loosecannon

SCCA considering Legends for autocross

loosecannon

Legends cars have always been allowed to autocross but have been classed in AMod or BMod where they are hopelessly outclassed. The SCCA is considering classing them in FMod against F440(snowmobile engines) and Formula V's (Beetle engines) and is looking for feedback on it. I have some Legends and autocross experience and would love to see the two combined. FMod is a good match if Legends cars are allowed to make a few changes. I would suggest that they allow any stock, production, naturally aspirated motorcycle engine with 2 valves limited to 1300cc, 4 valves limited to 1100cc. Also, I would let them run any tire on wheels up to 10" wide and be allowed to run a limited slip differentials. Send your letters of support to mac@scca.com and hopefully we will have one more place to run Legends cars.

CHR

Run on the full course for maximum experience. The cars are more competivive running and really welcomed especially with NASA-SE. See this:

Weed Wacker

Never run an autocross with one but on open track thats not even a comparison. I ran an 1100 when i first got my car and was around 2 seconds a lap faster i believe. If open track is any comparison a FMod legend would be a ringer

loosecannon

Autocross is significantly different than road racing, here's a video of a Legends car in autocross:

I have run a Legends on an asphalt oval and I have autocrossed, but have never combined the two-I think it would be awesome!

CHR

Look like fun but i have to repest myself racing is a rush:

loosecannon

The SCCA has brought up Legends cars in autocross again. I am revising my earlier stance that different engines should be allowed. I now think that the only mods allowed are wheels/tires/shocks. This way a Legends racer can sway tires, go autocrossing competitively one weekend and run his/her usual Legends track the next.