Hoosier in 2010?

Varkwso

any update on this guys? i hope hoosier will keep this program goin for TT!!!!

Nothing official - all I hear is rumors the program may be reduced - I sure hope not.

I've heard the same thing, we'll see

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1LapSRT

• Varkwso

• kbrew8991

• drivinhardz06

I hope they dont cut the program either but when you think about it, it has to really eat into their profits...the current setup is more then generous and I am surprised the contingencies are as significant as they are.

Seems like a good opportunity for another supplier like Hankook to step up to the plate.

contingency doesn't do much good if the product isn't good enough to win on

contingency doesn't do much good if the product isn't good enough to win on

Sticker Hankooks > any brand heat cycled out scrubs any day.

FYI NOBODY has ever gone around Mid Ohio in a TTA Corvette faster than I did at the 2007 National Championships and I was on Hankook C70s. Keep in mind I was 100# heavier and dynoed 10 HP less than the 2nd, 3rd & 4th place cars (all Z06s) which I beat by over a half a second. The other TTA cars ran sticker A6 & 710s and they all ran a bigger tire I was the only one on 275s. FYI 2007 was the largest TTA field ever at Nationals. I'm told the C91 is even faster than the C71 and I was on the old C70s.

The problem with Hankook is they don't make adult size tires so I really can't compare a kook to a Hoosier. I'm very happy with Hoosier and think they make the fastest adult size tire out there.

Now you guys do know that Good Year is looking to get into the mix this year, it would be nice if it's a competitive product.

how did the C70's cycle out?

the A6's remain pretty fast if the ambient temp is cooler and you don't abuse them, but if it's hot and you run 'em hard, they fall off really fast

I would like to try the C91's this year, the problem is they seem very hard to find.

The problem with Hankook is they don't make adult size tires so I really can't compare a kook to a Hoosier.

When you drive a Neon that came with a 205 from the factory, a 275 is an adult size tire!

The problem with Hankook is they don't make adult size tires so I really can't compare a kook to a Hoosier.

When you drive a Neon that came with a 205 from the factory, a 275 is an adult size tire!

My 3 year old thinks a 10 yr old is an adult also

Edited by Guest

My experience with the Hoosier vs Hankook is the Hankook is faster , more feedback on the brakes , entry and exit, longer lasting before cycling out . Hossier is way better in slip angles and recovery.

Agian , the only problem is the size limit of the Hankook.

The Goodyear is reported to be a very good tire.

The word I got from a dealer of both Hossier and Goodyear is The war is on. No word about the TT program as of yet.

Racing series get 2 to win , Goodyear matching what ever Hoosier does. Hankook undecided.

how did the C70's cycle out?

the A6's remain pretty fast if the ambient temp is cooler and you don't abuse them, but if it's hot and you run 'em hard, they fall off really fast

I would like to try the C91's this year, the problem is they seem very hard to find.

I ran my fastest lap on the 4th or 5th heat cycle, thay didn't seem to last as long as a new A6 but my experiece was limited at the time so really I'd say I'm not to sure.

The C50 I ran for one weekend at Mid Ohio before Nationals say 4-6 heat cycles and the C70s were 1.3 seconds faster, I was able to run low 1:35s at Mid Ohio with the 6-12 heat cycle C50s.

I only had one new set of C50 & C70 then they set all winter and I ended up changing cars before getting new tires again.

I really would loove to un a TTA C5Z at Mid Ohio on sticker A6s and see what I can do, if you listen to how people talk I should be able to get a 1:32.

My experience with the Hoosier vs Hankook is the Hankook is faster , more feedback on the brakes , entry and exit, longer lasting before cycling out . Hossier is way better in slip angles and recovery.

Agian , the only problem is the size limit of the Hankook.

The Goodyear is reported to be a very good tire.

The word I got from a dealer of both Hossier and Goodyear is The war is on. No word about the TT program as of yet.

Racing series get 2 to win , Goodyear matching what ever Hoosier does. Hankook undecided.

That is good news if true but I would think Goodyear would need to better Hoosier just to get in the game.

My 3 year old thinks a 10 yr old is an adult also

My little baby car can holds it's own against the hoard of big boy cars!

That's what's so about it, that's what I liked about HPDEing my Stock 1997 Maxima, when you passed someone they had no excuse, with the Vette the just assume it's cause I have a better car. They never believe me when I tell them it only make 346 RWHP

That's what's so about it, that's what I liked about HPDEing my Stock 1997 Maxima, when you passed someone they had no excuse, with the Vette the just assume it's cause I have a better car. They never believe me when I tell them it only make 346 RWHP

I think I really surprised your GL buddies at Rd Atl this month.... Never got to talk to them, but man, we had fun on the track!

I could picture them calling Danny and complaining about some damn Neon who was keeping up with them (most of the weekend).

I think I really surprised your GL buddies at Rd Atl this month.... Never got to talk to them, but man, we had fun on the track!

I could picture them calling Danny and complaining about some damn Neon who was keeping up with them (most of the weekend).

I wish I was able to make it down for that but duty calls and I couldn't put that above the wife's requests

Reposted from the GTS forum.....

I heard via e-mail from Jeff Speer our Hoosier rep for NASA. He said:

"We will finalize our contingency programs for 2010 next month and hopefully can post something on our website. I do not have any specifics as to what will change since we have yet to meet internally to decide".

If you care about the contingency please take a minute to write to Jeff and let him know how important Hoosier's contingency is to you. The more drivers he hears from the better. Please be super polite and don't forget to add a big 'Thank You' for running the program for us this past year....

[email protected]

JRG

Here's a copy of the email I just sent to Jeff. Feel free to use it as a template for anything you may want to write:

Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for your support of the NASA TT program for 2009. I was fortunate to receive tires through your contingency program. In addition to the excitement of winning tires, I was pleasantly surprised by the rapid handling of my contingency request and shipment of those tires. I continue to use Hoosiers, and your company gains exposure from the success of cars using your product. As an instructor for NASA, and a chief instructor with Chin Motorsports, I often counsel drivers on car setup. Hoosiers are a potent part of my recommendations.

I switched to Hoosiers last year due to the contingency, and have been won over by their performance. In April 2009 I set the TTE track record at Homestead Miami Speedway on my first set of Hoosiers, and that record has subsequently been lowered several times, always by drivers on Hoosiers. In our last event of the season (Dec 2009), my friend Emilio dropped the record by 1.5 seconds in my car on Hoosiers with about 18 heat cycles on them. Also, I was able to secure the regional championship (Florida) on your tires. Last, I continue to purchase tires to supplement those won through your contingency program, most recently buying a tire/wheel package from Phil’s Tire Service for our season opener on 9-10 January 2010.

I have heard that the NASA contingency program may be scaled back for 2010, and hope that it will not be by much. In our region (Florida) it is difficult to field enough cars to meet the current car count minimum (3), so I hope that will not be changed. As a suggestion, one option would be to pay out 1 tire for a win if there is a 3 car field, 2 tires for a win if there are 5 cars, with an additional payout for second place (1 tire) if there are 7 cars. That would reduce the number of tires paid out through contingency by about 40% while maintaining a reward for competitive drivers in classes with low car counts.

Thanks again for supporting our sport – I look forward to another season of fun and challenge on the track.

Happy Holidays,

Joshua Feingold

Associate Professor

Nova Southeastern University