TurboShortBus

Homestead-Miami Speedway Time Trial entry list for Dec 12-13

TurboShortBus

This is a preliminary, unofficial list of drivers and cars who have registered for the TT classes for the upcoming event at Homestead-Miami Speedway on December 12-13, 2009. If you haven't yet, be sure to register soon to avoid late registration fees.

If you have any changes to your TT classification forms since the last event, then please scan them into .pdf format and email them to [email protected].

TTU

Harry Butler (#127X 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06)

Jeronimo Esteve (#15X 1998 Toyota Supra) Note: Sunday only

TTS

Stephen Catena (#506X 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06)

Daniel Isaia (#33X 2005 Porsche GT3)

Manny Platis (#24 2006 Mitsubishi Evo) Note: Saturday only

Eric Schmidt (#?? 2008 INEX Thunder Roadster)

David White (#10 2002 BMW M3)

TTA

Rudy Arias (#?? 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06)

Fernando Carbone (#7X 2005 BMW M3)

Jim Platis (#32X 2006 Mitsubishi Evo)

Derik Royal (#27 2005 Porsche 911)

TTB

Santiago Pericas (#25X 2006 Mitsubishi Evo)

TTC

Ernesto Bianchi (#14X 2006 Nissan 350Z)

Bruce Hollander (#48 2009 Mini Cooper JCW)

Luis Jimenez (#117X 2003 Nissan 350Z)

Victor Leo (#00X 1999 Mazda Miata)

Steve Nix (#711 2002 Chevrolet Camaro)

TTD

George Johnston (#656X 2004 Mazda MX5 Miata) Note: Saturday only

Mark McKay (#26 2004 Ford Mustang GT)

TTE

Emilio Cervantes (#761 1993 Mazda Miata) Note: Saturday only

Joshua Feingold (#76X 1993 Mazda Miata)

Nick Malatesta (#87 1996 Mazda Miata)

Note that this is the last event to earn points for the 2009 Florida championships. Here are the current points standings:

http://www.nasa-tt.com/Florida_Standings

See you there!

Mark

BigKeyserSoze

What does a Thunder Roadster class out in again?

TurboShortBus

Your 2008+ bodywork puts it in TTS. The older body style is TTA. They are insanely overclassed, IMO. Maybe I'll suggest that the national director rethinks the classification.

Mark

BigKeyserSoze

How many cars does it take to make for Hoosier money?

TurboShortBus

3 cars in a class = winner gets 2 Hoosiers

5 cars in a class = 2nd place gets 1 Hoosier

Check 2009 Homestead results here to compare times:

http://www.nasa-tt.com//Florida_Regional_Results

Your TR starts in TTS, but you can also step up to TTU or TTR if you want.

Mark

32EVOIX

Your 2008+ bodywork puts it in TTS. The older body style is TTA. They are insanely overclassed, IMO. Maybe I'll suggest that the national director rethinks the classification.

Mark

Hey Mark,

What is the HP/wt ratio on the thurderturd.

32EVOIX

Scott,

Are you going to come out and play? I think you should that way we can see if your attachments are as large as you claim.

TurboShortBus
Hey Mark,

What is the HP/wt ratio on the thurderturd.

It was probably around 2800 lbs and maybe 150-160 hp to the tires, so about 18:1, give or take a point.

Mark

32EVOIX

So how do they figure TTA or TTS for that car?

BigKeyserSoze

Jimmy:

The Thunder Roadster is TTS. The question was asked about ThunderTurd, my 24 Hours of Lemons 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. I believe it rolled the scales at just over 2700 pounds. I am guessing it puts down like Mark said, 160-170.

-Scott

TurboShortBus

TR = Thunder Roadster

Thunderturd = 1987 Thunderbird for the 24 Hours of Lemons

Mark

TurboShortBus

TTA updated.

Mark

krisa9977

I don't want to disappoint TTC guys, but it looks like I might join TTC group with my Mini Cooper S. I just found a set of brand new slicks for 100$ for a set of 4

TurboShortBus
I don't want to disappoint TTC guys, but it looks like I might join TTC group with my Mini Cooper S. I just found a set of brand new slicks for 100$ for a set of 4

Nice! But, please make sure that I have your TTC classification forms no later than Wednesday, or else you'll be slugging it out in TTR with the rest of the no-paperwork drivers! You can scan/email them to me at [email protected].

Mark

krisa9977

good to know Can I send two forms for TTE and TTC, becouse I'm not sure what class I gona run ?

TurboShortBus
good to know Can I send two forms for TTE and TTC, becouse I'm not sure what class I gona run ?

As long as I have separate classification forms on file for multiple cars or car setups, you'll be fine.

Do you have 1 car that can run either TTE or TTC? Or are you deciding between bringing 2 cars? That's quite a spread in points, although a set of non-DOT slicks would certainly account for those points.

Mark

krisa9977

I'm thinking to run slicks for TTC or street tires for TTE. I found a set of Goodyear slicks only for 100$, but they are for 13 inch rims. I'm trying to figure out if I can fit 13 inch rims to my Mini.

TurboShortBus

The following email was just sent to 5 TT drivers. 2 drivers haven't run with our region for quite a while, so I'm not trying to give them a hard time. However, the other 3 drivers are regulars, and I have requested their forms numerous times in the last several months, so they are all out of excuses. Either way, no exceptions will be made, so please get these forms to me ASAP.

If you are receiving this email, then it means you have registered to run (or intend to run) in Time Trial at Homestead on December 12-13, but I do not have your TT classification forms for your car on file. This also includes those of you who have previously sent me your forms in electronic format that were absolutely impossible to read.

I need to have your legible forms in my possession no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, December 9. The best method is to scan your forms into an electronic format (.pdf, etc.) and email them to me at this address. Your other option is to send them to me via the good old Post Office. My mailing address is (see the email). I do not have a fax machine at my house, so that is not an option. As with all classification forms, do not put sensitive personal information on them, as I will post them to Google Documents for all TT drivers to review.

If I do not receive your forms by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, December 9, then you will be classed in TTR for this weekend's event at Homestead, and you will continue to be classed in TTR for future events until the proper forms are received.

Mark

Joshua
I'm thinking to run slicks for TTC or street tires for TTE. I found a set of Goodyear slicks only for 100$, but they are for 13 inch rims. I'm trying to figure out if I can fit 13 inch rims to my Mini.

We could use one more driver in TTE! That way, you won't have to worry about wheel fitment.

TurboShortBus

TT classification forms are due by Wednesday at 5pm.

Mark

Mrsideways

I'll answer that. NOPE! 15's barely fit.

Besides without camber you'd hardly get them to last a couple laps. Open Diff too would kill em.

Joshua

Mark, I don't think you've mentioned this, but when are the TT classification forms due?

TurboShortBus
Mark, I don't think you've mentioned this, but when are the TT classification forms due?

Ah, whenever you get around to it...I'm a laid-back kind of guy...rules aren't important...

TT classification forms are still due by Wednesday at 5pm.

Mark

TurboShortBus

TTS updated.

Mark

kbrew8991

5pm eastern or central?