawford
Accually Falcon,

Fc

The Man

And you think he could do that after the 24 beers he had drank from my cooler?

He will do anything for free beer my friend.....

Fc

Varkwso
..... 2.) Always bring an extra key to the racetrack.

You taught that one to me about 5 years ago as I recall.....