So when are rules finally coming out??

Red Tornado

OK you two....now that you've BOTH said what everyone thinks...let's be nice.

Rules are done.

NASA Headquarters is starting a 25 hour race within the next hour or so.

Once the race is over and they can focus on other things, I'll seek another final approval and move them into the posting process.

I have no idea when that will be but I do know what my preference would be.

(How's that for not setting another date, Matt & Tone!?! )

-=- Todd

Cognitive learning.....now we can at least start a betting pool as to the date they will be released. I'm taking 12/11/09!

Man oh man.

Does everyone remeber we race for fun and this is just amateur you know.

Give some of these directors a break. They have a life outside of this just like we all do.

and Mitch would have sold all his stuff....again. :rolleyes:

How did I get pulled into this?

Well, you are Glenn's Wife... you did get the "all my sh!t is for sale award"...

12/15/09....

and Mitch would have sold all his stuff....again. :rolleyes:

How did I get pulled into this?

Well, you are Glenn's Wife... you did get the "all my sh!t is for sale award"...

12/15/09....

Drunk again, huh ...

12/15/09....

Drunk again, huh ...

Nope....just tired, worn out and ready to follow your lead of selling out....just need rules to make sure the car is legal so new owner won't have to do anything to put it on track and go win races.

Nope....just tired, worn out and ready to follow your lead of selling out....just need rules to make sure the car is legal so new owner won't have to do anything to put it on track and go win races.

If you truly are going to follow my lead, then certainly don't go the path I've gone down.

Those are just acorns falling and not the sky.

While grossly frustrating not having the rules in hand by now and seeing the dood who's supposed to be writing the rules and not writing goofy responses on forums all over the net, you have to be optomistic and continue to hope that stupid changes aren't implemented immediately.

If I were a betting man, if you have a 2009 legal car, you'll have a 2010 legal car. 2011 might be a different story, but for the near term, I bet you'll be OK.

And major, earth-shattering changes will be implemented over time, like the HANS requirement and the Toyo RA1 revolving door. Again while frustrating, we still had a great time on-track.

I hate to see you bail especially when the 8 car is so close to kicking your sorry ass off the track.

• Members

Guys, geez!! I can see what we really need is an outlet for all of this pent up energy. How about we all go to a paintball field and you guys run around shooting at each other. It'll be therapeutic

I deleted the tangent posts...no use for local conflicts.

Let's try to stay on topic.

Like you guys, I can't WAIT for these rules to be released!!!

Guys, geez!! I can see what we really need is an outlet for all of this pent up energy. How about we all go to a paintball field and you guys run around shooting at each other. It'll be therapeutic

I will probably bring live ammo and all 4 rifles!

What I've found is I am bored as hell at work for maybe 40 hours a week, and have nothing else big going on in life...so I've been focused WAY too much on this racing BS lately. Going to tune out for a while, concentrate on a new important part of my life, (Bet I am moved before Todd finds a house), probably put the car up for sale and find a nasty street car to have fun with. gonna concetrate on instructing and getting more people addicted, might team up with a CMC-2 owner in an AIX owner for a fix. going to get away from the disappointments and those that ruffle my feathers and see if the crap subsides. Probably pull a varner/bell for a year and just get away from the far too many frustrations or I'm going to explode. I've expected too much and just need to dumb it down...a LOT. I've cared too much and tried to make a difference...but I was the ping pong ball and not the concrete wall. So in essence, I need to no longer give a sh!t. Just something I've never been able to do....it's that passion thing that Dave mentioned once I guess.

Later.

Matt,

Listen to Mitch - he's offered you some gold nugget level advice. Racing don't start back up until January and if you show up you'll have a blast, regardless if you have to enter AIX or AI or SUO or whatever. Go instruct at some DE's to keep your adrenaline pumping till then.

As far as a pulling a varner/bell, I don't advise it.

Matt,

Listen to Mitch - he's offered you some gold nugget level advice. Racing don't start back up until January and if you show up you'll have a blast, regardless if you have to enter AIX or AI or SUO or whatever. Go instruct at some DE's to keep your adrenaline pumping till then.

As far as a pulling a varner/bell, I don't advise it.

I've had my fill....only three events I am planning on right now are Lemons in February, chumpcar in June, and the American Iron Summer Nationals at Hallett in June....maybe. Beyond that the AI car is getting cleaned up and either mothballed or sold...there just seems to be a glut of them right now.

Been watching videos of some nasty cammed C5 Z06's and me likey!!!

Beyond that the AI car is getting cleaned up and either mothballed or sold..

Pics and price? I know several people that might be interested.

Well, World Challenge just had a big press release regarding the direction they're taking the series in the years to come... They're making some big time changes now while car counts are down and amidst inking new sponsors. Would love to see American Iron take a similar big step.

We're now considering a rule requiring the installation of one of these on certain makes & models of drivers...for safety reasons, of course.

popoff1.jpg

<>

-=- Todd

PS - I call PM the 8th on the Rules Posting Pool!

We're now considering a rule requiring the installation of one of these on certain makes & models of drivers...for safety reasons, of course.

popoff1.jpg

<>

-=- Todd

PS - I call PM the 8th on the Rules Posting Pool!

Todd your humor is sometimes insulting..... But I'm all for the "Todd piñata" in a noose and distributing baseball bats.

Todd your humor is sometimes insulting..... But I'm all for the "Todd piñata" in a noose and distributing baseball bats.

Seriously? In the last two months it's been:

-I'm MFW, the low-buck, grassroots racer who kicked ass at Nats.

-I'm MFW. OMG, these rules suck. I'm selling all my sh!t, F you guys.

-I'm MFW, I'm going to re-energize AI and make a kick ass video, find sponsors, and promote Hallet.

-I'm MFW. OMG, this isn't worth it, I'm selling all my sh!t again and buying a street 'Vette.

Cinch up your skirt, pick one, and run with it. I got away from street racing to get rid of the drama, GEEZ.

At least Todd has been:

-Guys, the rules are coming soon, I promise...

My last post was in no way meant to be offensive or insulting. We all "pop off" from time to time. My humor was meant to refer all those who may feel the frustration of the effects of rules changes (including World Challenge) and need a safety valve.

TJ, I agree, it's an insane rollercoaster.... It's just how things have been run, or not run, in tx for a very long time. The attempts to make everyone happy has been wrought with inaction, frustration. I can't be the only bi-polar wackjob in tx.... Our concerns and passions always get "trivialized" or answered with a "funny" picture or anecdote and smoothed over with icing making our input feel unwanted. It's sort of convenient to be "labelled" as a drama queen so they can just discount your input.... Even though they ask for it.

If you were aware of the background info I found out about regarding the "kickass" video, you would have thrown your hands in the air too. I found it was going to be a political mess and gave up thanks to the warning from someone who got screwed trying it before.

I tried to find a way to improve things and find more active ways to create positivity...but the rolling stone is just too big.

So yeah, I'm sure from the outside it's a long history of childish b!tching....but it's just been the way tx has been since 2005. I'm not the only one who's frustrated with it either..... I just happen to be the vocal one about it.

Seriously? In the last two months it's been:

-I'm MFW, the low-buck, grassroots racer who kicked ass at Nats.

-I'm MFW. OMG, these rules suck. I'm selling all my sh!t, F you guys.

-I'm MFW, I'm going to re-energize AI and make a kick ass video, find sponsors, and promote Hallet.

-I'm MFW. OMG, this isn't worth it, I'm selling all my sh!t again and buying a street 'Vette.

Cinch up your skirt, pick one, and run with it. I got away from street racing to get rid of the drama, GEEZ.

At least Todd has been:

-Guys, the rules are coming soon, I promise...

you have moved up into the top five of my favorite people as of this post.

you go girl!