Hoosier in 2010?

Varkwso

It helps if they make it to the track before the racing starts though ...

Yeah and also it would be good if they actually sent enough man power to keep up with the demand.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1LapSRT

• Varkwso

• kbrew8991

• drivinhardz06

Yeah and also it would be good if they actually sent enough man power to keep up with the demand.

Well when you show up and unload the Nissan Titan to the tune of this:

3774223350347ctn.jpg

You'd need half the Chinese army mounting and balancin' around the clock

Hopefully you submitted your claims before the December 15th deadline. If you did, then you should be fine to receive your "spoils of victory" and use them to claim more in 2010.

Indeed I did. They were kind enough to hold them until closer to our first event.

Just make sure you buy them from an authorized Hoosier distributor !!!

A company from the list that Hoosier provided in the contingency announcement...

To clarify, are you telling these guys that if they buy from an authorized Hoosier dealer who sells and provides track-side support they are not eligible for contingency

Okay to clarify my statement :

To be eligible for the NASA Hoosier contingency award program, you must purchase your Hoosier tires from one of the authorized dealers that are listed on the Hoosier "authorized NASA contingency list".

Just make sure you buy them from an authorized Hoosier distributor !!!

A company from the list that Hoosier provided in the contingency announcement...

To clarify, are you telling these guys that if they buy from an authorized Hoosier dealer who sells and provides track-side support they are not eligible for contingency

Okay to clarify my statement :

To be eligible for the NASA Hoosier contingency award program, you must purchase your Hoosier tires from one of the authorized dealers that are listed on the Hoosier "authorized NASA contingency list".

ADDING:

You may use tires that were contingency awards as well.

So, what about tires left over from last year? Are those not eligible? Or only if they came from the list of vendors on the contigency page? And how do I verify purchase from last year, credit card statement?

So, what about tires left over from last year? Are those not eligible? Or only if they came from the list of vendors on the contigency page? And how do I verify purchase from last year, credit card statement?

If you purchased them last year from an approved vendor, they can be used this year for contingency awards.

Hoosier supports us, and our trackside tire vendors support us, so the contingency program rules require us to support them in a sense.

And how do I verify purchase from last year, credit card statement?

This last item has not been directly addressed in the several threads about Hoosier contingency on the NASA Forums website. From my experience, it is up to the integrity of the competitor to assure the TT/Race director that the tires qualify. I have never been asked to produce proof of origin for my tires, but since I purchase from approved venders (or use tires obtained through contingency), I sleep very well . I would ask your series director what they require as they are the ones that sign off on the contingency request form.

Support those that support racing

That's understood, but to imply that TireRack doesn't support racing is kinda nuts! Don't ya think?

I think the intent is to support the retail vendors who actually go to the track events. Here in So Cal, Topless Performance is at most every NASA, PCA, and POC event with their support trailer loaded with tires and related equipment. Their prices match Tire Rack's, and they deliver them for free to your event. Absolutely agree that we should "Support those who support racing"...

You got it, Tire Rack isn't going to help you mount a tire at the track. I would hate to see Track Side tire support go away. Only support the businesses you want to see around in the future.