HDPE Helmet Requirement

C32CRX

I plan to do my first HPDE event at Willow Springs the end of the month, so I had my car tech'd and the gentleman said my helmet was no good. I just want to make sure, if not I will buy a new one.

Helmet is an M90. The NASA Website says M85 or newer. The Tech sheet says M9_ minimum, and the tech inspector said it needs to be M95 and they are going to M/SA00 soon.

I plan to do my first HPDE event at Willow Springs the end of the month, so I had my car tech'd and the gentleman said my helmet was no good. I just want to make sure, if not I will buy a new one.

Helmet is an M90. The NASA Website says M85 or newer. The Tech sheet says M9_ minimum, and the tech inspector said it needs to be M95 and they are going to M/SA00 soon.

I'm not sure were you got your tech sheet.. The one HPDE tech sheet I found on the nasaproracing.com site requires you to have a Snell 95 or newer. I was able to pass tech with a M95 helmet, but was told that a Snell 2000 will be needed soon. From what I understand if your doing a HPDE they will let you us a M rated helmet, but if your going to buy a new helmet get a SA rated.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/images/rules-forms/form_hpde_tech.pdf

A Snell M95 or SA95 or newer is fine for HPDE. You may want to consider an SA rated helmet if you are planning on racing as an SA helmet is fireproof or fire resistant and legal for racing. Either rating is legal for HPDE. Good Luck!

Dan

Thanks guys,

I did look at the new HPDE Tech sheet and it now says M95 or newer. I guess they changed the form from when I dowloaded it 2 months ago. Any ideas were I can buy a SA rated helmet and get it shipped in a weeks time? There are alot of motorcycle shops in my area that sell M rated but no SA.

• Members

Simpson has a factory store in Torrance. You can walk in and try some out. This is much better IMHO since you can feel and size the helmet before you buy. Check the Simpson website for the address.

Thanks for all the responses. I have purchased my helmet and should be good for at least 5 years. Thanks again.

Tim