Hoosier in 2010?

Varkwso

I have heard rumors that Hoosier may tighten up on contingency awards in 2010. It has been the best thing that has happened in TT since I have been doing it (4 years and counting) and has sold a lot of tires for them.

Of course they have shipped quite a few out to podium finishers for free also. It has definitely upped the ante in car and driver prep - just look at the records that have fallen all over the country this year. Of course we ran mostly CMC this year (no hoosiers allowed ) so never had a chance to get in on the action.

Hopefully, Hoosier will still support the award system since if you do not have fresh A6s the disadvantage is hard to overcome.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1LapSRT

• Varkwso

• kbrew8991

• drivinhardz06

Of course they have shipped quite a few out to podium finishers for free also.

Actually, we have to pay shipping

Fantastic program, love the tires. A sticker set of A6s is like putting in a NOS bottle for lateral G's

Jeff Speer has been great to deal with, great guy, lots of tech advice I've bothered him with, and he's always helpful.

I have always run Kumho's stuff (and some recent nitto's) before this season. Hoosier for the first time this season, absolutely love 'em.

Hoosier for the first time this season, absolutely love 'em.

First time for me as well, although I chose to use R6's. I was able to have them broken in per the recommended procedure(track 'em and let them sit for a week) in April. I didn't use them until August. I did three events with probably 85% of the time on the R6's. The final event this month still had the R6's gripping rather well. Very happy with the longevity-to-grip ratio. They are now deflated and bagged despite having no real illusions of any major grip come January/February.

And I only tried the Hoosiers because of the contigency program. Not sure I ever want to run less of a tire. Damn Hoosier/Continental for getting me hooked on CRACK!!!

• Members
Hoosier for the first time this season, absolutely love 'em.

First time for me as well, although I chose to use R6's. !

<--- ponders running his A6s in TTB....

Add another converted Hoosier driver from the V710 because of the Contingency program. The R6/A6 is a great tire but I probably wouldn't have even tried them w/out the Contingency support. (just being honest, )

I had tire overheating problems with the V710s, but I was also on less tire with a heavier car. I still don't think I could make 710s work for a race, but I could prob get 2-3 solid laps now with the new car / points setup

I'd probably be on BFG's if it wasn't for Hoosier contingency - brutal honesty here

They do not work as well on C5s as the Hoosiers.

I also left V710s for Hoosiers..

My R888s were going away quickly through the season so the Hoosier contingency offer

convinced me to try them. Did two non-NASA events and then on the third event,

NASA@CMP, I won a set of four The contingency works and I'll be staying with them

from now on.

Just read about the Continental/Hoosier hookup and met the Continental North America

R&D boss this past Saturday who is headquartered in Ft. Mill, SC.

Happy Thanksgiving all....

Damn. I guess I may never get the chance to see what a sticker set of A6's feel like.

if anybody can use the 13 pts, it's you

Yeah I said in another thread that I can afford the 13 points, but not the 13 hundred bucks.

Damn. I guess I may never get the chance to see what a sticker set of A6's feel like.

if anybody can use the 13 pts, it's you

Yeah I said in another thread that I can afford the 13 points, but not the 13 hundred bucks.

I can sell you a set of extra "sticker" 275/35/18 A6's I have.... but that may be a tad skinny for your vette.

My R888s were going away quickly through the season so the Hoosier contingency offer

NASA@CMP, I won a set of four The contingency works and I'll be staying with them

from now on.

Just read about the Continental/Hoosier hookup and met the Continental North America

Who did you meet? I know a "few" people at Conti.

• Members

from now on.

Who did you meet? I know a "few" people at Conti.

I heard about it thru Chris Rado yet im not able to get ANY info on these tires other than they partnered up with Hoosier. Rado's tires are Hoosiers with the Hoosier scraped off and the yellow Continental logo stuck to them. Funny!

Im not sure that his info is accurate but its all that ive been able to find out about them.

I can sell you a set of extra "sticker" 275/35/18 A6's I have.... but that may be a tad skinny for your vette.

I ran them all season, and likely will next season

I met Joerg Burfien from Hannover, Germany and met an engineer earlier in August, Bob-an Asian. Joerg also crews for a friend, Casey Holtzman, who drives a Conti sponsored Porsche 911 in the Targa Newfoundland events. Met them at Supercar Sensations events in Charlotte while instructing there and Conti sponsors them.

May have to get some Contis for my 2500 Suburban that needs some new rubber soon!! If you google: "Hoosier and Continental

alliance" you have all the news there of their future plans.

McGyver

+1 for Hoosiers. Barry has been using them for years and his dad (Geoff Bodine) used them long ago before NASCAR mandated tire types and brands and have since had a great personal relationship with them as well. We have been using them for autoX and track events since 2004 and would not use any other track tire, only exception to that is when the class we want to run in mandates a higher tread wear. It was nice to win a complete set at the last NASA event and is great to see Hoosier support grass roots racing so strongly with such a great contingency program. Hoping for another set at RA!

-Leslyn Bodine

Wife/Co-Owner/enthusiast

I met Joerg Burfien from Hannover, Germany and met an engineer earlier in August, Bob-an Asian. Joerg also crews for a friend, Casey Holtzman, who drives a Conti sponsored Porsche 911 in the Targa Newfoundland events. Met them at Supercar Sensations events in Charlotte while instructing there and Conti sponsors them.

May have to get some Contis for my 2500 Suburban that needs some new rubber soon!! If you google: "Hoosier and Continental

alliance" you have all the news there of their future plans.

McGyver

Bob is my main contact. Great guy!

I put the conti's on my DD, my tow rig and I run their new extreme DW tire for street tire events (Redline TA).

• 4 weeks later...
any update on this guys? i hope hoosier will keep this program goin for TT!!!!

Nothing official - all I hear is rumors the program may be reduced - I sure hope not.